Replies

• 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, you look amazing :)
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How wonderful...Great accomplishment especially in that time frame...

Thank you!!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look great. What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • afiraz
    afiraz Posts: 19
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    wow, great job :) Good luck on the rest of your journey :)
  • jwaltz13
    Options
    Wow!! :noway: you look like a different person!!! Great job, congratulations!! :drinker:
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing so well. How were you able to ween yourself off sugar? I have been struggling with this.

Thank you. There is no easy to way to stop consuming sugar. You have to just go for it, and suffer through the first 48 hours, while you're body "detoxes" you will have cravings and feel extra hungry. Once the sugar is out of your system it gets much much easier. You have to look for hidden sugars. They are in EVERYTHING. If it has more than 1g of sugar in it, don't consume it. Even sugar free coffee creamer, has some sugars in it. Even sugar free gum, has some sugars in it. You have to really stick to a certain list of all natural, non preservative type foods. There are sugars in everything but if you pay close enough attention, and commit to it, it gets much easier. I never felt better than when I quit eating sugars and carbs. Replace them with FIBER and PROTEIN and you're good to go.

That's wonderful! So what are some things that you enjoy eating?
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    wow, congratulations hun. it takes hard work, we all can confirm that, and you have proved it.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    ahhhhhh.....you look amazing!!!! congrats on a fabulous journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mknmoves
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I have similar goals, but am only a month into this. Thanks for the inspiration and tips!
  • SerenityKorin
    SerenityKorin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! You look really great. I bet you feel awesome!
  • annputation23
    Options
    Wow!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing so well. How were you able to ween yourself off sugar? I have been struggling with this.

Thank you. There is no easy to way to stop consuming sugar. You have to just go for it, and suffer through the first 48 hours, while you're body "detoxes" you will have cravings and feel extra hungry. Once the sugar is out of your system it gets much much easier. You have to look for hidden sugars. They are in EVERYTHING. If it has more than 1g of sugar in it, don't consume it. Even sugar free coffee creamer, has some sugars in it. Even sugar free gum, has some sugars in it. You have to really stick to a certain list of all natural, non preservative type foods. There are sugars in everything but if you pay close enough attention, and commit to it, it gets much easier. I never felt better than when I quit eating sugars and carbs. Replace them with FIBER and PROTEIN and you're good to go.

That's wonderful! So what are some things that you enjoy eating?

I am now eating some sugars again, slowly adding them back. If it has less than 4 grams of sugar per serving I'll go ahead and eat it. You want to not just look at the grams of sugar, but read the list of ingredients at the bottom. If it says Sugar, or fructose, or anything that you know to be an added sugar, than its probably best to stay away. (some added sugars are ok, depends how intense you want to take the "no sugar" thing) Anyways, some foods have natural sugars in them, so if it says 5 grams of sugar, but has no added sugar in the ingredients, then it's likely ok to eat. It really just depends.

Some foods I like to eat are: Sauteed onions and mushrooms (put them in or on any kind of meat). Chicken breasts. Tuna. Broccoli. Turkey bacon. Tomatoes. Avocados. Gala Apples. (watch eating fruits, LOTS of them have high sugars and carbs, but they are still very good for you. But I mostly stick with apples). Turkey. Melba toast. Walden Farms salad dressings (no calories, but some of them taste funky. Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette and Creamy Bacon are the best kinds). Lean steaks, celery, natural peanut butter, eggs, protein shakes, salads (baby spinach, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, seasoned chicken breast... YUM)

That's basically it. I eat other things from time to time too. I can't think of what else right now. It really is a matter of finding what works best for you. I lost 25 lbs eating a little of ANYTHING just smaller portions and calorie counting. Then I did the no carbs, no dairy, no oils, no sugars, no starches and lost 33 lbs. So... really either way works!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!