What size pants do you wear?

Options

Replies

• lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 130lbs, I typically wear a size 2 but sometimes a zero or 4 depending on the brand ( I started at 211 and size 16 a little over a year ago)

Do you have a very small frame? I think that has alot to do with it too, no matter how much fat you lose, your bone structure will then determine what size you wear.

Not really. According to those body frame tests I am on the low end of a medium frame. My measurements are a very evenly proportioned hourglass. I do think my body fat is quite low from all of the lifting and cardio that I do. It still blows my mind! I never thought I would wear smaller than a size 8. It is interesting what a range of sizes there can be for someone of the same weigh and height, body composition definitely plays a big role.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    5'2, 106 lbs I wear anywhere from a 0-2. I tend to guess people are much smaller/weigh less than they actually do!
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 108/109 lbs and I'm generally a 0-1.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    145 5'5" size four
    For some reason, even though I can wear the same pants at my "skinny" friends, I still feel huge in comparison. Does anyone else have that problem?

ok this is me exactly. body image problems on this end. not completely use to my body yet. always been bigger and now since im maintaining and its no issue eating right and exercising, i still feel big sometimes. can completely relate
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm at 167.6 and I wear a 12-14 in Levi's
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh 147 and I wear a size 10 but I lost six pounds and my pants are big now. I bet I will be in an 8 very shortly. I understand every ten pounds you lose equates to one size!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'2", ~116lbs, and all my jeans are different! Seven for All Mankind: 25, BDG: 25, Hudson: 26, Joe's: 26, Gap: 2
  • areumdawn
    areumdawn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 124 lbs. I wear a size 3. I used to wear size 9 when I was 145. I tried on size 1 skinnies for giggles and it wouldn't get past my size 10 feet :P
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    5'3
    size 10

started at 237 and size 20/22 (I think. It's been too long and I dont' want to go back there!)
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I think once the water weight goes away I'm going to be back down to 135. I'm 5'2.5" and I wear a size 4.

It goes to prove that it's about your shape - I'm the same height 5 foot 2.5 inches and weigh 115 and wear a size 4 short.
  • yoli_bee
    Options
    5'6", 140 lbs. size 6/8.
  • KoriS
    KoriS Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 183 # and I wear size 16. Was previously up to 209# & size 18 was getting too tight. I think my size would be smaller if it werent' for my gut/spare tire....sometimes I think it's the only thing holding my pants up!! :)
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to see the different sizes people wear with height and weight. I'm 5'2 118-121 and wear a size 4.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    145 5'5" size four
    For some reason, even though I can wear the same pants at my "skinny" friends, I still feel huge in comparison. Does anyone else have that problem?

ok this is me exactly. body image problems on this end. not completely use to my body yet. always been bigger and now since im maintaining and its no issue eating right and exercising, i still feel big sometimes. can completely relate

Me too! Even though I'm a size 4, I still feel huge. I think it's because I carry most of my weight in my waist, I can't wait for the day I feel comfortable in a bikini.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1'' currently at 130 lbs and I am wearing size 5 jeans from Garage (I like Garage jeans because they fit my bum tehe)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    145 5'5" size four

Me too! Even though I'm a size 4, I still feel huge. I think it's because I carry most of my weight in my waist, I can't wait for the day I feel comfortable in a bikini.

same here. and same on my waist. im not sure if the swimsuit thing will happen let alone a bikini. im working on feeling comfortable in a swimsuit, and hopefully with continuing my zumba that fat will go somewhat away on my waist.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    5'2", 148#, size 4/6
    two years ago, size 16, 189#
    I have a large frame and am very muscular.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in the fashion industry doing fits, I can assure you that the number in your pants mean absolutely nothing! Vanity sizing is in every store. If you want to know your true size, look at a sewing pattern, those measures and numbers have never changed. You'll notice that chain stores sizes run much bigger than expensive, or European brands. For example, you'll be a size 6 at Gap, but a size 10 at Zara or Mango. You know how people say that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12? She was, but in today's sizes, she'd be a size 6.
    I can also attest that, depending on the season, the size, fit and overall shapes of garments will change within the same brand. I sometimes get emails from stores asking that last season's size Large now becomes a size Medium. So, what we do is take all the fits with size Large, and get the manufacturers to stick a size Medium tag in there.
    Don't get hung up on the number on the label, it really doesn't mean much :)

Very Interesting! And explains a lot.... XD

I don't get hung up on jean size, but for the original question, I am 5.5", 132lbs, and size 4-6
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I weigh around 138 pounds. I wear a size 8 jeans in most brands. I don't like jeans a lot because I have some hips and they don't quite fit in the brands like American Eagle or Abercrombie. I am looking for suggestions about wearing jeans for people with a bit bigger *kitten*. I am also looking to loose 20 pounds but I am so bad at motivating myself to exercise.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    145 5'5" size four

Me!! I was listening to some commercial the other day about a lady that lost a lot of weight and was now a *gasp* size 4!
    It felt weird that her "skinny" is my same jean size, but I still feel like a fatty most of the time.

Just yesterday my brother called me a "stick" and I was all 0,o "Whut?"