Anyone else a cereal addict?

Options
124»

Replies

• kjanoudi
    Options
    bump...just found out i've been severely underestimating how much a serving size is of cereal..using a scale instead of a measuring cup seems to change the game entirely
  • JayRod2519
    JayRod2519 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump...just found out i've been severely underestimating how much a serving size is of cereal..using a scale instead of a measuring cup seems to change the game entirely

I use a measuring cup. What has led you to believe that a measuring cup isn't sufficient? Just wondering, because I could eat cereal every night for a snack, but I try really hard to just eat it twice, maybe 3 times per week.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love cereal. I have eaten a whole box on several occasions lol. My current favorite right now is the new peanut butter toast crunch. All time favorite is special k red berries. Puts a smile on my face when I eat it. Its that dam good haha.
  • kjanoudi
    Options

I use a measuring cup. What has led you to believe that a measuring cup isn't sufficient? Just wondering, because I could eat cereal every night for a snack, but I try really hard to just eat it twice, maybe 3 times per week.

Not sure, but i measured out a bowl to be about 1.5 cups for raisin bran, but by weight it came out to about 2.25, which can add up, especially at 200 cal/cup!

I'm trying to find less easy-to-overeat alternatives :)
  • Rodap9631
    Rodap9631 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I could eat cereal 3 times a day too!!!!!!!!

I sometimes do eat cereal 3 times a day. If you call oats/porridge cereal (& sometimes vogels cluster crunch), I eat it with sultanas / goji berries, raw mangoes cut up etc etc. I've been doing youtubes durianrider foods (vegan). Ie: unlimited carbs and sugars and low fats. Seems to work as I'm eating more then ever and not gaining / going above my ideal weight in any case. So the carbs aren't a problem.