How often do you eat fast food?

I went from eating fast food a few times/week (sometimes twice a day!), to eating it maybe twice a month, at the very most. I'm feeling a little down on myself because I'm having Taco Bell for dinner tonight. I know it's not wholesome, healthy, or the best way to get my calories in. I haven't had it in a long time and I didn't eat much today, which left me more calories than normal for dinner. (I spent most of the day at the oncologist's office with my son.) I made sure to order something somewhat 'healthy' and even saved calories for a clementine later incase I get hungry before bed.

I guess I'm looking to hear that other people eat the not-so-healthy fast food once in awhile, too, and STILL succeed.

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    never!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    never!

^^ This.

and used to 5 times a week.
  • NEVER!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Never. I have been to Burger King for chips (fries to you Americans) when we are doing long journeys and have to stop off in motorway services Maybe once or twice a year at most. I did sit outside a McDonalds once while someone got me some apple fritters as I refused to go inside. I didn't think much of the fritters. That's the closest I have ever got to a McDs. Being vegetarian I don't do the KFC thing, and I think Pizza Hut is rank (I went a couple of times as a teenager, but not since then. I don't often eat pizza in England anyway).
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Never - I like using fresh produce for making my meals... that and I have a dodgy stomach anyway so it's not worth the aggro!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    My family and my mom go to Taco Bell every Friday. Other than that, we have Subway a couple times a month and other than that, none.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member
    There's nothing wrong with eating it once in awhile. Twice a month is NOT BAD AT ALL. I used to eat it 2-3 times per day...I haven't had any really in the last few weeks other than pizza yesterday and today. I just am making sure it fits in my calories. Almost every fast food chain has their nutritional information on their website. Check it out so you know what the healthier options are.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    I haven't had any fast food since I started my health and fitness journey on Jan 1...but, I did go to Applebees last night and ate one of the under 550 calorie meals. Fast food hasn't sounded good to me lately.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I still allow myself once or twice a month. My next will be a pizza on 31st Jan.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    I order pizza from time to time. And make sure it fits my macros.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I eat fast food only on road trips, it's part of the experience for me. Or if I'm just super craving it (which may happen once every 2-3 months). I've just learned over time I don't feel very good after eating it, so usually that's enough to deter me from wanting to go anyway. That and it's totally expensive! I can make a MUCH better tasting and nutritious meal for myself with that same amount of money.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    I try not to eat it too often but yes I still eat it from time to time and I am still losing weight. If I know I am going to have fast food or eat out I try to budget my calories accordingly. I also workout for an hour monday-friday and somewhere between 30-40 minutes on the weekends. Exercise and moderation.
  • I have already made huge strides in cutting back on all the crap I used to eat, I know the rest of it will come soon enough, but certainly not overnight. I'm proud of myself for recognizing that it's not good for you and not eating it except a few times here and there. I don't want to say I'll never eat it again because then I get the mentality of deprivation and I'll want it even more eventually. My motto is "everything in moderation". :)
  • about 1-2 tiems a month, as long as it fits in my cal goal.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 284 Member
    Used to eat it daily (which is why I now have a bunch of weight to lose). Since October, I did fast food once and carry out 3 times. Each of those events resulting in a 3 lb gain (am very sensitive to salt so I tend to bloat easy), which then took me days to get off. But in the end, I am down 27 lbs. I don't plan on completely eliminating fast food from my life but I know that I have to restrict it to once/twice a month. Most of the time I was eating it for the convenience or stress but it really makes me feel bad (physically and mentally).
  • For me, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Burger King....anything with a drive-thru, is off limits. Kudos to you for being able to limit it to twice a month. Anytime I eat it, I always want more of it.
  • sassie27
    sassie27 Posts: 4 Member
    :wink: Once a fortnight
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Once a week.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I have already made huge strides in cutting back on all the crap I used to eat, I know the rest of it will come soon enough, but certainly not overnight. I'm proud of myself for recognizing that it's not good for you and not eating it except a few times here and there. I don't want to say I'll never eat it again because then I get the mentality of deprivation and I'll want it even more eventually. My motto is "everything in moderation". :)

Exactly. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet - pizza, burgers, chips...they're all part of a good lifestyle, but not if they make up your life.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Maybe once every 3-4 months?

I dont really enjoy those kind of foods anymore, I wake up the next day feeling bloated and greasy....mmm attractive!!! lol

sometimes it is unavoidable - you want this healthier lifestyle to be for the rest of your life, so you need to realise that sometimes you will end up at a fast food joint. Just fit it into your calorie goal, drink lots of water and enjoy it.