How often do you eat fast food?

Options

Replies

• clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Never. If I eat out it's at a local Indian Restaurant and that's about twice a month.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    A couple times a week :( I know I shouldn't and I'm working on that. But I get massive withdraws when I don't have it after a while. It makes me sick that I am at this point, but I think you are far enough away from being addicted to it that one time will not hurt you. There are some lighter options at Taco Bell. Load up on the veges.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Very, very rarely. It is an expensive calorie heavy, sodium, processed junk nightmare and I avoid it. :)
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    my whole life I ate fast food probably less than 10 times! i dont ever want or crave it.=)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Never.. with exception to a baked potato from Wendy's. I just think that fast food is gross. I saw a picture once of a burger that was years old but still looked the same because it was so processed. Also, Taco Bells "meat" being less than 40% actual meat is just yucky. It is just not worth it to me. That being said... pizza is still very tempting to me. :) I'm sure that a couple of times a month will be fine, and just order the best you can while you are there. My friend had half a McD angus burger today. She skipped the mayo and the two slices of cheese.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    A couple times a week :( I know I shouldn't and I'm working on that. But I get massive withdraws when I don't have it after a while. It makes me sick that I am at this point, but I think you are far enough away from being addicted to it that one time will not hurt you. There are some lighter options at Taco Bell. Load up on the veges.

Does Taco Bell serve veggies? I've seen some iceberg lettuce and a few soggy tomatoes here and there...
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I do eat fast food I substitute the fries for a salad, and I either get a water or only drink like 1/2 of my soda. I am doing a lifestyle change and I'm pretty much not going to give up Pizza or Chick Fil A, and I'm still losing weight. There are worse things you could eat that people make right at home, so as long as you're not hitting the drive thru or pizza place every day or even several times a week, I'd say you're doing fine. At Taco Bell I've always gotten like 2 soft tacos with no cheese, and that's 170 calories I think so add a salad to that and I've never felt bad after eating just that.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Maybe once a week if I am being honest. Its usually a salad or subway. I save my Saturday cheat meal for places like Olive Garden or a nice resturaunt. But week days I usually cook unless something is going on and it takes up my time.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Subway once a week. The other less healthy stuff every couple of months.

I know it's not healthy but that double Quarter Pounder I had last week was SO GOOD!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Never
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When I need to for convenience (road trips), or when I'm really craving something I will work it into my calories and drink lots of water. Don't beat yourself up over it. :)
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever eat fast food anymore. If I recall, I think Taco Bell has their "fresca" menu which is supposed to be somewhat better than their regular menu items. Perhaps give that a try if you have no other option for dinner.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Avoid it as much as you can, but....

There's nothing that says you can't have it occasionally and not derail your goals. In fact, there's a guy that did an experiment where he ate fast food at every meal and made choices that kept him under his calorie (and carb) goal and he lost 12 lbs in maybe a month or two (can't remember the time frame). The documentary is called "Fathead" and he did it in response to the movie "Super Size Me" where the guy eats like 4000 calories of fast food every day, gains weight, and then says fast food is the reason this country is fat (even though 4000 calories of anything makes you fat)

No, it's not a healthy choice.
    No, you don't get as many nutrients as cooking at home can offer

But having it occasionally as a treat or when you just don't have time to cook is okay. Just be smart about what you order. Do some research on the caloric content of various chains and their options so you always go in educated about what the best option is (sometimes we think something will be okay, but we don't know until we look at the data). If you go in prepared, having it occasionally won't derail your diet.
  • SISDONNAK
    SISDONNAK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    no desire to eat that stuff!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    havent eaten it in 7 years
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever and when I do it's always a salad or light sandwich from subway...Part of me misses it but then I remember that bacon cheeseburger, shake and fry will only end up on my thighs....then I find it disgusting! :wink:
  • blt2445
    Options
    Eating fast food twice a month is not going to break your weight loss goals, especially if you are still coming under for your calorie total for the day. Don't be so hard on yourself. Life happens and sometimes fast food happens. As long as fast food is a special occasion and not something done on a regular basis, it certainly isn't going to prevent you from being successful.
  • pineapl
    pineapl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, usually I would eat about 2 times a week, but it's been over a month since I've had fast food, and I don't miss it!!! There is a deli by my house that I frequent 1-2 times a week. Thankfully they have their nutrional info available, so I try to work my favorite sandwich from there. :laugh:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    there's a guy that did an experiment where he ate fast food at every meal and made choices that kept him under his calorie (and carb) goal and he lost 12 lbs in maybe a month or two (can't remember the time frame). The documentary is called "Fathead" and he did it in response to the movie "Super Size Me" where the guy eats like 4000 calories of fast food every day, gains weight, and then says fast food is the reason this country is fat (even though 4000 calories of anything makes you fat)

Ha I was thinking the other day that a great idea for a documentary would be exactly that...proving that you can lose weight eating fast food. Sounds like someone already did it. I'll search for that doc on netflix tonight!
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    My plan is to savor every bite of my dinner and then drink TONS of water. :) Although, I'm under my sodium goal by a long shot for today!