heres a nerd topic star wars or star trek

Options
which is better star wars or star trek

Replies

• Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Star Wars. Its the theme of my wedding reception :-)

Plus, Boba Fett is the best
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I may never hear the end of this but Star Wars. Hands down.
  • KaptMorgan
    KaptMorgan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    See here's the thing with that loaded question. People will say Star Wars because that's what everyone else will say. But if you look at the quality between the two Star Trek far surpasses in that regard.

Who was better at Merchandising? Well no one can beat Star Wars. They have covered almost everything that you can think of with the Lucas Arts brand.

Star Trek for me is my favorite. It had better acting, better characters and a story line.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    To me, Star Wars. I like the story better and it's as much fantasy as sci-fi. Star Trek is 100% sci-fi and I rarely care for that genre.
  • rml_16
    Options
    See here's the thing with that loaded question. People will say Star Wars because that's what everyone else will say. But if you look at the quality between the two Star Trek far surpasses in that regard.

Who was better at Merchandising? Well no one can beat Star Wars. They have covered almost everything that you can think of with the Lucas Arts brand.

Star Trek for me is my favorite. It had better acting, better characters and a story line.

Star Wars didn't have a storyline?
  • KaptMorgan
    Options

I meant better story line.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    *Senses controversy looming.

I'll go ahead and say I lean a little more towards Star Trek for various reasons but I genuinely enjoy both.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    <--- Need I say more?!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    star-wars-gif.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

:-) That's better. lol

I can't argue with you because that's your opinion and in this case, your opinion is the only one that matters because no one can convince someone to like a movie, book, TV show, whatever that person doesn't like.

It's all opinion! lol

I enjoy Star Wars. I can watch it over and over and over, day after day. Star Trek doesn't hold my interest at all. And, to me, only my opinion counts in this scenario. ;-)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

Yoda.gif
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    star-wars-gif.gif

I was going to say Star Wars.. but then I realized people may get confused and think I meant this new crap like this =(
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Star Trek
  • KaptMorgan
    Options

I can't argue with you because that's your opinion and in this case, your opinion is the only one that matters because no one can convince someone to like a movie, book, TV show, whatever that person doesn't like.

It's all opinion! lol

I enjoy Star Wars. I can watch it over and over and over, day after day. Star Trek doesn't hold my interest at all. And, to me, only my opinion counts in this scenario. ;-)

YOU MUST CONFORM!! BE ONE WITH THE TREK SIDE!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Star Trek!

Star Trek had much more depth as a show. Also, The Empire Strikes Back was the first movie I left just mad as hell. I was young and paying for a movie that left with a cliff hanger was just wrong in my opinion.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Red shirts would say Star Wars
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    In my house, we are definitely all Star Wars people. We are also massive geeks that go to comic con every year. My friends always dress up as characters. Nothing against Star Trek. I even saw the new Star Trek movie.

We also really, really love Firefly.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    in case anyone voting for Star Wars has not seen the Bark Side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w
    might annoy your dog if you are working from home.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
  • rml_16
    Options

It's all opinion! lol

YOU MUST CONFORM!! BE ONE WITH THE TREK SIDE!

Sorry, but that doesn't work for Trekkies. You do not have The Force.