BL Blue Team WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    okay, first of all... the people who don't use their names in their Username... what are your names?? :huh:

haha, I've been meaning to ask that.

Mine's Leigh. :flowerforyou:

Rach - your chiropractor visit sounds painful. :ohwell: I'm glad it's being paid for, though. Hope you feel better soon!!

bluebell - I hear ya on getting started. I can watch TV for half an hour and it flies by!! but... being on the elliptical for half an hour is another thing. but... I do it anyway. :drinker:

and... I need help. lol. One of my coworkers and I were walking past the breakroom. Luckily it's upstairs so I don't go in there often. She has been telling me about these peanut butter filled chocolate eggs with icing on top that someone has for sale in the breakroom to benefit their church. I told her I didn't want one. When we walked past the breakroom, she ran in and grabbed one and gave it to me! :angry: She said it's soooooo good and I should just eat it because I rarely eat any treats like that! :grumble: but... this thing is bigger than a normal egg. It's massive. I tasted it and it's delicious. Now it's sitting on my desk staring at me........ :explode:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    leigh - can you put it in the breakroom with a note that you are sharing the fantastic egg??
  • Leigh14
    Options
    leigh - can you put it in the breakroom with a note that you are sharing the fantastic egg??

I took a bite out of it. :embarassed: I guess I could cut that bit off and sneak it back upstairs! :laugh:

I just ate a whole wheat tortilla wrap with baby romaine, laughing cow cheese and some brown rice... so, I'm not really craving the pb & chocolate anymore. :bigsmile:

why do people INSIST you eat something? especially when you're trying to lose weight. and the co-worker that gave it to me is really skinny and barely ever eats anything!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Rach Im still here I just didnt lose anything again.... I have to start losing soon... I have been working out steadily now for 2 weeks straight and still nothing. :explode: I didnt see my name on the weigh in list. Sorry I forgot to send you a message.

Connie
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    hey so i guess i havent lost anything either... i am having a hard time losing right now cause i got a head injury i was hit with a softball within 2 feet and got a concussion... so i dont feel all the way better yet... but i need motivation again :(
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rach Im still here I just didnt lose anything again.... I have to start losing soon... I have been working out steadily now for 2 weeks straight and still nothing. :explode: I didnt see my name on the weigh in list. Sorry I forgot to send you a message.

Connie

Gotcha! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    hey so i guess i havent lost anything either... i am having a hard time losing right now cause i got a head injury i was hit with a softball within 2 feet and got a concussion... so i dont feel all the way better yet... but i need motivation again :(

Feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

omg! hope you're ok. i'm home since 1200. my arm is still asleep. 2 hot docs-God only knows what I said. my recovery rn said i asked her if i had gas. :laugh: :laugh: for those of you who read my thread-i smell like a sewer-it's so funny, but read it and then you'll know my paranoia.:laugh: :laugh: i have to sleep in a recliner for the rest of the week. :ohwell: Hope I can stick to my cals. thanks for your well wishes. i really appreciaye it. so you all have to work a little harder this week to cover for me and my potential wt gain/no loss this week. there. that's my 'jillian' speech.:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Aww hurley, I hope you feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Feel better Hotmom & Hurley!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hope you are all feeling better!

Happy Friday!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    omg i'm in such pain, i haven't slepy yet and the pain meds aren't helping. :cry: mt hubby has been so awesome helping all night and this am. the 16 yr old rolls her eyes-typical brat, and the 11 yr old helps during commercials. what do i do for cals eating? hyow many cause i can't move? what happened in BL cause my taping ended as they all finished the marathon? thank GOD i don't do a weigh in cause i'm drinking a ton, but sure isn't coming back out! trying to go to bed now, have a good day. do some squats for me:cry: kath
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Kath I am sorry you are feeling bad - quit worrying about the logging - just get better! My 17yo rolls her eyes everytime we talk to her. - my son is 12, our kids are really close in age.

I too missed BL this week.

GET BETTER!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    omg i'm in such pain, i haven't slepy yet and the pain meds aren't helping. :cry: mt hubby has been so awesome helping all night and this am. the 16 yr old rolls her eyes-typical brat, and the 11 yr old helps during commercials. what do i do for cals eating? hyow many cause i can't move? what happened in BL cause my taping ended as they all finished the marathon? thank GOD i don't do a weigh in cause i'm drinking a ton, but sure isn't coming back out! trying to go to bed now, have a good day. do some squats for me:cry: kath

Oh no. :frown: I hope you feel better soon!!!! And, why don't you set your calories at maintenance till you get better? That should help! Aww... :frown:

Here's a recap of the Biggest Loser that I sent to a friend on Wednesday. It starts from the beginning, but, it should be sufficient:

When the show came back on, they were still in the elimination room. Allison invited the black team in and said, "As you've learned with this game, always expect the unexpected." They were all really nervous. She said... "You're all going home this week."

So, they all got to go home. It showed their before-and-after's since coming to the show, it showed their families greeting them and it was really sweet. Everybody was so proud of them! Ron and Mike's reunion with their family was the biggest tear-jerker. Mike's brother is WAY overweight. He started bawling like a baby when his dad and brother came home.

They weren't home long when they found out they had a challenge. They each had a tin with 13 cookies in it. BIG sugar cookies. They were told they would each have to run a half marathon which is 13 miles. But, if they chose to, they could eat as many cookies as they liked and take 5 minutes (for each cookie) off of any player's final marathon time.

Whoever won would get $10,000.

Each contestant had their personal challenges, too. Ron and Mike went with their family to their favorite pizza place. The owner - I don't know what he was thinking - offered them all the pizza and cookies they wanted on the house. I thought they were going to do it. But, they both got salads! Sione went to eat seafood. He wanted the fried calamari SO bad and his mom ordered it, but he didn't eat a single bite!! Aubrey's father is WAY WAY WAY overweight (I think she said 500 pounds overweight) and she tried to talk to him about exercising and eating right... but he kept making a joke out of it and she was really sad.

All of them ran the entire 13 miles except for Ron, who made it four. But, he was very proud of himself for doing that.

When they got back to the ranch, their running times were announced. Tara was the fastest, then Sione. BUT, Helen had eaten a cookie for Tara and no one ate one for Sione. So, Sione got the $10,000. Tara was mad. She asked Helen why she did it... she asked if she thought she'd beat Sione, too. Helen said yes, but Tara said there's no way Helen was going to beat Sione, so it was silly for her to eat a cookie for Tara unless she ate one for Sione, too. They never did say who the others ate cookies for.

Next, they did their last chance workouts. Sione and Fillipe were still training with Bob (I was out of the room when this was going on, but I read it somewhere). At the weigh in, Ron lost 10 pounds!! He was proud of that, too. His son was happy, even though he's on the opposing team.

Tara only lost two pounds, but Jillian said it was because she was overtraining her body and not giving herself enough rest time.

Everyone on the black team lost weight and Kristen on the blue team gained a pound. The blue team ended up losing the weigh-in (they haven't won anything yet) and Cathy (Kristen's mom) offered herself up and said she would go home to keep her daughter there. So.. in a teary ending... Cathy went home.

I accidentally turned the TV off before I got to see what she looks like now, but I'm sure she looks fabulous!

The End. :glasses:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    hotmom - Here's to a quick recovery!! :drinker:

sanifrey - WOW! :bigsmile: Congrats on the big loss!

blue team - 20 pounds! Yay!!!!!!!!

and.. as far as words of wisdom... I've been up since 4:30 a.m., so I've got nothing. :laugh: I need to challenge myself to being good on the weekends, though! Anyone have any advice? I can tell myself I'm not going to do something because of the repercussions... but, when it comes right down to it, I do it anyway and I don't know why!!!!

Well... it's almost 6 a.m., so I better start getting ready for work. Talk to you guys soon!

GO BLUE! :flowerforyou:

ditto on all the congrats!!

I am the same way on weekends. I work hard all week and maybe go down a couple of pounds only to sabbotage myself on the weekend.
    I didn't workout as much as I would have liked to this week. Does anyone else feel like it is a losing battle trying to keep up with housework"???? ESPECIALLY laundry. Arrrrrrrrrgh. I hate socks!!!
  • dawn717
    Options
    Rach - hope your head is better. Any luck with the rental car?

:flowerforyou: Yea I finally got a rental out of the other insurance company, but I only get it 'til close of business tomorrow. :ohwell:

It really stinks to have to go through all of that!! I know how many hours you spend just trying to deal with it all. Good luck with your recovery though. I am glad to hear you can still excercise, hope the rest of you heals quickly!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Cathy looked amazing after she had gone home & best of all she was encouraging the whole family! She had two more daughters working out on the treadmill with her & they were all feeling good & really trying to make a change! They've all set goals & plan to lose more by the finale. It was nice to see!

It really made me think just how much of an influence we have on our families. For good & bad. I mean here's a family of women - all overweight - very overweight! You see it so often! The whole family is effected by the eating habits of everyone else. It really makes you stop & think about what kind of habits you're teaching your children & even your mate. I know for me, it just gives me more strength to do what I know I need to & to set that good example for my girls. I've yet to get my husband on board with losing weight, but I'm hopeful! He's at least supportive of me & eats whatever it is I cook without complaint. I just want him to be healthy too. I'm hopeful!
  • dawn717
    Options
    Can you tell that I am sitting hear and catching up?

Hotmom - I am glad you came through surgury well. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Wishing you a speedy recovery. My 18 year ol is a Jeckyll and Hyde. Sometimes sweet "love you mom" and sometimes so grumpy (usually the mornings, I try to say very little to him!)

Hurley - wow. I am glad you are ok, recover soon!!

What is with all the injuries/illnesses/bad luck??

Stay healthy everyone:smile: That's an order!:happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Update:

I had to take a half day today because I had an appointment with the chiropractor and I had to get insurance put on my bf's old mazda (windows don't stay up, spray painted graffiti and stuff on it, interior is torn to pieces, has a switch to start it because the key broke off in the ignition, leaky tire, etc).Yea it's a total piece of crap, but my rental is due back today and they won't extend it, so I need something to drive. Work allows me time off but I have to take it in 2hr incriments and I have to use vacation time if its available, so by the end of all this I probably won't be able to take a day off for the rest of '09.

Anyway, I called up and argued with the settlement guy some more today, trying to get the point across that for $1500 I cannot possibly replace my once completely reliable car, with something that will run just as well. And I can't afford a car payment with $30k and growing debt in student loans, nor should I have to, because I wasn't at fault. I'm not trying to screw anybody or milk this for all it's worth, I just want enough money to replace my car with something just as good. I've done all my research and I can't buy the same car I had for less than $2500 and those would have rust and body damage. Mine had a straight body, as well as aftermarket parts, and I would've been able to sell it for probably $3-3.5k before the wreck.

Anyway he's said he'd do some research and get ahold of me on monday, hopefully meaning I'm not giving in so he has to talk to his boss about what to offer me now. I also have to sit and come up with a number that I want as far as all my missed work and pain and suffering, etc for when they call to settle with me on that. :ohwell:

Well off to work for my half day, and then to return the rental.

Hope you all are having a better week than me! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Update:

I had to take a half day today because I had an appointment with the chiropractor and I had to get insurance put on my bf's old mazda (windows don't stay up, spray painted graffiti and stuff on it, interior is torn to pieces, has a switch to start it because the key broke off in the ignition, leaky tire, etc).Yea it's a total piece of crap, but my rental is due back today and they won't extend it, so I need something to drive. Work allows me time off but I have to take it in 2hr incriments and I have to use vacation time if its available, so by the end of all this I probably won't be able to take a day off for the rest of '09.

Anyway, I called up and argued with the settlement guy some more today, trying to get the point across that for $1500 I cannot possibly replace my once completely reliable car, with something that will run just as well. And I can't afford a car payment with $30k and growing debt in student loans, nor should I have to, because I wasn't at fault. I'm not trying to screw anybody or milk this for all it's worth, I just want enough money to replace my car with something just as good. I've done all my research and I can't buy the same car I had for less than $2500 and those would have rust and body damage. Mine had a straight body, as well as aftermarket parts, and I would've been able to sell it for probably $3-3.5k before the wreck.

Anyway he's said he'd do some research and get ahold of me on monday, hopefully meaning I'm not giving in so he has to talk to his boss about what to offer me now. I also have to sit and come up with a number that I want as far as all my missed work and pain and suffering, etc for when they call to settle with me on that. :ohwell:

Well off to work for my half day, and then to return the rental.

Hope you all are having a better week than me! :flowerforyou:

Oh you poor thing!! What crap!! We're required by law to carry car insurance but when it comes time to use it there's all these loop holes & stipulations!! It's so unfair!!
    I hope that you're at least feeling okay & that the chiropractor is helpful!
    Hopefully you'll have a good weekend!