Size 16 to size 2 in 14 months

Options
lunalulu2
lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
I am 5'7" and started my journey in September 2010 at 210 lbs and wearing a size 16. In November 2011 I met my ultimate goal of 130 lbs. It was a long road but I actually enjoyed it once I got started. After posting about going from size 16 to size 2 in the topic on pants size I realized that a lot of people were interested in my story.

I lost the first half by just changing my eating habits, cutting down on junk, only eating meat once per week and exercising.

I joined this site in March of 2011. I began eating 1200 net calories but always ate back all of my exercise calories so I was typically consuming around 2000 calories per day. I never felt deprived. We continued to only meat once per week on average and focused on eating whole foods. I cut out 95% of the processed foods in my diet. I still ate things like light ice cream every night but cut down on portion sizes. I also had a weekly treat meal throughout my weight loss but I exercised more to make up for it. I also was very diligent about sticking to my calorie goal and probably only went over once or twice during the weight loss phase. I was losing 1.5-2lbs most weeks although there were some weeks where I lost less and some where I lost more. I was lucky to never plateau and I think a lot of that was due to being so consistent with my calories and varying up my exercise routine.

I run, cycle, and do lots of exercise videos primarily kickboxing. I really think cycling was a large part of why I was so successful. Over a year I worked up to riding 80-100 miles per week. Cycling long distances is an awesome calorie burn which allowed me to still eat things I love like steak and giant baked potatoes. I also think strength training is a key component to meeting weight loss goals. I do full body circuit training with heavy weights 3 days per week. The strength training has made a huge difference in my measurements. I think it is the primary reason I can wear such a small size.

I have been maintaining since mid November using this site. I am still working out my calorie goal but I have managed to maintain a 2 lb range even through the holidays. I am currently consuming around 2300 calories most days but continue to exercise 7 days per week. Exercise has become so a major part of my life that I feel yucky if I miss a day.

I do still have some body image issues and some loose skin that may never go away. I have realized I may never the ideal abs but I am working on accepting my body the way it is and realizing that no one is perfect. What matters most is good health and a positive attitude. I plan to continue working on building muscle and staying fit.

Thanks for reading my story. I have changed my life for the better and so can you!

I do not know how to include pics on here so I have provided the link to the photobucket album showing my weight loss journey.

http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u459/lunalulu2/?albumview=slideshow

Replies

• LittleMissRamejkis
    LittleMissRamejkis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Brillaint success story, well done ! My goal is 130lb too ! So have you eaten your exercise calories most days?

I can't see the pics but I am proud of you anyway, well done & keep up the good work xx
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a great motivation!!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :bigsmile:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look incredible and I dont see any loose skin!! Be proud you worked hard for it!!!!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wow! thats a fantastic transformation. well done!
  • knelson422
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing. Great job!!!
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    CONGRATS Great job and thanks for sharing
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congrats, all your hard work has really paid off, you look great!
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    AWESOME accomplishment!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. It is so refreshing to see a lady be successful and 1) not deprive/starve themselves 2) emphasize strength training. You are a great example for us all. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisabeach175
    Options
    congratulations on meeting your goal weight and keeping it off thru thanksgiving, christmas and new year!!! Way to go!!
  • stonea22
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    What a transformation! Congrats on meeting your goals.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    gorgeous strong body!
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. It is so refreshing to see a lady be successful and 1) not deprive/starve themselves 2) emphasize strength training. You are a great example for us all. Way to go! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much what a great compliment! I am more proud of muscles than my weight loss hehe.
  • Star316316
    Options
    This was awesome to read... I started in Sept 2011 weighing 263 ans now I'm at 209.... Trying to lose about 30 more pounds ans then see what I'm looking like then. So. Is it better to lose the weight and after tone? Or so at the same time?
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You are stunning! I love your story and I think you are proof that eating back your exercise calories is smart!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!