What was your best purchase?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    After reading this, I now definitely want a HRM and food scale.
    What brand of HRMs do you guys love (and find are most accurate) and where do you get food scales?

My HRM has changed my life! Now one of my main goals is to lower my resting heart rate.

I have a Polar FT 4. If you're going to get one, make sure you get one with the chest strap, so that you get the most accurate reading. I love mine because you can flip back and forth between different screens while wearing it to display your "target" zones, calories burned, current heart rate, workout time, time of day, etc. Also has a locking feature so that you don't accidentally bump a button and reset your time!

I purchased mine about 6 months ago (I think...) and it's great motivation to push you further on your workouts when you feel like giving up but realize you haven't burned that much.

I also purchased a food scale this past year as well, and am totally obsessed with it.

You can pick one up anywhere, really. I at first had bought a cheap, basic one from the grocery store for only $8, but later bought a more "upscale" (haha get it?!) name brand version that had a bunch of different options and was more accurate. It was regularly priced $55 but I got it on sale for $24 at Canadian Tire (totally not a place where you'd expect to find kitchen gadgets). I know for sure that stores like Target, Sprawlmart and even Costco sell them though.

________

Other than that, my other favourite/best purchases this year have included moisture-wicking gym clothes, better running shoes, a more accurate scale (Omron HBF 400), an exercise ball to use as my office chair and those Brita water bottles that have the mini filtration system in them. I also received an elliptical trainer, which has helped significantly!

I love how stores right now have super sales on their workout equipment.
    This year I plan on buying resistance bands (I lost mine when I moved), a pedometer, and maybe a recumbent bike.