THE Team ~ Week 7~ March 20th - 26th

Options

Replies

• chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Dewdrop SW 134/GW 124/CW 131 1 lb. lost
    Swignal SW 317/GW 150/ CW 310 loss 5 lbs
    Stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 440/ The dreaded PLATEAU!!
    LosingIt4Good- SW 220/GW 175/CW 219/ loss 1 lb
    Adopt4- SW 273/GW 191/CW 251.3 - 2.2 pounds lost!!
    LaciJae - SW 199/GW 140/ CW 178 - 2 lbs
    lulubar - SW205/GW 145/CW191 - 2 lbs. lost
    Chanty - SW148/GW 125/CW 136 -1 lbs lost + 3.5 inches!

Yayyyy...I am happy because I worked my *kitten* off all week!:smile:

Good job you guys for losing and maintaining!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LI4G - Walk away the pounds??? Enlighten me please..

OK... so about a week before i started with MFP I found this book at the Goodwill called Walk away the Pounds by LeslieSansone. It was $1.99 so I picked it up because there were some good low fat recipies in it and well.. I collect cookbooks. I started to read it and then I joined MFP so I could track my meals better and started doing walking workouts at the gym on the treadmill. Eventually working in the elliptical, weights, swimming and wogging since I was workin my butt off...I didnt really pick the book back up.. just been using MFP more.

Well, since I hit my 20lb mark last week I was at Costco and found her 5 mile walk away the pounds fat burn workout video and it was only $9.99 so I thought... what the heck.. just in case I cant get to the gym and I need something at home. I bought it and sure enough a few days later I ended up having to skip the gym because I was babysitting at home (same thing happened to me today!). So.. I popped in the video and was pretty surprised.

The workout is pretty simple. Even if your uncoordinated like me, you can do it. Its a combo of walking in place, knee lifts, front kicks, side steps, grapevines and back kicks. Nothing too hard or fast paced... no jumping or high impact stuff but the pace is good and gets ya sweating. Each mile is 12 minutes and there are 5 total. You can choose to do all 5 or to just do 1 or 3...depending on how much time you have available. It goes by pretty darn quick too! She adds in arms and little tidbits about how to work the muscles in your legs, abs and butt to get the most of your walking and the first day I did it.. I was sore that evening.. but the next day I was ok.

here is the link if you would like to read up more. She has some other vids too that I eventually will try to get.... like the abs one for sure!.....http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/

This is the one I got
    LS_5fat.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Hello, all.

Thank you, Li4g, for being the thread starter. It's everyone together who makes this work, and sometimes we can't be here every day or even every week. I appreciate every one of you for your unique contributions.

Does everyone have one of these? Tupperwarescales.jpg

This is the only scale you should be using until next
    fridaysmiley.gif

Great work everyone! Sheila, you get the Woohoo-Dance.gif WOWZER!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Did that sound preachy? I didn't mean to sound preachy. ......

The tape measure is good, too.......instead of the body-weighing. I love all the inches lost, even those of you who do't have much to lose - inches lost is a great accomplishment!
    fork-1.jpg

Kristi, your gun-totin' kitty and guard Mini-Pin don't scare me. thneinneinnein.gif

(.....but they were both hilarious!)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LI4G - Walk away the pounds??? Enlighten me please..

OK... so about a week before i started with MFP I found this book at the Goodwill called Walk away the Pounds by LeslieSansone. It was $1.99 so I picked it up because there were some good low fat recipies in it and well.. I collect cookbooks. I started to read it and then I joined MFP so I could track my meals better and started doing walking workouts at the gym on the treadmill. Eventually working in the elliptical, weights, swimming and wogging since I was workin my butt off...I didnt really pick the book back up.. just been using MFP more.

Well, since I hit my 20lb mark last week I was at Costco and found her 5 mile walk away the pounds fat burn workout video and it was only $9.99 so I thought... what the heck.. just in case I cant get to the gym and I need something at home. I bought it and sure enough a few days later I ended up having to skip the gym because I was babysitting at home (same thing happened to me today!). So.. I popped in the video and was pretty surprised.

The workout is pretty simple. Even if your uncoordinated like me, you can do it. Its a combo of walking in place, knee lifts, front kicks, side steps, grapevines and back kicks. Nothing too hard or fast paced... no jumping or high impact stuff but the pace is good and gets ya sweating. Each mile is 12 minutes and there are 5 total. You can choose to do all 5 or to just do 1 or 3...depending on how much time you have available. It goes by pretty darn quick too! She adds in arms and little tidbits about how to work the muscles in your legs, abs and butt to get the most of your walking and the first day I did it.. I was sore that evening.. but the next day I was ok.

here is the link if you would like to read up more. She has some other vids too that I eventually will try to get.... like the abs one for sure!.....http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/

This is the one I got
    LS_5fat.jpg

thanks, your awesome.. I am looking at it now.. I can't go to a gym so I am looking at things to change the routine around...
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good evening! I will weigh in tomorrow since this morning was too crazy. I did the 5:05 AM spin class, ran home, showered and went to work. Swignal, way to go! :drinker: Everyone is doing great! I am actually excited for the weight in. My pants seem a tad looser and I have been very good about keeping track of my calories, so I am crossing my fingers!

I hope everyone has a healthy weekend! I am personally hoping for a little bit o' sunshine. I'd really like to tidy up my yard this weekend!

CMR, you are never preachy and you are usually correct.:smile:
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome Dwray! ~ THE Team has the most awesome people and motivators around.

Lulu - That's cool about your son, I love folk rocky type of music - I hope you guys have a blast.

CM - I didn't lose any weight but I think I'm going to start measuring myself. I never did that before..so I think I'm going to do what Chanty does and measure every two weeks. You're not being preachy..stern and educational ma.

Sheila - you're just rocking away those pounds, congrats.

I just bought the biggest loser workout video - I wasn't sure what it was going to be about but Bob and Jillian actually use the biggest loser people in the background and it's kind of fun because it's funny to watch too. Bob and Jillian are characters!

SW 138/GW 125/CW 138 - inches to be measure from now on!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Hey everyone! Swignal invited me to join, and I'm really excited about it...so I hope it's ok if I do! Congratulations to everyone who's already lost some weight, I can't wait until I'm one of you!:bigsmile:

Hi and Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members! This is a great place to find info and encouragement.

I will do my weigh in tomorrow because I want the measure inches too. The scale has not been kind this week :grumble:

I have logged my calories every day and my exercise every day. The exercise kept me from being over on the calories :ohwell: I also noticed the sodium situation - going to stay away from the smoked ham my dh made. I added 30 minutes to the workout 3x this week. Very proud of that. :bigsmile:

My last brag: I made a new wogging record today 18:00!!!! I couldn't believe it :noway: Thats 1 minute off my usual time. Those intervals really work!

Congrats to all the success the team had this week!! We are still going strong! :drinker: :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    No problem CM... if you or anyone else ever wants to start it up just hollar, otherwise.. I can do it. My Thursday evenings are pretty lame at the moment.. LOL

amen.gifI have a food scale that I used for the first couple weeks until I got a handle on proportions, now its sitting on my windowsil in the kitchen. I havent had to touch it in over a month but Im sure I'll use it again eventually for something. Measuring cups work great too unless your actually weighing something like meat. Mine was the cheap one from Target for about $6

I just made a huge pitcher of iced tea for the fridge. I found 1 orange dolce and 1 french vanilla teabag hiding among my tea stash, so I put them together and it turned out really good. I am having some anxiety issues today so I made sure to make it decaffinated.

Im not sure why, but yesterday and today... Ive just felt anxious and unable to sit still.
    Tiggerjumping.gif
    Pretty wierd, last time I felt this way was before I put in notice to leave my job last year and I was under alot of stress. I just hope it goes away soon.. I hate this!
  • cmriverside
    Options

I hope everyone has a healthy weekend! I am personally hoping for a little bit o' sunshine. I'd really like to tidy up my yard this weekend!

Sunshine! Yes! sun_bespectacled.gifthat would be great. I haven't been looking at the forecast. Ruh Roh......

Here's what I found..... :ohwell:

Saturday- Mar 21 Mostly Cloudy / Hi: 47° - Lo: 37°
    Sunday - Mar 22 - Snow Showers / Hi: 43° - Lo: 34°
    Monday - Mar 23 - Rain / Hi: 40° - Lo: 36°
    Tuesday - Mar 24 - Snow Showers / Hi: 39° - Lo: 33°
    Wednesday - Mar 25 - Snow / Hi: 39° - Lo: 27°

:sad: Cloudy, Snow, Rain, Snow, Snow :grumble: - But I'm in the Convection Zone, you may have better luck down South.

um, "usually" right?????:angry::laugh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just got done with dinner and got a recipe off this site, thought I'd share - put 4 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa (I did a 20 oz size, more than the recipe called for), 1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, and some taco seasoning if you want. I just sprinkled cayenne pepper and adobo seasoning on it. Cook all day on low, then shred the chicken, put in 1 cup of non fat sour cream and mix in... again, that's more than the recipe called for... served over Yukon Gold potatoes... it was AWESOME. And if I did the calories right the chicken mixture was only like 136 cals per serving, plus the potatoe.. We are all so stuffed. And it was easy!

I did something different at the gym today, I got 2 reps of 20 at 100 pounds hip adductor and hip abductor in before working out, then repeated it after working out - and I"m not as stiff. My butt hurts (LOL) because it also works the glutes. I'd done that before for a month or so and it didn't seem to do anything, it never hurt or was hard... but this time it was hard and hurt the right places. Not sure why that is? But anyway, feels good to feel the pain in the right places.

I am SO STUFFED right now... am waiting to feel some room for the jello (diet coke jello saiad from this site) only I changed that recipe too, hope it turns out good too...

Can't believe that small bowl of chicken salsa stuff made me so dang full! I'm very happy about that.

I did measure and have lost several inches the past few weeks, 1 inch off my neck, 2 inches off my waist, 1 off my hips, 1 off my chest... for a total (since 2/11) of 4 off my hips and 3.5 off my chest! Since I started on 1/18 it's more but I didn't measure when I started... but either way, knowing there's 4 inches gone from my hips and nearly that much from my chest is awesome!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

Sunshine! Yes! sun_bespectacled.gifthat would be great. I haven't been looking at the forecast. Ruh Roh......

Here's what I found..... :ohwell:

Saturday- Mar 21 Mostly Cloudy / Hi: 47° - Lo: 37°
    Sunday - Mar 22 - Snow Showers / Hi: 43° - Lo: 34°
    Monday - Mar 23 - Rain / Hi: 40° - Lo: 36°
    Tuesday - Mar 24 - Snow Showers / Hi: 39° - Lo: 33°
    Wednesday - Mar 25 - Snow / Hi: 39° - Lo: 27°

:sad: Cloudy, Snow, Rain, Snow, Snow :grumble: - But I'm in the Convection Zone, you may have better luck down South.

I just checked here and it says tomorrow is supposed to be mostly cloudy... as is Friday of next week but otherwise it is looking rainy and wet with temps in the 50's all week.

Typical Washington weather.. LOL

raining.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Im not sure why, but yesterday and today... Ive just felt anxious and unable to sit still.

ha ha, the Tigger wasn't there when i first read the post you made, now he is.....

Li4g,

Wellllll. Your husband is gone for a month - - how many times have you two done that? And it turns out you may get your wish, he likes it there. Careful what you ask for, as they say, you may get it!

You are contemplating a move across the entire country. How long have you lived in the NW? And have you ever lived in FL? I grew up there, as you know: and I'm not sure I want to move back, though I do like to visit. But last summer I was making plans to move back to FL. I went down to look at Real Estate and made a check list of stuff I would need to do to make it happen. At my age it seemed overwhelming. At 25 it was an "adventure". That is a huge life stress. I would be a wreck. PM me if you want to talk....I moved the other way - FL to the NW, and it was tough. I'll help you any way I can. Twist my arm, and I may caravan down, and move. One of my worries is the long drive alone. I've done it twice. It is a looonnnggg trip.

I realized today that I have pretty much eliminated caffeine entirely from my life! About a week ago I had "a" cup of drip coffee, and I couldn't even finish it, and I was jittery for three or four hours afterwards. :noway:

I battle anxiety, too. Hang in there. :smooched:

Thanks CM, you are a sweetie!... I dont think thats it tho. Dont get me wrong.. I miss him alot, but we talk everynight on the phone. As for the moving.....yeah, he likes it there, but property tax and insurance is more than double there what it is here so even tho housing is cheaper.. it may not be the best move for us financially to move there. I grew up here and so did he. His parents live here so for us to move we would have to sell everything to go, but really Im not worried about moving at all, actually it is exciting to me. I have no family left here and my Ex husband lives here so It wouldnt hurt my feelings to get away from him. He's a real piece of work... as most ex's are.. LOL

Its hard to explain this anxiety, which may not actually be anxiety at all. Its just how I think to describe it. Ive had it checked by a doctor the last time I experienced it because it almost felt like I had high blood pressure and they said nothing was wrong with me. They even did an ekg and ultrasound on me to make sure and nothing. They said I was perfectly fine. Its a rushing feeling over my chest and up my neck. Its not painful at all but feels almost like I just a good workout adrenaline rush... but this lasts ALL day long and its EXHAUSTING and otherwise My HR is normal. My daughter told me that I have "runners high".... which I thought was pretty funny. I even checked my blood pressure at the store to see if it was high and it wasnt.. LOL The other thing is...Ive eaten like a mad woman! Ive stayed within my calories (only cuz I upped them yesterday from 1300 to 1500 before exercise). I feel like Im hungry every 2-3 hours and it does help a little to eat something or drink some choc milk. Ive just been very careful not to eat until Im stuffed.

Im gonna make some sleepytime tea before bed tonight and soak in a hot bath tub. Hopefully I can fall asleep and STAY that way for a good majority of the 10 hours I spend in bed TRYING to sleep:yawn: . :ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    jiminy, I didn't think property tax could BE any higher. I pay $1400 a year for a 550 sq ft condo. But that's here.

LOL on the insurance, though. No one under 70 yeas old tends to push up insurance rates. Both health and auto, at least. Plus the homeowners insurance is high because of hurricanes, especially near the coast..

Well, I'm glad you are doing well. Sweet dreams tonight.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    good evening Team,

I would just like to say I had a great work out today at the gym I did 1 hour on the eliptical and 1 hour water areobics I stoped by the local store to buy my hubby his 6 pack for the night and the owner that knows us very well!!! he says wow sheila you look great have you lost some weight?? I was like yes I have lost a few pounds... he was like LOOKIN good LOOKIN good... If I look good at 310 pound can you imagin what I am going to look like when I am 175 - 150 !!! LOL

every thing I ate today only came up to 1000 calories and it said i didnt eat enough even though I have been full all day.. this was the first time I ate so little... but I really wasnt hungry..

any way wish me luck tomorrow morning I am going for my biopsy on my lump under my arm... I hate needles expecially big needles

Sheila
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hola Chicas!

Today was a good day, we had a little bit of wine (I thought the 2nd time I have drank and enjoyed it haha)

If every day were like today... You'd weigh 122.9 lbs in 5 weeks...a little low but awesome!! Too bad everyday will not be like today:laugh:

Hope everyone else had a good day!

Good luck on the biopsy Sheila!
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Well, I guess we'll see how your weather forecast does. THEN I'll decide if the "usually" stays or goes.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    good evening Team,

I would just like to say I had a great work out today at the gym I did 1 hour on the eliptical and 1 hour water areobics I stoped by the local store to buy my hubby his 6 pack for the night and the owner that knows us very well!!! he says wow sheila you look great have you lost some weight?? I was like yes I have lost a few pounds... he was like LOOKIN good LOOKIN good... If I look good at 310 pound can you imagin what I am going to look like when I am 175 - 150 !!! LOL

every thing I ate today only came up to 1000 calories and it said i didnt eat enough even though I have been full all day.. this was the first time I ate so little... but I really wasnt hungry..

any way wish me luck tomorrow morning I am going for my biopsy on my lump under my arm... I hate needles expecially big needles

Sheila

Oh, I hate needles too, good luck on the biopsy!!!!