Options

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Check out Zumba on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

It looks like sooooo much fun!

Well now that's the kind of crap that threw my hip out in the first place... LOL... there'll be no zumba for me!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Check out Zumba on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

It looks like sooooo much fun!

Well now that's the kind of crap that threw my hip out in the first place... LOL... there'll be no zumba for me!

Okay okay:flowerforyou: Forget we mentioned it ~ no zumba for you missy!
  • lulubar
    Options
    woot woot! I'm excited ~ they added Leslie Sansone's Fat Burner Walk to my free cable on-demand programs! I'm totally gonna check that out tomorrow. I was going through the channels to see if they had Zumba (no):frown: but they had the Fat Burner Walk. I'm a happy dumplin'!

Adopt4 - I'll let ya know if my hip holds out!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Good evening, silly heads! How is everyone? From what I just read, you are, in no particular order, beautiful, happydumplins with dislocated hips. I think you need to warm up before you do any serious Zumba, adopt4.
    Here, I will show you.fatbellydancer.gif
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WOW, there have been some really good post since Saturday. My floors are starting to look good, they still have to lay down 3 coats of finish.
    Li4g, since I’ve started this weight loss journey , I’ve noticed I sleep really good. Use to be 4 to 5hrs , now its plus 5 and hit the snooze…must be the wogging.
    DW- welcome to the Team, 3 lbs is great. Slow and easy is my mantra, and its worked for me. No injuries since January (YAY). Keep it going, you will do well.
    Adopt4, careful with that hip, and I guess no Carmen Electra Pole Dancing videos for you. Seriously, I’m very selective with my workouts (aka wimp). Its just not worth being laid up for a week due to an injury. By the way, can I borrow that CE video (HA HA).
    Prayerful - no soda? I guess that can be next weeks challenge, everyone can pick an item that they commit to stay away from. For me its …no way I can’t do it. Any takers?
    Chantybear, 5 mi run, you rock. I once ran a marathon. That was 23 years and 30lbs ago. I wrote to prayerfulmom, and I am thinking of a local 5k in April.
    CM, stillkristi, swignal, lulubar, and dewdrop..keep the posts coming.you guys inspire….Zano
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    WOW, there have been some really good post since Saturday. My floors are starting to look good, they still have to lay down 3 coats of finish.

Hope we'll get to see some pics, Zano! :wink: And thanks for liking my posts :blushing: :flowerforyou:, I sure am trying to be positive in them. I just think people deserve believing in themselves (most of what we are is what's deep inside, isn't it?) and I find Sheila so inspiring and so sweet for sharing how lovely her hubs is to her. It's great to tell the people near you how much they mean to you! :flowerforyou:
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Sheila-zumba is some sort of dance exercise class. I'm going to try it tonight, so I'll let you know how it turns out! I figure it's the one class I'm least likely to make a fool of myself, but I could be completely wrong(I'm not exactly coordinated!LOL)

Stillkristi- Bluegrass IS THE BEST!!! Seriously, I could probably introduce you to Alison, my dad was an original member of Union Station, so I've known her since I was about 7. My job is great(although when people are in the studio it's not so cool!) I work for Tom T. Hall-he was a country start in the 70s, and he's a big bluegrass guy, he and his wife Miss Dixie. They write LOADS of songs all the time. He actually wrote Harper Valley PTA, That's How I Got To Memphis, Alan Jackson's Itty Bitty, and so many others I don't know. It's the perfect job for me!
    My husband plays on the Grand Ole Opry every weekend, and I'm tired of looking so "unhealthy" in the pictures I see of me backstage! OK, enough about music, I'll talk about it forever!

Unfortunately, last night I didn't do any exercising, and I feel really bad about it today. I had to work late, and by the time I got home, it was too dark outside to take a walk safely, so I decided not to walk. I did, however, grill some chicken breasts, and made my first attempt at sweet potato fries. I baked them, and they didn't turn out crispy, but kinda mushy, but I guess they were ok. My husband was NOT a fan, so I probably won't make them anymore...but hey, it was worth a shot! OH, I just remembered, I did a little exercising last night...I had to keep going upstairs to chase my puppy back downstairs! LOL That counts I think :laugh:

I've been telling all of my friends and family about this website, and most importantly, about this group...you guys are the best!:flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I do have to say this morning was a lot better than yesterday.. THANK GOD!!!! I didn't let the cat out and kept the dog door locked and let the little doggies in and out as they needed.. When left for work I did open the door but went and waved all the birdies away from the house.. Boy did that cat take off..

I got in my 50 mins of cardio this morning.. I want to weigh myself but have to wait till friday.. My husband and his friend are bringing the tanning bed in tonight then all he has to do is hook up the electrical and then I might tan.. We shall see.. The older we get the skin turns to leather so I am not quite sure about it yet.. I was an avid tanning bed user up until 3 yrs ago...But we shall see..

I hope everyone has a fabalous day. Stay strong.. Eat Healthy and drink lots and lots of water..

Talk to ya all soon...

Nita..

P.S.. Update on Kole.. He isn't doing well at all.. I honestly believe it's a matter of time before he is in gods hands in a better place. They told my neice last night that as of now his stats are horrible, she used exact numbers but my head was all fuzzy when she said they told her that as of right now he isn't getting enough oxygen from his heart to his brain.. Pray for Kole...
  • nitag
    Options
    Dwray44 - Buy your sweet potato fries frozen, they are actually pretty good.. My husband likes them.. I cook them at 425 for 18 mins and they get crispy.. I buy mine at good ole walmart....
  • lulubar
    Options
    Anita ~ I am praying for God's greatest blessings, peace and comfort for Kole and his family. What a heart breaking time for all. You are all in my prayers.
  • nitag
    Options
    Thanks Lulu.. They are meeting with the Dr's and the Social Worker now. The Dr. told them to decide if they want to take him off machines or keep trying but at this point brain damage is a possibility.. His levels need to be 60 and they are only 20..

I need happier thoughts right now.. Its a tough time..
  • DWray44
    Options
    Thanks Anita...I didn't even know you could buy them frozen, until today! LOL
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Nitag, I feel for you and his parents. I remember very well when we went thru the issues we had with my son, and although they brought him back, it didn't seem to me like he was "in there". I remember crying and telling him that if he wasn't going to come back as "Zack" then it was ok to go be with Jesus. I felt like he was holding on just for me, but I didn't want him to just be alive, but unable to do anything, I wanted him to be himself. For us, it turned out well... But I remember that moment of letting him go. There is a peace that comes with that, when you realize that you have no control and you accept, I guess, for lack of a better word, what is to come. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I believe there is a peace that will come to them if they let him go, knowing that he had a purpose on the earth even if it was for a short time, and that if they believe he can recover that their strength will help him too.
  • lulubar
    Options
    Healthymom - yayyy for you on the good workout yesterday. You are doing such a great job!

DWray - I'm a born and bred West Texas cowgirl (transplanted to New Orleans) and I grew up on Tom T. Hall - big fan - and if I'm not mistaken, he played at our PRCA ProRodeo concert in Odessa TX when I was in high school (in the 70s) although, it could have been another rodeo, but I think it was Odessa - "I Like Beer" - the battle cry song of every cowboy I ever dated! "Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine" was one of the first songs I learned on guitar. What a great cool job you have!! I have the Allison Kraus/Robert Plant cd - bought it months ago strictly out of curiousity for the strange duo - LOVE it. I can't wait to hear how the zumba class goes - let us know!

Zano - I'm a true believer in slow and steady too! Exactly how do you know about these Carmen Electra pole dancing videos??:huh: lol!

Kristi - keep up the hula hula! Great exercise:bigsmile:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Anita ~ I am praying for God's greatest blessings, peace and comfort for Kole and his family. What a heart breaking time for all. You are all in my prayers.

Anita I am also praying for kole and his family.. I know this time is not only hard but heartbreaking time.. I will continue to pray for everyone involved...

Sheila
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Anita,

:brokenheart: I am so sorry to hear that Kole has taken a turn for the worse. What Adopt4 said is beautiful, and I don't think could be said any better. I have no children and can't even imagine the emotions that must be involved.

We care for you and Kole and you are all in my prayers.

~cmr
  • DWray44
    Options
    lulu, if you send me an email with your mailing address, I'll get Tom T to autograph something for you(if you want!)

I'm thinking about grilling some tuna steaks tonight, but I'm not sure what goes well as a side dish with this. Any ideas???
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Thanks Zano, my goal is a marathon....in a year or two!

I feel pretty tired right now I ran 2.5 miles along the windy beach, then went to the gym for 30 min on the elliptical. I am staying at school (not driving home during the mid day) just in the hopes of getting more school work done..hah! like that is working. I think I will get up and get some tea!

Hope everyone is having a good day!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    adopt4, you make a lot of sense to me. Beautifully said. I'll be praying too, Anita - may God give peace, strengh and courage to Kole's parents...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    well good afternoon / early evening Team..

I have had a pretty good day I went to the gym and did the elliptical for my hour 30 minutes on the interval and then 30 minutes on the cross training and my 5 minute of cool down and then I went in the tanning bed for 8 minutes... LOL trying to tan my white bumm before I go to Jamaica in May so I dont Fry like a Lobster... LOL

well I need to figure something out for dinner so chat more in a little bit...

Sheila