What gets on your nerves the most about the boards?

Options

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    1. Thin bashing
    2. Bad spelling but I wouldn't correct anyone.
    3. All the TOM threads
    4. Myths being spread.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar upsets me, as does poor spelling. I'd never correct anyone, though.

im horrible at spelling and grammar and even using punctuation so you probably find me very frustrating :)
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options
    I am most annoyed by threads like this one. It's just like any other repetitive topic, plus it almost always devolves into an argument.

Perhaps they do annoy you, but if they annoy you....then why would you bother wasting time to reply to them? Just sayin'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    1. Thin bashing
    3. All the TOM threads
    4. Myths being spread.

And this is why we are friends :D

Oh to add:
    The phrases "I want to tone" or "just sayin" lol
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    if I want to eat McDonalds three times a day one day, I don't think it's your place to tell me what is and isn't healthy. Maybe I didn't have enough money to buy anything more than a hamburger on the dollar menu. Maybe I forgot my lunch at home and there is no where else to get food in the amount of time I have to get food. Maybe I just wanted a dang hamburger!

Sometimes I think we should get off our high horses about what's healthy and what's not. I know we are all excited about eating right and knowing all this knew information and we want to share it, but belittling others and making it seem as if you know best is not the best way to do it.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't go on the boards much on here except for a couple ones in a group I am in, because what I have seen of the boards I don't like. The attitudes and the rude comments just aren't my kind of thing. I read a thread last week where a girl was having trouble finding supportive and less superficial friends on here and most of the responses blamed her and her attitude for not being able to find what she wanted. I think MFP should be more of a supportive place than that.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just shutup! This post gets on my nerves!! Shutup! Go brush you hair or something....................................

Hey, look LeanerBeef I'm giving you attention!!

....what? Isn't that why you posted that? You WEREN'T starved for attention?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am most annoyed by threads like this one. It's just like any other repetitive topic, plus it almost always devolves into an argument.

Perhaps they do annoy you, but if they annoy you....then why would you bother wasting time to reply to them? Just sayin'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

these threads allow overweight nonactive people to say they were on a fitness site and did something...
  • cjpg
    Options
    I love people.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    If there is someone out there that is eating 500 cal a day, informing them (in a polite way) that it's unhealthy is advisable

And if I want to eat McDonalds three times a day one day, I don't think it's your place to tell me what is and isn't healthy.

So I should tell you when you eat an unhealthy low amount of calories, but should not tell you when you eat a high amount of unhealthy calories.
    Got it.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Since becoming active again in looking through the message board in the past couple of weeks, I have noticed sooooooo many negative posts people make towards others. I don't remember it being so bad when I first joined.

This
  • servilia
    Options
    If there is someone out there that is eating 500 cal a day, informing them (in a polite way) that it's unhealthy is advisable

And if I want to eat McDonalds three times a day one day, I don't think it's your place to tell me what is and isn't healthy.

So I should tell you when you eat an unhealthy low amount of calories, but should not tell you when you eat a high amount of unhealthy calories.
    Got it.

Ouch! :glasses:
  • servilia
    Options
    1. Thin bashing
    3. All the TOM threads
    4. Myths being spread.

And this is why we are friends :D

Oh to add:
    The phrases "I want to tone" or "just sayin" lol

Yes it is :)
    We forgot to add "I don't want to lift, don't want to get bulky" lol
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What gets on my nerves and peeves me?

A lot of the scandalous women on here (and some men too) that let all their garbage out on the discussion boards. Like for instance one person made a reference to their vibrator. It's just trashy and nasty. It makes you look skanky and you just want attention. Also the ranking system blah whatever this is not Fubar (It actually has a ranking system), Facebook, Plentyoffish, eHarmony, Myspace, Zoosk or any other site like that it is a fitness website not 1-800 find me a date, or screw for the night....Carry on now....:flowerforyou:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Nothing annoys me about it. I love...

The advice
    The support
    The friends I have made
    The funny stuff
    The heated debates
    The trolling
    The sarcasm

The fact that people complain about complainers
    Whinge about whingers
    Bash the Bashers
    And Hate the haters
    it is all funny as hell and I love it here.

It is just a reflection of the life I have to deal with everyday. I can join in or I can ignore, I can friend or Decline.
    The choice is mine to make.

But most of all I love the fact that among it all I have learned how to eat heathily make good choices and I am losing weight so I say a big THANKS to MFP for even with all its faults it is still helping hundreds of people lose weight.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I have been overweight all my life and so I am a little sensitive, but I have noticed troll or would be troll posts and I don't really think this is the place for that...I understand people need to lighten up and let loose, but I sometimes can't tell if people are being rude just to be rude or if they are just being sarcastic or what...makes me really think about what I might post IF I post.....and I am one of those newbies you are speaking of, but I haven't asked a bunch of questions...YET! :wink:
    haha i feel the same way dont ask questions cuz when i do people 99% of the time say something rude or completely ignore the question and tell me about something that has nothing to do with my question lol i hardly ever actually get an answer for most of my questions lol
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Sensitive people need to evacuate the internet.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses:
  • cjpg
    Options
    Ditto....This is what I am talking about....sadly....

Nah, what I said was too harsh.

I just mean everyone is entitled to their opinion. And a lot of people who participate in these threads (myself included) don't use it for excuses.

MFP has a major contribution to my motivation to keep logging my foods. The community on this site has a huge part in it, even the people who don't care about what they say or how it affects people (even unknowingly).

So, by participating in a thread like this, it helps me get a clearer picture to the MFP community which is directly related to my weight loss... I'm not a social creature myself for the most part, but I have grown to depend on MFP logging and the casual responses people have. It keeps me going.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Because of most of the comments and reactions stated above is why I haven't felt comfortable accepting "friends" or making my info public. Why would I? To be slammed by complete strangers.

I'm not new to diet and exercise. I am new to MFP. I've been skinny all my life until I had my second child and she was diagnosed with several rare diseases (1 life threatening) and now just last month has been diagnosed with autism. I emotionally ate and have been consumed by her care and health. I put off taking care of myself to make sure she's still alive these 19 months she's been on earth. 2012 is my year. I'm finally at a place where I can help her with her daily battles and help myself with mine.

I've noticed the condescending remarks and sarcasim, they must truly be miserable in their own lives....
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When things are posted in the wrong message board. :devil:

Oh, and I say, nomnomnomnom...It's kinda a toddler mama thing. :laugh: