dinner tonight??

Options

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Boneless,skinless chicken baked with parmesean mix. Alexia parmesean garlic red skin fries, Steamed veggies. :bigsmile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Purrrr, Your dinner looks delish!!! :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    fish sticks :laugh:
    with steamed veggies and sweet potato fries :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Because of another thread ... probably sushi, hehe.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Butternut Squash Casserole

and wine :)
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Joe's (made with turkey).... not sure of what else with it yet...
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    we are having a dinner party at my apartment with lots of italian food. Probably having some of my Shrimp Penne, salad, and a few glasses of wine :love: :drinker:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Chicken primavera in a parmesan sauce and Salad
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast fried with non stick spray and onions, plain baked potato, broccoli/cheese.

mmmmmmm

Memaw
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    12in Italian subway sandwich on wheat bread
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Purrrr, Your dinner looks delish!!! :smile:
    hehe, thanks, i love taking pics of what i eat, for one i am still learning to cook and for another i feel so happy to finally be eating right... the grilled veggies were nice except i screwed myself with the vinegar... i don't normally use vinegar at all cos i don't like the taste (too sour for me) but wanted to follow the recipe exactly, so bought balsamic which i know is the healthiest kind of vinegar ... still sour tho :ohwell:

here is tonight's attempt:
    P4031427.jpg
    i had never cooked dock before but bought a bag of it today and wasn't very sure what to do with it, so this is a very simple recipe: chopped dock leaves, brown rice, chopped onion, ginger, water and a tablespoon of oil, throw everything in the oven for half an hour... i believed it would be the first time i eat dock but in fact the taste reminded me of something my grandmother had cooked for us once upon a time, really really yummy :tongue: it also smells really pleasantly as it gets cooked, of something very green and fresh :love: all greens are great and similar in texture but they all have a special unique thing about them :heart:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    What is dock? I've never heard of it.

Tonight for us was chicknen cacciatore but we grilled the chicken and vegetables (onion, green, red, yellow, orange peppers, eggplant, garlic) Then put it into a sauce made with canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and red wine with oregano, basil & rosemary. This is so yummy! We had it over egg noodles. We grilled the chicken and vegetables the other day and had it with salad. Did extras to make todays dinner.
  • purrrr
    Options
    What is dock? I've never heard of it.

must be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumex_patientia
    it's not a very popular thing to eat but i found it in the database as "dock", so i'm not the only one who eats it... last time i cooked stinging nettles and nobody knew of it nor was it in the database, so i had to add it... there are so many kinds of greens and it's amazing how great they all taste, i've tried so many new things since i started the weight loss, never had this variety of food before (cos i went for quantity not quality :ohwell:)
  • keiko
    Options
    I had to look up the eating of stinging nettle. I never knew you could eat it. I just remember my DH getting it on him when he was playing paintball. I'd never think to try eating it.

And I've looked at dock now and I think I've seen it growing but just thought it was a weed. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try eating either of them.

Thanks for the lesson in new foods though!
  • purrrr
    Options
    I had to look up the eating of stinging nettle. I never knew you could eat it. I just remember my DH getting it on him when he was playing paintball. I'd never think to try eating it.

And I've looked at dock now and I think I've seen it growing but just thought it was a weed. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try eating either of them.

Thanks for the lesson in new foods though!

I'm not very sure if all kinds of nettles are eatable and if all sting, I've seen and eaten 2 kinds, one had larger green leaves, the other smaller and darker, they are absolutely yummy, the only problem is the leaves sting your hands as you try to prepare it - has to be washed and cut. Last time I decided to save myself the pleasure and used gloves :laugh: I usually make a simple soup: boil a bag of nettles (they are very light, so it's not really a lot) and add about half a cup corn flour, garlic and a tablespoon of oil. Of course it doesn't sting anymore after it's boiled :laugh: I actually have a picture of that, not the best shot cos the nettles were a bit old and became very dark and not so pleasant in the soup
    P3271419.jpg

Dock is a bit like spinach in taste, I've seen recipes suggest spinach or dock to be used. Personally I never cook spinach cos I don't like it and I obviously like dock, so at least in my mouth they are not that similar. For those who like spinach it's a nice twist in the taste if you replace with dock. Very pleasant aroma and texture. It could be weed but all greens kinda were before people started cultivating them, you know :smile:
  • keiko
    Options
    It's Friday and that's usually pizza night. But DH won't be home for dinner so I'm having Tortellini with Pumpkin Red Pepper Sauce, a salad and a glass of pinot noir.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Left over chicken and steamed broccoli.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It's Friday and that's usually pizza night. But DH won't be home for dinner so I'm having Tortellini with Pumpkin Red Pepper Sauce, a salad and a glass of pinot noir.

it's pizza night here! mmmmmm can't wait!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ooh ok what kind of fish sticks and how do you do the sweet potato fries? this sounds yummy!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    It's friday and we're catholic, so it's baked salmon, it's suppose to be kinda a punishment to have to eat fish, but secretly I love it! Oh steamed broccoli and long grain rice.