tips to get fit and toned in less than 6 weeks?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Give INSANITY a try. I am on day 7 (Rest day since INSANITY gives 1 rest day a week) and it is AMAZING. It will push you past your limits, but it will be worth it in the long run and it will give you the results you want. Good luck.

yea i;ve seen that one too..don't know if I have that type of workout in me I have to be honest...I know that sounds weak but I just don't know if I could do that and stick to it

luls. love this!! "oh hai guys, do you have anything to help me get fit and sexy in six weeks?? but nothing too hard, ok?? kthanxbai"

oh that's supportive...why bother posting if you have nothing productive to say..I have a back and neck injury and that is why I said that but thanks for the negative reply...

I have no idea about workout videos, but there are plenty of ways to strength train effectively while taking into consideration your injuries. What specifically do you have? Disc herniation? If so, you might need to not lift too heavy right away.
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    The most accurate ways are by getting a dexa scan or bod pod test. Other ways are with scales that calculate your BF%, which aren't terribly accurate, by having someone do skin fold tests with calipers, or with online calculators, which again are just estimates and may or may not be accurate. A lot of people seem to like this one: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Or go by the mirror and compare to the photoson this page: http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages There's photos of women lower down on the page.

What's your weekly goal on here? As small as you are, you shouldn't be aiming for any more than .5# a week, which should put you at more than 1200 calories. Personally, I'd leave it set to maintain your current weight, but I don't like how I look below 120#. I was about 110# or less through my mid 20s. I'm actually able to wear many of the same clothes now around 130#, so I'm the same size, but not bony or angular. The width of my hip bones, rib cage and shoulders won't allow me to wear smaller clothes, even if I lost more weight. :tongue:
    [/quote]

I don't remember I think it's 1.5lbs/week or something...many years ago i was 126lbs and did weight watchers...lost 12lbs in a little less than two months...so I figure that was reasonable...again I'll be happy to just be more tone and have muscles shine through regardless of what the scale says :)
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Ithink you will definitely see a difference in 6 weeks. I small perdson like you or me will notice a difference. I increased calories but not really carbs and oils I increase my calories with mostly protein like lean meats (although I did awful over the weekend. I continued with cardio but I just cut it down a little because I still believe you have to keep the fat off to get to the muscle. I think with cardio and strength training you more likely to see progress faster. Plus if you say you want to lose a few more to get to your goal then I would also continue cardio. I like 30 day shred but Im more motivated to go to the gym with my friend that use a dvd in my house.

so what is your calorie in take/day? yea wish i had a membership and a friend to go with...right now my friend and I just started zumba classes at least so I have that but she has the bowflex so I can't imagine she'd want or need a gym membership..and I hate to go alone...plus with two kids its not entirely easy to get there except at night and I'd prefer to work out earlier in the day so I do it mostly while my son is at school and my daughter is napping
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    I have no idea about workout videos, but there are plenty of ways to strength train effectively while taking into consideration your injuries. What specifically do you have? Disc herniation? If so, you might need to not lift too heavy right away.
    [/quote]

I have a bulging disc in my lower back and no curve to my neck along with inflammation and tenderness...moves like shoulder presses really tense me up and hurt...I use very light weights for those moves if any at all...yoga really helps my back if I do it regularly and makes the other workouts a bit easier and less painful when I am consistent and well stretched