venting (cussing)

Options
Telling your right now im SORRY if i offend you.

I am so pissed off right now and want to go eat. (im an emotional eater) i figured i better post here before i use food to help my emotional needs.
Growing up i was raised VERY christian, but now that im an Adult i do what i want when i want. I cuss, drink (not often), and have sex.
Well my father seems to think he can still tell me what to do. if i cuss he yells at me, if i just buy a bottle of vodka or something he has to tell my how wrong i am. if i have sex im a slut. No matter what i do im always Wrong.
im 27 Fing years old and he treats me like im 10.
I hate him so much. he is a trucker so hes only here usually on the wkends. EVERY weekend when he gets home its almost like a constant fight from the time he walks in the door till he walks out to go to work. and he wonders WHY i dont wanna talk to him when he calls the house or my cell.

This is one of the poems i wrote when i was feeling like this (he has never out right called me any of these names but im not stupid)

I’m Sorry!!
I’m sorry I’m..
Worthless, Fat
Stupid, Ugly
Dumb, Crazy
Useless, *****

I am sorry
God put me here,
On this earth.

I’m sorry
I’m not,
Perfect, Pretty
Smart, God fearing
The way you feel
I should be.

I’m sorry that
I cant do anything right.

I wish I Could be
All those things
You want me to be
But I cant
And I’m not.

I’m sorry
I’m such a bad person!

I know I don’t deserve
To live on this earth
With all these
Perfect people.

I’m tired of being “Perfect”
Tired of being “the good one”
So I drink,
I Swear
Sexed it up with someone I didn’t know
And I feel different
I know people look at me
But I don’t care
I’m not “Perfect” anymore.
Sure I have regrets
I’m not saying:
I’m an Alcoholic,
or
Don’t believe in God
or
That I’m a slut
I’m just saying
I Am Me
An imperfect person
In an imperfect world

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Honey, you need to get the hell away from him. You ARE worthy - of respect and happiness.

Just curious, why are you living at home still?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Do you still live at home?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a toxic environment for you. I highly suggest moving away from home, you are 27 after all. It would be better for everyone.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    He may not show it well but he loves you, the way I looked at parenting TOTALLY changed after I became one! It's f*&#ing tough to be perfect :( I know I don't always get it right & you know from your own journey a lot of that comes from your parents & hence from the way your Father was raised.

Russ
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you are hurting. Your poetry moved me. You are 27 years old, pay no attention to his meaness. Live your life the way you want ... what's most imporatnt is that you are kind to others. It's OK to have fun in life. It's OK to be happy. Be a better person than your father and treat people with respect. You be the better person. Don't forget to love yourself .... I hope you find a wy to enjoy your life. I'm going to send youa friend request. It's always nice to have supportive friends. Have a great day!!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts ... take 'em or leave 'em ....

As long as you're sorry (your word, not mine) for being who you are, you're fighting an uphill battle with your dad.

God accepts and forgives you for who you are. Should that be enough for your dad? Yes. But clearly it isn't. Come to peace with yourself and your relationship with your dad will be better. Maybe not what you want, but it will be better.

Have a heart-to-heart with your dad. Show him your poem. Let him come to terms with who you are in his own way and in his own time - if that's possible. If not, remove yourself from the toxic atmosphere.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you're 27, why are you still living with a man who makes you feel so bad? I get the impression that he still sees you as a child and then that makes you react like one, it's hard to break the habits of years.
    Get the hell out of there and live your own life. You aren't obliged to see him or have him visit.
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Honey, you need to get the hell away from him. You ARE worthy - of respect and happiness.

I have med probs and cant keep a job. I have no other choice.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How does he know when you have sex?
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I really hope you can figure out a solution <3 no one is perfect, and to expect to be is a bar way too high. I have problems with my dad too but luckily I was able to get away from it.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time confidence problems start out with parents. It would probably be in your best interest to take baby steps toward moving out. Maybe get a room mate, get government subsidized housing, etc. Maybe disability if it is required. Clearly living with your father isn't working for either of you. I'm sure because of your situation, this will not happen over night, but its worth the effort.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Could you move in with the guy you are having sex with?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I understand that you are in pain right now, and I also know an abusive relationship when I see one. I am a VICTOR and a survivor from a horribly toxic and abusive relationship. It may be your Dad, but it is still an abusive relationship. Could it be that you remind him of your mom? Or does he feel like he failed you somehow and instead of being a man about it, lashes out? You can't really answer these until you talk to him about how you are feeling in a calm, rational, adult manner.

That being said, as an adult child who had to go home for a short time to get back on my feet after a messy divorce, I can say a few things about what you are experiencing. It is his house, so he has a right to set rules. If he wishes to have no drinking, cussing, or sexual encounters under his roof, he has a right to say so. It is your body, you have a right to do what you want with it. If you wish to drink, cuss, or have sexual encounters that is your business alone...just don't do it at home.

He gets upset because you are his little girl. When you swear, you are not being a lady. When you drink, you are harming your body as since you have medical issues I assume you take medicine? When you have sexual encounters, you open yourself to risks. Granted there are better ways to handle his concerns, and name calling is completely counter-productive.

You are on a path to bettering yourself. Get some counseling, move on...you won't change him but you can make your feelings known. See if there is other family that you can live with...just expect to live with their house rules. The only time you will have house rules that you feel meet your needs is when you have a home of your own.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    im 27 Fing years old and he treats me like im 10.
    I hate him so much. ..
    Wow!
    You should teach him a lesson and MOVE OUT!
    Today - get your own place.

Just pack your bags and leave; spread your wings and FLY AWAY!

Or you can continue to live in his house like you're 10 years old and be treated as such.
    At some point, children must grow up and leave the nest.
    Sounds like you're ready - right?
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options

His house his rules. I can't believe your upset with your Dad when he is voicing his opinion with your behavior in his home.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

His house his rules. I can't believe your upset with your Dad when he is voicing his opinion with your behavior in his home.

Pretty sure that only counts when you're 15
  • MaximalLife
    Options

Right, I first left home when I was 17, married at 18 and by age 27? The idea of living with daddy was nowhere on the radar.
    I can't relate.
    Anyway, it's time to set some goals, take ownership of life and get out of daddy's house.
    Problem solved.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

That sounds tough - have you looked into options available in your community, it may be that there is a choice if you keep looking?
    If not and you have to stay there, then you have two options as I see it:
    - accept that it's his house, his rules, he chooses to treat you like a child and it's not going to be easy to change that. Suck it up when he is at home, live your life the way you want when he isn't.
    Or
    - talk to him like an adult. "Dad, I'm 27 and able to make decisions about my own life. How about we treat each other like adults".

And remember, you may not be able to change the way he acts, but you can change the way you deal with it. Are there any counseling services that can help you learn some strategies to deal with life?
  • MaximalLife
    Options

Pretty sure that only counts when you're 15
    No, anybody who lives in my house RENT FREE follows my rules. To the letter or I throw them out in the street TODAY!
    If they have a beef, MOVE OUT!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

There is always another choice. Group home. Friends. Social security disability income. My mother had bipolar disorder and never kept a job. We struggled, but she raised me. We lived in a good neighborhood, I now go to a great college.

There is always a way.