heres a nerd topic star wars or star trek

Options

Replies

• KaptMorgan
    KaptMorgan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Red shirts would say Star Wars

hahaha Thats awesome. I saw a great shirt online the other day that was a Star Trek red shirt and on the front it said "Expendable"
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Hands down... Star Wars!
    I never got into Star Trek.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Star Wars is entertaining.
    Star Trek is very nerdy. Not my cuppa.

Star Wars every time :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Star Trek hands down. Automatic hugs for all those who agree :) And those who don't enjoy playing with your light saber ;)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am a Star Wars girl .... all the way.

I've only seen a few episodes of Star Trek so I really can't comment on it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You cannot make me choose.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Star Wars...and I just found out that the Star Wars theme song was the number one song when I was born thanks to the silly little internet game that was going around a week or so ago.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Star trek hands down. Gene Rodenberry was truly a visionary. Look at all the things he envisioned back in the 1960's that didnt exist back then that are commonplace today. Dont the communicators look just like flip phones? And those sliding doors? You didnt see those in the 60's. And the electronic pad the nurse used to carry around... looks just like and Ipad... amazing....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No contest Star Trek.
    If Star Wars had stopped at Episodes 4,5 6, you might be able to argue, but the last 3 watered it down so much.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Firefly.

Because the brightest lights don't burn very long.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I could never get into Star Trek (thought I DID like the recent movie), but I love the original Star Wars (I HATE the new movies). I've grown up watching them. I joked to my fiance that it would be funny if I walked down the aisle to the Imperial March. =P
  • gerritnking
    Options
    BOTH!
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Star Wars in 1977
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    battlestar galactica.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My preference is for the classic Star Trek.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Star Wars. I have never been able to get into Star Trek ever. Sheldon (BBT) could probably give a complete cross examination as to why that makes me stupid but... Star Wars is my fav =)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Little trivia for you.. the lady who played nurse chapel on Star Trek eventually became Gene Rodenberry's wife. Its also her voice you hear when the enterprise computer talks in the original star trek and Star Trek the Next Generation.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I say Star Wars by far. From the episodes that I have watched, Star Trek is just a soap opera that takes place in space.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    K Im one of the strange ones I love them BOTH. I have been watching them and soaking in the nerdiness since I was like 6. I can quote both and collect items from both .:laugh: