Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• julebird
    julebird Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is the first group that I've joined--I think....is this considered a group or is it just a thread on the message boards? I'm not sure how this all works--I want to keep track of everybody's posts--but I am hopelessly confused. Do I just keep clicking back on the original thread?
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    lol Thanks everyone and no that is not my real picture. This is just one of my fav characters from a fav tv programme of mine called Little Britain.

Just weight in this morning and Ive lost a Kg since Sunday! Yay!! Weekend is upon us, gotta be strong and drink water not rum!! *fingers and toes crossed*

I'm not sure I could handle seeing my weight in Kg. Such big numbers. :noway:
    Got some exercise this afternoon, in calories, need one more glass of water.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My 3 goals for the rest of this week are:
    1. To stay at or near calorie goal.
    2. To burn 1000 calories most days this week.
    3. To find peace after dinner & stop nibbling.

This is how I did Thursday:
    1. I ate over calorie goal today due to 400 mindless calories eaten.
    2. I burned just over 500 calories today.
    3. I had to take my daughter to a meeting and when I got home I fought the urge to hit the kitchen & drink wine. Cross your fingers!

I have to go to a funeral tomorrow but I would like to burn a lot of calories before. To me it shows my cousin in Heaven that Im makingthe most of my health & my life. ! Elimay? How's it going?
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    lol Thanks everyone and no that is not my real picture. This is just one of my fav characters from a fav tv programme of mine called Little Britain.

Just weight in this morning and Ive lost a Kg since Sunday! Yay!! Weekend is upon us, gotta be strong and drink water not rum!! *fingers and toes crossed*

When is Little Britain coming back? I miss it!

And welcome Julebird! Everyone have a great night!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments about my Angel! My three girls are a big part of why I'm so determined to make a lifestyle change, I don't look at this as a diet as they are temporary. I want my family eating healthy and exercising together! Only to build a better and easier life for all of them, me as well!

CLOVER, DEEBEAR KEEP IT UP!

SAMMY IM PROUD OF YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO THE C25K PROGRAM. TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF WEEK 3!!!!

ELIMAY IM PRAYING FOR YOUR SISTER, YOU AND THE FAMILY. I HAVE VEEN THROUGH THIS WITH BOTH SETS OF GRANDPARENTS MY MOM AND DAD ALONG WITH BROTHER IN LAW AND TOO MANY OTHERS. IM TRULY HERE FOR YOU. MAY YOUR SISTER HAVE ANGELS LOOKING OVER HER. HUGS

ISTNLONDRY THINKING OF YOU AND YOURS. I HAVE DEALT WITH TO MANY FUNERALS IN MY LIFETIME BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOUR COUSIN IS IN HEAVEN AND YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF.

IM DOING GREAT. HOPING TO HIT THE 20 POUND MARK THIS WERJ
  • steffiepooh2011
    steffiepooh2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im IN!!!!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Ooops hit enter to soon! Lol

Anyway I want to hit 20 pound mark this next week. I'm going to my doctor for annual physical so we shall see what she thinks of my lifestyle changes and weight loss. I feel great and am so glad I finally got into a grove with diet and exercise! Stating on track and tomorrow is lunges, dancing, C25K last one for week three ;0)

Have a great night everyone and sleep tight! Talk to you all tomorrow!
  • tcrawford112
    Options
    hey everyone! im a new member but im in! my goals are:

1. Exercise everyday
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. No sodas
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies...nice to see some new "faces" in our little group!

The scale and I are still at odds which is not surprising....I really need to just take it out of the house so that I don't obsess so much.

My eating habits have pretty much sucked since my rant earlier in the week.....cereal has been my best friend! This morning when I was working through my stair challenge (4000 of them this week) I realized that while I have turned my exercise around my diet is my biggest problem. I still eat crap mostly and just keep it under the calorie limits so that is something I want to try and work on as my next goal.

Thanks for all of the responses to my rant....I have been in a rut in terms of my exercise. I want to ride over 5000 miles this year which means I need to ride about 400 miles a month so I have been focusing on the bike. I'll try and mix it up better and not spend every day on the bike to see if that helps out some.

I couldn't remember the mini challenge so I did 50 crunches and 50 sit ups so hopefully I covered it.

Hope that everyone has a great day! Keep up the awesome work and hope that everyone is feeling 100%
  • hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im new but I would like to join.

Im 5'4 and currenty 155.6. My goal weight is 130 and I would like to make it there by April.

Im starting Jillian Micheals Banish fat boost metabolism today!

My goals for the week are:
    1. Exercise 5 days out of the week.
    2. Drink more water
    3. Hopefully lose 2 pounds by next week!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hollyrenee, TCrawford and SteffiePooh :smile:

Goals
    exercise - check
    stay under cals - not check! Was doing great until hubby came in from work and said he was ordering a pizza, mmm meat feast, it was delicious. So I've now decided I might as well have a glass or 2 of wine and a chocolate bar and call it a day off!
    C25K - not check! Was planning to start week 4 today, guess that will be tomorrow then

Mini-challenge - going to do your 50 crunches now Elimay and probably a few more too, need something to do while the wine is chilling!

Hawkeyegal - what is your stair challenge? Is it 4000 steps up in a week? I might give myself a challenge like that, there are 6 flights of stairs up to my office and I nearly always take the lift.

Here's to a great weekend all
    Sam x
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Crunches √
    C25K √
    Doctors √
    Diet √
    Water only one more to go!

Now its time to getting ready for date night with my ever so handsome Husband!

Keep up the hard work!

WECOME ALL NEWBIES!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Goodnight everyone !!!!!!!!

Welcome newbys glad to have you be a part of our group :smile:

Istnlondry so sorry about your cousin , thank you for your encouragment.

penny you are doing amazing!!!!!! sorry about the loss of many family members so sad . We lost our parents they were pretty young its very hard . We had an awesome time last night christie had a good night and felt pretty good for the most part.

Good job sammy, I am very week in that kind of situation too...... pizza yum :tongue:

Hawkeye yes you covered it good job sit ups .

I did not make my goals today :glasses: I will work on it tommorow . goodnight !!!!!!! sweet dreams see you all tommorow :yawn:
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and HAPPY WEEKEND except I am headed off to work. Oh well only 4 hours and then the rest of the weekend is mine.
    Welcome to all of our new friends.
    Glad the night went well with your sister El.
    Hawkeye you work so hard. You really are an inspiration.
    Sammy sometimes you just have to have a day off. Yesterday I did not get lunch so I lost it at supper time but still stayed under calories so I was okay with that.
    Penny hope you had a great night with your knight in shining armor. Sometimes we just need to be swept off of our feet.
    I have the church soup supper today. I LOVE THE PIE!!! My calories are all accounted for so that I can have some pie.
    Will try to check in tonight but just in case I get too busy, will talk to you all tomorrow.
    Oh yeah I am still trying to do no flour, no sugar and so far have been doing pretty well. BUT I AM HAVING PIE!!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hawkeyegal - what is your stair challenge? Is it 4000 steps up in a week? I might give myself a challenge like that, there are 6 flights of stairs up to my office and I nearly always take the lift.

I am in a group challenge where we have to do different exercises each week. This week we had stairs, jumping jacks, jump squats, taebo kicks, ti-cep curls and punch combos to do. I like challenges like this as it mixes stuff up each week and forces me to do something new (even if I don't enjoy it) since I refuse to lose!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Cleaning house today! Rearranging girls room! Going to be painting my whole house in a few weeks! Then getting my workout it! I'm determined to hit 20 pounds this week!

My date was wonderful and someone bought our dinner ....don't know who but they said it was great to see a young couple truly in love. Melts my heart!

Bless you all! Have a wonderful day!!!
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Penny what a lucky lady you are!! Sounds like you had a beautiful time!

DeeBear...I love your enthusiasm about pie wish I could get some to do this workout in a sec!

Hawkeye, your challenge sounds so tough but it has inspired me to set a workout goal for myself each week. This week it will be to break myself back into running for half an hour stretches.

Elimay, I hope you had a lovely time with your sister I was thinking of you both.

Welcome to all the newbies, this is truly a great group to be part of!

I had a night off last night to celebrate the end of my exams but I am back on track today with my food, water and I am about to do a workout and some house work so getting all my targets out the way! Woo!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    PIE !!!! Deebear, get some for me!!!

Penny, your evening sounds lovely especially as someone else was paying. I've just done the first session of Week 4 and it was fine, Week 4 has you running in 5 minute blocks. Are you starting Week4 today?

Jemma, bet you are glad to get those exams over, what are you studying?

Hawkeyegal, that does sound tough. I have definitely decided to stop using the lift at work from Monday, not going to actually count steps though.

Elimay, don't worry about missing your goals, there's always the next day xx

Goals today
    finished under calories
    exercised this morning and walked
    C25K W4D1 done

Overall a good day. Checking in tomorrow, I think it is going to be a 1lb loss again this week :smile:
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday

Calories - no
    water - yes
    housework - yes
    exercise - no
    10k steps no

Been slackin' off. Have to own up to that.

Elimay, glad you had such a nice time with your sister. DeeBear - mmmm pie - love 'em especially cherry.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'M IN! But I haven't thought of anything yet lol.