THE Team ~ Week 7~ March 20th - 26th

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for your prayers.. We still haven't heard anything yet.. We are all just kind of numb right now..

I need to think about something else so here I am...

Sheila my husband is bringing in my tanning bed .. he bought it a few weeks ago and has been in the garage since.. i've been trying to make him sell it but he says not yet.. So I guess I might use it..
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for your prayers.. We still haven't heard anything yet.. We are all just kind of numb right now..

I need to think about something else so here I am...

Sheila my husband is bringing in my tanning bed .. he bought it a few weeks ago and has been in the garage since.. i've been trying to make him sell it but he says not yet.. So I guess I might use it..

LOL well if you got it use it !!!! I wish I had one of my own I wouldnt mine tanning nude... I just hate laying in them beds... so I have just been going to the stand up ones.. Do they really clean them after everyone uses them?? I am just trying to get some kind of base tan before our vacation if not I am going to be fried like Lobster and then I will be miserable and in pain... and we dont want that... the other day the girl switch my time to 12 minutes and i burned now today i went in for 8 minutes and it dont look any different??? and the only thing bad about the stand up is with being over weight my fat rolls they drive me crazy... well enough of my tanning issues.. LOL

I am thinking about eating pizza for dinner... bad bad bad I know... but there is nothing to cook that is fast.. and I am hungry now.... but it will still take 45 minutes for the dang pizza to get here... omg why did I wait so darn long to decide... I never do that...grrrrrrrrrrrrr.. did you hear my belly.... well I better do something quick...

Sheila
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    lulu, if you send me an email with your mailing address, I'll get Tom T to autograph something for you(if you want!)

I'm thinking about grilling some tuna steaks tonight, but I'm not sure what goes well as a side dish with this. Any ideas???

I'm giddy like a little girl! I had such a crush when I was young... I'll be emailing you.

For a side with the tuna steaks, I do roasted potatos with a little dill and some Lowrys (no salt) - I scrub the taters (one each for my and hubs), cut them into 8ths (wedges), put them in a bowl, pour about a teaspoon of olive oil over, sprinkle with Lowrey's (or Tony Chachiere's - or any mixed seasoning), and then sprinkle a fingertip full of dried dill in. Stir well, spread on cookie sheet, bake 10 minutes at 375%, turn, bake 10 - 15 more minutes til they are as brown as I want. numanumanum:bigsmile: I also like green stuff with my tuna, like brussels sprouts or spinach, or mustard greens - Man, I'm coming to your place for dinner!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I did get to the gym today and do a full workout, so I'm happy about that. I'm a bit stiff and sore but not too bad.. hoping that dang hip stays in place. Did I happen to mention what the chiro said? He did full xrays and said I have pretty advanced arthritis in my neck for my age... I'm 44... I'm like, what? I've never injured or had a problem with my neck. I'm going to stop getting xrays, every single part of my body that has been xrayed in the past 5 years they've all said the same thing "You've got pretty bad arthritis there for your age." Funny thing is, the only thing that bothers me is the "college knee injury" and the hip (which was a lesson in don't pick up a 100 pound monitor and turn sideways, LOL). I know, maybe those dang xrays are causing the arthritis! It's a conspiracy!!
  • swignal
    Options
    I did get to the gym today and do a full workout, so I'm happy about that. I'm a bit stiff and sore but not too bad.. hoping that dang hip stays in place. Did I happen to mention what the chiro said? He did full xrays and said I have pretty advanced arthritis in my neck for my age... I'm 44... I'm like, what? I've never injured or had a problem with my neck. I'm going to stop getting xrays, every single part of my body that has been xrayed in the past 5 years they've all said the same thing "You've got pretty bad arthritis there for your age." Funny thing is, the only thing that bothers me is the "college knee injury" and the hip (which was a lesson in don't pick up a 100 pound monitor and turn sideways, LOL). I know, maybe those dang xrays are causing the arthritis! It's a conspiracy!!

LoL he is prob the same dr who said I had a growth hormone defficancy and I wouldnt be able to lose weight like a normal person.. but Look at me go.. LOL.. well good luck with all your arthritis.... I also have that in my lower back.. man I cant even count on one hand everything the dr has told me that I have... sometimes I think they are trying to give me more stuff just to be giving me it...????

well Team you will be happy to know I didnt eat pizza for dinner .. I ended up cooking chicken breast with steamed brussel sprouts cottage cheese apple sauce and a little bit of rice... much better then pizza..
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    :brokenheart: Anita - my heart goes out to you. I'm in tears reading your post and sensing your pain. I believe God is really in control of all things and knows what is best. Prayers for you and your family.

:cry: Workouts seem so insignificant sometimes. Anyway, I am proud of myself for adding 8 laps to my total in the pool today. Tried those intervals again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    hm lookie what songbyrdsweet says. She's our Resident
    Exercise, Sport and Health Education/Exercise and Sport Studies (Senior Year) Expert

from this thread today:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46662-owieowieowie?page=1#posts-492720
    ...one of the girls in my classes says I'm looking skinnier. I'm not sure if I like the word 'skinny', but I do like the thought that I look leaner. She said I used to be sort of bulky. I have noticed that all my pants are huuuuuge, whereas they used to be really tight. I've only lost a couple pounds...just goes to show that the scale isn't everything.

I know, I need to find another "Mission"
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Mmm I made beet borscht for dinner, yum! So healthy and low cal too!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ughhh what a day! Woke up this am to adopt4 calling to go to the gym. Good thing too cuz It was already 9am and I was sound asleep! Guess I needed to catch up on some zzzz's. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 on the treadmill. Came home and finished painting around all the edges of the cieling in the downstairs. What a pain in the butt, back, arms, legs.. LOL We repainted about 2 months ago and I just now got around to putting the finishing touches around the edges. The hardest part was in the kitchen above the cabinets.. theres only about a foot of space and I had to crawl up the ladder and still couldnt reach it so I ended up standing, stooped over on the counter to get to certain spots. Lemme say, that is a job and a half when your trying keep from spilling paint.. LOL Once I was done painting I took a trip to JoAnnes with Shelby. She had to get some stuff to make a t-shirt for a homework project. Got home, did dinner, then just as I sat down the phone rang and it was a lady that wanted to buy my 55 gal aquarium stand & tank setup I had on craigslist. So...I JUST sat down after helping her squeeze it into her PT Cruiser.. LOL.. THAT too was an interesting experience!

Now Im parked....in my recliner... waiting for hubby to sign into yahoo messenger so I can chat with him before I go crawl into bed.

Nita, I too am praying for your family and the baby. My heart goes out to you all.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    healthymom - good job on the extra laps! What sort of intervals are you doing?

cmr - 2 things: first, I'm a little concerned about what you are doing with your cats. You've got one in a jar and one in a bag. What's going on at your place exactly???:huh: Second, how the heck are ya? You exercising? Eating well? Diving? Jumping in the Sound?

Chanty - I don't know what borscht is?!? It sounds like you got something caught in your throat:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: But I love beets, mmmmmm is right!

Adopt4 - that stinks about the arthritis - (I have it too) - I am betting though that as we become healthier and lighter we will see improvement! I just know it! I've been doing some reading and am trying to find ways to make my diet more beneficial to bone/joint health. I'll let you know when I find any pearls worth sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I was bored, so I thought I would play with the pics I took a couple days ago....

as requested... pics of my crooked and prettified piggies!
    miscme001-1.jpg

Your turn to show us that new hair nita!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Li4g, you DO have some funky toes. But pretty, as you pointed out. The more I look at them, the more they facinate. I am betting they could have a hobby of their own. They look clever. And, nimble. I am so right handed my left hand might as well run for congress, cuz it can't do anything useful. But I believe your toes could probably a number of interesting things without much training. Knitting. Guitar playing. Origami. Well, origami might be a stretch.

Adopt4, sorry about the arthritis. I have it too, both knees. Keep movin' is the best cure. I have been really frustrated lately because I have something going on with my neck/shoulder. I thought I just slept on it wrong, but it is still painful two weeks later. It makes it hard to exercise, like I need another excuse! :grumble: :grumble: I already need you or Sheila to come and roust me out of bed to get my butt (and the rest of me) going!

Hey, look!!! There's Elvis! elvis17.gif
    Ok, adopt4 and Anita, I have created a distraction with Elvis. Have you been avoiding the scales? I have, but its pretty dang hard! Oops, they are coming back! Follow my lead. Look nonchalant. :glasses:

Ahem... Lulu, I was wondering the same thing about cm's cats! :noway: At least the one in the bag has a hole to see through. The one in the jar... that's just not right!.

Chanty, its about time for another receipe from you. I thought of you today as I was buying veggies. I got really carried away and bought some Kale. :sick: I may have over extended myself, but I felt pretty virtuous at the time!

Zano, I like the idea of any challenge. I am still struggling with the exercise one. :ohwell: I am going to get it done, however! I am hoping for floor pics, too. What kind of product did they use? I need to do my floors, too. When I bought this house, about ten years ago, I wanted to re-do the kitchen floor. Its a farily small space. I had a friend that had just salvaged the gym floor in an old church that was being torn down. So, he had some wood left over, and I was able to get enough to put in my kitchen. It is 3/4 inch maple. Beautiful, but needs a new finish. I am thinking I want to go with a little more gloss.... Anyway, hope you love your floor, and it looks great!

Well, everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

scale.jpg Kristi
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    cmr - 2 things: first, I'm a little concerned about what you are doing with your cats. You've got one in a jar and one in a bag. What's going on at your place exactly??? Second, how the heck are ya? You exercising? Eating well? Diving? Jumping in the Sound?

wuwu,

bunny.jpg

That about covers it.
  • chantybear
    Options
    Lulu - Borscht is a beet vegetable soup, usually served with a dallop of sour cream on top. It is very good!

Kristi - I love kale...

Kale Salad:
    1 bunch kale cut into small pieces
    Pine Nuts
    Dried Cranberries

Vinaigrette:
    Lemon Juice
    Olive oil
    Salt + Pepper

Can be stored mixed together in fridge for about 4 days, or w.e

I did not put quantities, because I adapted the recipe from the whole foods market, and just taste test as I make it. It makes a big salad so a little extra olive oil is fine to use in this. Do not use too much lemon juice....!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Hope everyone has a good day. Lots more school work for me! Well better get on that....talk to everyone later.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Kristi...

My toes ARE talented! I pick stuff up with them all the time. That pic makes them look even more funky than they are. It was hard to get a pic of my toes while standing without leaning forward a bit with the camera, which made them spread out. hehehe Im just happy that I can look down and see them now without my belly being in the way. I remember telling Adopt4 when I started this that I couldnt wait to see my toes without having the bend. I have my dads feet....very long, wide and flat not to mention toes that curve under. Its a funny combination! My oldest has my feet, only her toes are even longer than mine. When she was a baby we called her monkey toes because she would grab onto stuff with her feet. Yep... very talented toes indeed :laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I compleatly overslept.. I forgot I had to work today :grumble: :grumble: .. I am not off till Friday. Now I have to exercise tonight and I hate that. But oh well. I might just do 30 mins on the treadmill and some crunches.. Something light...

Lulu I am avoiding the scale. It's hidden from me.. I can't wait till Friday to weigh myself.. See if I've lost anything at all. I hope so.. I am losing inches, I have not one pair of pants that fit me correctly or that even come close to being tight...Oh well.. I enjoy complaining about that..

Everyone else, hello and good morning.. And Kristi and CM thanks for your messages.. We still have no news.. I think mom and dad are needing sometime to themselves with baby Kole.. But as soon as I know something I will let you all know...

Have a fantastic day...

Anita
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone! Dinner last night was FANTASTIC!! I found a recipe on allrecipes.com for a marinade, and then grilled some tuna. It turned out perfectly! I decided to steam some vegetables for a side, and did a mixture of broccoli, asparagus, carrots, and yellow squash. MMMMM, it was super duper good!

Also, I went to my first ever Zumba class last night, and I highly recommend it. Initially, I was like a fish out of water, and am sure I looked as uncoordinated as I felt! :laugh: But eventually I got the hang of it, and the most important thing was that I didn't stop moving for an hour. I'm way beyond sore this morning, but I welcome that kind of soreness...I always joke that the only time I know I have a muscle is when it hurts! LOL It was so much fun, and my instructor was great. They really try and show you several alternate moves, so if one hurts, do another. It worked out perfectly for me, and I had minimal knee pains-hallelujah!! I also met lots of nice people, which is always a plus! I told my husband that I was going to a dance class, and wanted him to go to the gym as well(but I meant that maybe he could work out while I had my class)...but he decided to stay home. He did ask me if it was the type of class that I needed a partner for, because he didn't want to leave me without one. Perhaps I should have fibbed and said yes...that would have been funny! :devil:

Lulu, you'll be ever so happy and giddy like a school girl to know that I've had Tom T sign some goodies for you!
  • swignal
    Options
    sorry kristi, I have been locked in my room trying to go through the junk drawers cuz we are moving a week from friday and I havent packed nothing... but today I locked myself in and I threw a whole bunch of crap out but now I can lift the bag it is to heavy!! but hubby will be proud when he comes home from work...

Now I need to get ready for the gym I need to be there by 2 and then I have water areobics at 4:30 so I wont be home until 6:30 so then I will have to clean up my mess LOL..

well hope everyone has a great day... and Kristi get you bum up and get movin movin movin!!!!

sheila
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning - or afternoon for most of ya. Just got back from the gym. did 35 on elliptical (but slower than usual, still taking it easy) and 20 on treadmill. Still burned about 450 calories so i'm happy.

I've just started to notice that if I work out more, I want to eat less. Isn't that strange? LI4G said she has that too, mine just started. And as long as I've eaten a good 1500-1600 calories for the day, I don't care if I'm short 700 calories, because I've eaten enough, and feel satisfied.

I have to confess... i stepped on the scale yesterday to see the damage from the past several days (none - WHOO-HOO!) of not working out as much and things like that gross chocolate cake. But I held off today even though I weighed all 3 boys this morning... I still stayed off the scale!

Swignal, I'm with you on the drs making stuff up... I swear. How can I have "advanced arthritis" in a spot i have zero problems with??? That just makes no sense. My dr keeps trying to put me on blood pressure medicine, but she uses one of those automatic ones and I swear it's wrong, because I've never had high blood pressure before, why would it start NOW?? So one time I made her do it manually and it came out perfectly, even though the machine said it was really high.... yet she continues to use it, even though it's obviously not right! Just not made for my fat arms, I guess.

Can't sit at the computer too long of a time, it makes my hip/back hurt, so I have to get up and move around. But will be checking back in with ya'll!