Losing It and Your Partner

Options
13»

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My husband has been my number one encourager. He cooks (used to be super unhealthy); but now he cooks healthy for me. Between me not buying the junk I used to and him cooking healthy, he has lost weight. He was maybe 10-20 lbs. overweight before. He's been getting more compliments on his weight loss lately, asking how he did it. He just points at me-lol

Haha that reminds me a little of us! When people compliment him (mainly my friends who haven't seen him in weeks/months I say "I made that haha!!!"

What does scare me though is what would have happened if I hadn't decided to make the change.... How long would it have taken us to do something? We'd both be more unfit and unhealthy today.....
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought you meant that you were losing weight and your partner. I'm glad to see that's not the case.
  • afull416
    afull416 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Right now my boyfriend isn't having anything to do with my weight loss. But I do hope wants I start losing weight he will want to as well.
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...my husband works long hours as a cook and is thin but has the belly. I have tried to get him into the gym with me and he hates it. Jon use to play sports growing up but never liked the gym and I really think it would be good for him to strengh train. It's so good for feeling good and giving you energy....men....what can you do!!! :) Good luck with yours....I did get mine to agree to bike riding in the spring and summer. I just think he hates the idea of the gym but likes walking and doing outside things. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!