Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    170-175 5' 8" and size 8 & 10
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and at 160lbs I wear a size 10-12, though mostly 10. When I was 120 I wore a size 7 and could almost squeeze into a size 4. Meanwhile, other girls my height could wear smaller pants at the same weight. Apparently I have more hips than some girls. It all depends on body type/style of clothing.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 187 and I wear a 14 but I'm 5'9" with 38 DDD boobs soooo it's kinda not fair to draw an accurate conclusion based on weight alone.
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    It is all about your shape and muscles, not so much the number on the scale.
    I'm 5' 4" and pear shaped (smaller midsection, but large hips and legs)

Between 200 - 120, I wore a size 16
    I skipped size 14 during my weight loss (I used a belt to hold up my size 16s until I could squeeze into a 12)
    I wore a 12 between 170-190
    skipped size 10
    I wore a size 8 between 155-165
    I now weigh 140 (+/-) and wear between 4 and 6. I HONESTLY thought that when I weighed 145, I would just be fitting into a size 8. But, as you can see from my experience and the previous posters, it REALLY varies
    (also the brand and cut of the material makes a difference)

Happy losing!
  • samantha196
    Options
    I weigh 196 and my most favorite jeans are a size 14. They fit me perfectly. But in every other jean I need a 16/18.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Size: 14
    Weight: 196-184
    Body type: Ruler

At 196lbs a size 14 fit just right now at 184 it's lose but I don't get a muffin top. I've tried a size 12 and it gives me a muffin top. So I rather have my pants sagging at my butt then to have a muffin top:grumble:

Pant sizes are going to have A LOT to do with what type of body one has. When I was 144lbs I could wear a size 7 or nine and not be sagging at the back or muffin top.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You say they were old clothes, right? Could it be that they are sized differently. Clothing companies are more 'generous' with their sizing now so an old 14 is like today's 8. It's called vanity sizing.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I fit in it now, and I am currently 171. But I also fit in it at 178
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 165 and I am 5'3"and I wear a size 14
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body type/build. I, for example, am about the same height as my mom. Yet, I can weigh 10-15lbs more than her, but wear one or two sizes smaller. That's because I tend to carry alot of muscle mass, I have a thicker bone structure, and I am more evenly proportioned than she is. Therefore, my heavier bodyweight actually takes up less volume than hers does because muscle and bone are more dense than fat. Think about the difference between a five pound brick and five pounds of feathers. They weigh the same amount, but the feathers take up far more volume because they are not as dense as a brick. Make sense?
  • blessmy5
    Options
    Muscle makes a huge difference also. My neice is training for the Officers Canidate School with the Marines and is BUFF. She is 5'6", wears a size 2 and is 160 pounds of all muscle...
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    ....don't forget. Age matters. You have more muscle mass than your mom. And maybe slightly denser bones. Because you're young! All things being equal.

Don't worry about comparing sizes and weights with others.
  • PWanks
    PWanks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh 148 and I wear a size 8. Oh and I'm 5'4.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 220-240. I'm 5'10.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I am 5'6"/5'7" ish and I wear a size 12 at 165....a 14 all the way up to 195!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" or so and I weigh 177.5 and wear a 14 :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm a size fourteen now at 185lbs. Everyone is different.
  • evespich
    evespich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-1804-body-shape.htm#img

On this website you can put your weight, height, pant size what every you want and it comes up with real people that are the same as you. This gave me a look at how different people can look when their height and weight is the exact same!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I wore a size 14 when I was 195lbs.
  • josaf
    josaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", an hour glass shape, and at size 14, I was 190-203 lb, a 32 waist (waist measurement, not pant size) and a 44 hip.