heres a nerd topic star wars or star trek

Options

Replies

• dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Star Wars...no doubt about it! Can't wait to see Episode I in 3D when it comes out!!!!! :)
  • twentytwobecky
    twentytwobecky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay I was going to say both, but after reading the previous posts, I have to say Star Trek. Captain Picard is hot!!! But really, they're both great and the reason is not just beacause of the genre, but because they both imagine a better world where there is hope and heroes.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    star-wars-gif.gif

I was going to say Star Wars.. but then I realized people may get confused and think I meant this new crap like this =(

you_mad__b_tches__by_guddipoland-d3dciix.gif
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Star Wars! As long as we are talking about the original trilogy. Not that I don't love star trek, too (levar burton is so sexy), but star wars was a major part of my childhood. Also, I think alien species in star wars are more creative.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    which is better star wars or star trek

Star Wars hands down! Who doesn't love a little Yoda...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Firefly.

Because the brightest lights don't burn very long.

This was going to be my first response.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I offer an alternative...
    Firefly

Or better yet..
    Farscape
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    DS9 is the best Star Trek series...... But overall I prefer Star Wars, the original 3, in the original versions (oh plus Caravan of Courage)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ..yea...cant choose. Grew up watching Star Trek...still do..but Star Wars..I mean when it came out..it was so magnificent..

....yea....I say both...
  • Pookylou
    Options
    Little trivia for you.. the lady who played nurse chapel on Star Trek eventually became Gene Rodenberry's wife. Its also her voice you hear when the enterprise computer talks in the original star trek and Star Trek the Next Generation.

Also the only person/voice to be in every series
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Can't choose!

On another, related note, has anyone read "Wishful Drinking"? Hilarious!
  • twentytwobecky
    twentytwobecky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Little trivia for you.. the lady who played nurse chapel on Star Trek eventually became Gene Rodenberry's wife. Its also her voice you hear when the enterprise computer talks in the original star trek and Star Trek the Next Generation.

She also was Troi's mother in Star Trek the Next Generation.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Loved Star Wars ... but if I had to choose what I would like to experience, it would be Star Trek. Clearly hands down technology winners there ... one word: replicator
  • Pookylou
    Options
    I offer an alternative...
    Firefly

Or better yet..
    Farscape

Got the complete Farscape for Christmas :smile:
  • rcolve
    rcolve Posts: 7
    Options
    Before I saw Phantom Menace I was Star Wars all the way. Now I prefer STNG and DS9
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Gun to my head, Star Trek.

Because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VuIShM5kAQ
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    "Computer. Light Saber - Blue - Dual Blade"

*whirring sound*

Ah, I have a light saber! ...
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    that is a TOUGH one. Always been a big Star Wars fan, but used to also watch Star Trek, and STNG w/ my parents, religiously. Mom was a huge Trekker (not Trekkie, if you please!).

I gotta go with Star Wars though, since it's something I kind of came into on my own, and I still love quoting it. Often watched all 3 originals in a row when I was in highschool.

Han Solo is dreamy. :)
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    "Computer. Light Saber - Blue - Dual Blade"

*whirring sound*

Ah, I have a light saber! ...

OMG love it.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Star trek hands down. Gene Rodenberry was truly a visionary. Look at all the things he envisioned back in the 1960's that didnt exist back then that are commonplace today. Dont the communicators look just like flip phones? And those sliding doors? You didnt see those in the 60's. And the electronic pad the nurse used to carry around... looks just like and Ipad... amazing....

My thought exactly! Definately Star Trek had more to it than fluff and pure entertainment for focused groups. The story in star wars is ok, but it lacked the vision...looks more like a money maker than Star Trek, which seems researched a lot more. So, IMO, Star Trek all the way.