10,000 a day what do you say

Options

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great SinCity!!! My legs are still hurting like crazy but they definitely feel like they have been working. I just walked 12,386 steps in the snow and then got some shoveling in too. My friend invited me over for lunch so I think I will walk there too to get even more steps in. I am definitely getting used to this. It is like making the bed every day, or brushing your teeth, once it becomes a habit, you won't be able to live without the daily looooong walk. I am really starting to enjoy myself. This is coming from someone who is a home body and from someone that HATES to exercise. My hubby has started running too :). Keep on truckin.... Hugs fellow walkers.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Under 10,000 the yesterday but not by much. Weekend should be back over 10,000.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    I put another 6000 in today so that makes close to 19000 today! I feel so great besides my legs feeling like they are going to fall off. They are feeling like when you lift weights and your muscles are completely exhausted. My right leg feels so heavy that I can barely lift it. I am sure this is the reason that I am not losing weight (replacing the fat with muscle). I am sure that once the weight loss kicks in, it will really kick in. I am just going to keep at keeping at it and have the faith that I am doing the right thing. It has only been a week of walking every day and 2 weeks on MFP. Losing 6 inches in my hips is not at all bad for that amount of time. Keep on Keeping on everyone. :)!!!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a couple days, but I have been getting in my 10,000 steps. I got in 10,682 on Wii Walk it Out today, plus whatever I walked. I had to take my pedometer back because it broke and Target didn't have any other brand but that one. I will be heading to Hibbett tomorrow to see what they have. I've not measured, but I *feel* different, if that makes any sense.

So glad to see you are getting so many steps in, weightbattlewarrior!
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    I feel different too so it makes perfect sense to me!!! I got my 10,000 in today and more yesterday. I had done about 8000 in the morning and came back to entertain company, and then finished off my steps by going to the store in the evening. I am really tired today for some reason. I am not sure about tomorrow since I have to go to the hospital to get a test for my daughter all day long. Maybe I will walk around the hospital for my workout. The last time we did this, it was so awful. They kept and iv in her all day long. So we shall see if I can make it happen tomorrow. I thought about waking up at 5 to get my walk in. That would be dedication for your wouldn't it?? Not sure if I will do it but maybe I will just to keep up the momentum and to get it over in the morning. Any thoughts??
  • SinCity2003
    Options
    I think if you have the ability to get up that early and do it, you should :) I get up at 5am every morning just to get to work on time, so fitting in a workout before work would require me getting up at 4am, and I just don't get along with 4am LOL. I'm more than halfway through my 10,000 today on the Wii (it says I'm at 6500 steps) and I plan on finishing up once I get dinner and the laundry done. And again, that doesn't count my just regular walking around, so I'm getting in more than 10,000 a day, but that's okay, the more the better.
    February 1st I start another challenge on here, lose 10lbs in February, so this has been good for getting me in the habit of walking every day, which will only aide in that loss.

Good luck to your daughter tomorrow. I hope all is well!
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    Well it looks like I can get my steps in after all since I was up at 5 but it was sooooo dark outside and I have 2 left feet and would most certainly fall on back ice because of how cold it is. They scheduled a full scan and renal scan as soon as they have time on a Thursday. So, it wasn't the bad one I thought it would be this time but next time it will be a looooong day. I am back home now and the weather is beautiful so I am excited to get moving out in the sunshine. You are right any moving is fantastic!!! And it is fun to exercise a lot with the HRM so you can eat a bit more food throughout the day. Walking is a great way to start getting the motivation factor going and I have felt significant changes in my body with the muscles being worked on the daily basis. I would love to figure out how to get a 10 mile walk in every day. This will not only aid in the weight loss but will keep my muscles strong and me feeling great. I can feel it when I wake up in the morning around my waiste and hips. They feel a lot smaller and now my thighs are starting to follow. Those 3 areas and my arms are my big issues and walking is perfect. I also think that I will buy some weights at the local store so I can work my arms with my legs. I think maybe you should think about that too. The great thing about walking is that it is so easy, you cannot easily injure yourself, and it makes your body feel great, and for a couch potato like me it is easy to stick to. I am getting to the point that if I miss a walk then I would be really disappointed and would feel like I have been missing something. I would like to get it to be part of my routine like brushing teeth or making my bed if that makes sense to you. Keep on movin!!! You are doing great!!! I am going to add you are a friend, I hope you don't mind :)!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    3000 done with my dog this morning, 9000 to go for my evening walk in a few hours!

Been averaging only about 6000 a day because I was doing other exercise at home but now the doc wants me to just focus on walking for exercise so I'm aiming for half hour in the AM and an hour and a half in the PM. (I'm 5 months pregnant that's why doc wants me to chill a little with the aerobics...) Even though sometimes I really lack the motivation, if I miss a PM walk one day I will be really cranky and grouchy the next so hubby usually is a good motivator to get me off my *kitten* when I'm sluggish and come up with really creative excuses!

Have a great week everyone!
  • SinCity2003
    Options
    3000 done with my dog this morning, 9000 to go for my evening walk in a few hours!

Been averaging only about 6000 a day because I was doing other exercise at home but now the doc wants me to just focus on walking for exercise so I'm aiming for half hour in the AM and an hour and a half in the PM. (I'm 5 months pregnant that's why doc wants me to chill a little with the aerobics...) Even though sometimes I really lack the motivation, if I miss a PM walk one day I will be really cranky and grouchy the next so hubby usually is a good motivator to get me off my *kitten* when I'm sluggish and come up with really creative excuses!

I will say, I walked at least a mile a day when I was pregnant with my son (who is now 7.5) and I had the quickest first-time mother labor my labor and delivery nurse said she had ever seen. I was at the hospital for 3.5 hours before he was born! (And I was technically in labor (from the time my water broke) for 6.5 hours. I was never so thankful I had walked so much in my life! Good luck to you :)
  • SinCity2003
    Options
    Lara,
    I added you as a friend, thank you!
    So glad to hear your daughter's procedure won't be as bad as you thought and glad to hear you got your walk in this morning.
    I came to work super early this morning, so I will be able to leave earlier (we just have to put in 8 hours a day, doesn't matter which 8) and that will give me time to do dinner, homework, bath time and bed time and still fit in my 10,000 steps on the Wii tonight.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Last couple of days have been well below 10,000. I am back at it today!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Only managed 8804 yesterday! Well under my 12000 goal but got an annoying cramp on the side of my stomach and decided not to stop. If I weren't pregnant I'd suck it up and keep going til the pain went away or got worse lol. Today am aiming for 12000 again and will succeed! I too only count the steps when I'm geared up and ready for an exercise walk - I don't count my steps throughout the day. I like setting specific time away for exercise. Happy Tuesday!
  • MissConfidence
    Options

I will say, I walked at least a mile a day when I was pregnant with my son (who is now 7.5) and I had the quickest first-time mother labor my labor and delivery nurse said she had ever seen. I was at the hospital for 3.5 hours before he was born! (And I was technically in labor (from the time my water broke) for 6.5 hours. I was never so thankful I had walked so much in my life! Good luck to you :)

Ooooh I like the sound of that! Thanks :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    You guys are doing fantastic. Even if you don't make the complete goal, you are getting out there and are doing something. Something is better than nothing. And yes, being in shape, helps the labor along nicely. although mine were always 4-5 weeks early so they were tiny which also helped A LOT!! Walking is for the most part really gentle on your body but it still gives your leg muscles a good workout. You can walk with weights too which really has helped me get my heartrate up a notch making it a better workout. The weights do not have to be heavy, I have 2 lb weights in each hand when I walk. I walked another 17,000 or so today. actually I did a combo of walking and running also to work on getting the heart rate up. I also bring a HRM with me to be as accurate as possible when recording my calorie burn. I kind of want to get out and walk more today but my right leg is super sore and has been for quite a while now. I can barely even lift it. Tomorrow is the first day of the month and I plan on fasting for the day so I do not think I will do my regular walk for fear that I will most definitely run out of steam. I like to try new things to shake things up and the first of the month I am definitely planning to fast to start the month off in a positive way, maybe even working up to fasting twice a month. Once your body gets used to a routine I have seen time and time again that is plateaus. So, Just before Friday's measurements, I will fast on Wednesday and rest my leg in hopes it is just an overworked muscle. I am limping now so I do not think that is a very good sign. Hopefully on Thursday and Friday I will be back to exercising and burning a ton of calories thoughout the day. Ultimately I would love to get 8 lbs off in February. Hugs and keep up the good work!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    Oh, and Miss Confidence take it easy if your side hurts. Your body will let you know how much is too much. Listen to it more than ever now while that little baby is in there. Are you going to find out the sex? Or do you know already?? So exciting. You will love being a mommy. It is the hardest and most rewarding thing that you will ever do.
  • SinCity2003
    Options
    Yesterday, I did not do my 10,000 on the Wii. I was so incredibly tired that I left work early (well, still got in my 8 hours, but early for me), picked my son up from after care, went home and promptly fell asleep on the couch where I stayed for about an hour and a half. I cooked dinner for the boys, put the youngest one to bed and fell back asleep myself. I am feeling very rested today, though, and I'm hoping that I get out of here at a decent hour (it's the last day of the month and a push to get stuff done and out the door!) in time to get it done.
    I weighed myself this morning just to take a peek and I liked what I saw :)

I'm not going to do the fast tomorrow, only because I need my energy for the drive to and from work and dealing with work, but I am going to do 12,000 steps a day for the rest of the week to see if I can burn some extra calories. June 20th we leave for Las Vegas and I have 45 more pounds to lose before then so hard work is in my future!

Take it easy with your leg, Lara! Don't overdo it and be out of the "race" for awhile :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    yes, tomorrow is my only rest day out of the entire 15 days. I plan to get back on the horse the day after tomorrow and hopefully my leg will be well rested and ready for a huuuuuuuge Thursday walk. I hear the weather is going to be pretty bad and really cold over the next week or so. Today was a lovely day with sun and not much wind. I kind of like the wind though because I work harder without realizing it. June should be doable to lose 45lbs. I am aiming for 8 lbs in February. If you are up for it we can keep this challenge going till June. I am ready and willing. I love my morning walks, they give me much needed thinking time and time alone. I also get really inspired when I am walking and it is fun to see how much I am burning with the heart rate monitor. I try to challenge myself more and more each time. The weights that I added also increased my heart rate so I burn calories faster. Keep it going :)!! You are doing great. I actually fell asleep after my walk today so I know what it is like to be tired. Hugs.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    Ok, Drum Roll

I started mfp 25 days ago so a little over 3 weeks I have been at it and 2 weeks I have been at this walking thing.

My starting weight was probably a little more that 165 (I had a big Christmas lunch and chose not to weigh myself after) I was 165 before the lunch. Now I am on the border between 160 and 159.5 (this is killing me). The scale goes back and forth. I will not count being into the 150's till the scale says it definitively. My goal for February is to lose 8 lbs if my body agrees with me.

my hips were 41
    now they are 34

my waiste was 31
    now it is 28

My right thigh is bigger than my left oddly enough. my left leg is 23 inches and my right leg is 24. My left leg was 24 about a week ago and my right was close to 25.

So, overall great progress. I was complaining that the scale wasn't moving but now that I am reflecting, it is moving in a very positive slow and steady way. So , anyone up for continuing? I am also doing a burning 1000 calories a day challenge for a week. Hope you guys want to join me there. I am continuing walking for sure since I absolutely loooove it.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Great job!

For me I finally shed those last few pounds and am now down to the weight I was when I stopped weight watchers. Keeping tracks of the steps keeps me moving all day. Plus I try to take a walk or bike if I can too.
  • Snuggles528
    Snuggles528 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how I would log my 10,000 steps and calories burned daily into the exercise log. Thanks.:smile: