ladies, how much did you weight at...

Options

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My mum and I look roughly the same size and our measurements are similar (other than that I'm 2" taller than her), but in a size 14 (UK) I'm 160-170lbs and she's 130-135lbs!
  • LibLadyB
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 8, at size 14 I was about 185.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im 5 '5".. Sometimes get measured at at 5'4".. LOL
    I can wear a size 14, (zip up and button) at about 180 lbs... and then at about 170, they fit comfortable, and around 165lbs they start getting baggy on the legs.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", just over 200 lbs, and I can *just* fit into a 14, depending on the cut. I don't have much of a waist, though. I'm more or less a rectangle once you get past my boobs, so I can fit into slimmer bottoms for my weight.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 232 uk size 26. Tops 26/28 if had buttons but I was a 38 L bust!

Now 188ish size 14 trousers about 18/20 top.

Never worn any adult clothes smaller than 14. Kinda freaks me out a little wondering what size I could wear at goal.
    I'd be happy in a 12, not convinced hips would allow for anything smaller!
  • Horseyrider
    Options
    Manufacturers have messed with the sizes so much it's hard to use the number as a measuring stick. I've never been a 14, but I have a coat I bought years ago that was a size 10. Princess cut, beautiful gray tweed, and I weighed 120. Now my jeans are a size 8 and I'm 154.

I'm 5'3", btw.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have been in a size 14 when my weight has varied between 170-198.
    198 is when I said, pants are too loose-gotta lose weight!
    170 I still did not quite fit into most 12's due to my large thighs & butt, so i continued to wear my 14's.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5"4", and i was in a 14 at about 185 lbs. I'm currently 160 and in a size 8.

This kind of confuses me too.. I just got into 16's just before Xmas at around 145lbs. I've got one pair of 14 jog pants and I can get in them but still feel there a little tight around the tummy and I'm now 141lbs. I reckon I need another few inches off tummy before I woud get in size 14 trousers and Jeans so haven't bought any more yet (UK sizes) ... I'm not too far off my goal and hoping 14's would fit comfortably at about 130lbs.

I'm 5 ft 3 and half and all my weight was around my tummy. ...I just can't get how someone else a similar height can get in size 8 at 160lbs when I'm only about 140 and still not quite comfy in a 14? ...does it depend where all your weight was or how long or short your upper or lower body is or something?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9

180-I was wearing between a 8-10
    160-I was beginning to wear 6-8
    150-I'm wearing between a 4-6

All depends on body type.
  • TimeToDoMe87
    Options
    body proportions have a lot to do with it. my sister who is 5 ft 7 and weighs about 140 fits into my size 11 pants just fine and i am 5 ft 3 and weigh 170 but she has a big butt and thighs that fill it up i have the bigger tummy I guess.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I was 170-175 in a 14. I'm 160 now and I'm a 12.

It definitely depends on body type, body fat and also manufacturers.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am mostly in 12s now at 165. 14s weren't very long ago; I'd say I first could fit into them around 175.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and was a size fourteen around 190ish. My mom is 5'4 though and a size fourteen at 160... we are just built completely different with very different body shapes. Everyone carries their weight differently too.

I'm 160 now though (hit my goal weight!) and just fit into a pair of size eight pants last night! :laugh:
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that I'm 5'10 and 228 and I where a 16 though :)

OP: Yup, somehow just depends on body makeup/style. I'm at nearly 190 and my worn-in 18s don't feel like they're loose enough to size down. However, a friend of mine is a good 75 pounds heavier, but only one jean size larger. It doesn't make logical sense. Sigh.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 212 and I wear a16....
  • cafeldmann
    cafeldmann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 14; I'm 5' 9" and I weigh 201.

Interesting how much it varies! I'm 5'9", I weigh 190, and I wear a size 16. 175-ish would probably be a 14 for me. I have a friend who is 5'10", weighs 189, and she is probably wearing a 10-12.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    First off ill apologize because i know this is a womans topic but wanted to put my 2cents into this. Everyone's body handles weight differently then others. Some carry them in their butts, hips, thighs while others carry it in their chest and stomach or its spread out evenly.

When I use to tell people that i was 295-300 everyone was amazed. Though I was not humongous I did not look like a 300 pound man. Everyone always guessed 240 which is my current weight. Also watching the biggest loser there were guys who weighted 250 or under who looked very big while I was 300 and looked half their size. I think that image kinda kept me from working out because I noticed that hey I can be 300lbs but not look that big. Im glad I didn't keep that mind frame and lost the weight.

So it does depend on your bodies make up.....like a fingerprint everyone is different with weight
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I AM 5-9 AND AT A SIZE FOR I WAS A LITTLE OVER 200
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I was about 180-185. I'm 5'3.

Same for me, also 5'3.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 180. 16's are loose and 14's are a little snug until I break them in. Some people carry their weight in their thighs and some in their stomach. I carry in my thighs more than my stomach so different pants fit differently. Different brands even run different.