not counting drinking calories

Options
124»

Replies

• claire7090
    Options
    My view is log everything - whether eaten or drunk they are still calories entering your body.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is nothing but empty calories. How many drinks do you have on the weekend? I do love wine, but I work out extra & take in tons of water if I'm going to drink that day & I've cut down to a couple times a month-2-3 glasses in one night max. I gained weight when I had more than that 'cuz I would pig out on snacks too much when drinking. :-]

Yes, it is empty calories, but I like to drink alcohol when I am in the pub. Personally, I do not get out every weekend, my job is shiftwork and it isn't always possible for me.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth from my food, drink, coffee creamer and even meds.

Meds?

I wasn't aware meds had calories. I've seen some log in vitamins, which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, either. Hubby and I like to drink wine, so I cut down during the day to enjoy our wine in the evening. Please, don't drink and drive. My other (step) daughter was hit head on 2 years ago by a drunk driver, and still has physical problems.

My multi and ester c have about 15 calories each and a few carbs (I think).. I log them, figured it wouldn't hurt..

I understand about the meds now. When I think of meds, it's my anti-rejection, blood pressure, cholesterol and heart medication. I, too, am anemic so I know the importance of taking my vitamins. Still, alcohol should be counted if you're tracking what you put in your mouth.