Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options

Replies

• ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have read a few threads lately of people asking if there is hope for a flat tummy after a c-section. The answer is yes, of course you can!

I'm 5'5" and about to turn 34 years old. My "babies" are 9 and 6. With my first pregnancy I gained about 70lbs and topped the scales at just over 200lbs (yikes!) when I delivered. With my 2nd baby I gained less (maybe 40lbs) but started out heavier and he was 9lbs of cuteness.

This is me at 41 weeks (yes, a full week overdue!) with the 9lb boy.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/41weeks.jpg[/img]

And this is me this morning (excuse the PJs, it's a snow day and the kids & I are lounging around)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

(in this forward-facing photo you can just see my c/s scar right above my pants line. It's pretty faded.)

And one of my gigantic hulking man-muscle biceps (just kidding!) because I'm proud of them. :)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/muscles.jpg[/img]

My current stats are 122.4lbs, 20% body fat. Waist at bellybutton is 27", lower "mommy tummy" is 30", my hips are about 35.5" and my biceps are 11". My post-pregnancy weight was around 165.

I did it by eating pretty clean (hey, I like my junk food too, though), focusing on small meals every 3-4 hours and mixing up cardio and lifting some heavy weights.

Hope for all those mommies who are just starting out on weight loss you can have some hope that your tummy will look good again!

I don't even have children and you look better than I do.

KUDOS! :)
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for this post!!!! I had baby #2 via c-section 2 months ago and I am struggling a bit with nursing munchies!! This post was inspirational!
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Such a inspriation!!!! I've 15 pounds to go.. and some toning up!! I've two under two.. it's a blast.. but my body went downhill FAST.. looking to run around our beach with the two boys this summer and be flawless and carefree!

any mamas, feel free to add me... I'm on a track to perfection..and I'd love to support you as well as the support!
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Uh-maz-ing!!!! That's all I can say!!! Thanks for giving me hope :-)
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You ladies look amazing. Congratulations!
  • ingridanderson82
    ingridanderson82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :-O Amazing and inspiring!!! I've had 3 c-sections with, 8 1/2, 9 and 10 1/2 pound babies, still above 200 pounds but working my way down, I am in awe and realize I CAN do this!!! Thanks!!! :)
  • adoraendut
    adoraendut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump! i've never had babies and this makes much much more inspirational!!!!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I'm currently preggy with #4 (EDD tomorrow) and while I don't think I'll ever get a tummy as amazing as those I've seen here (loads of stretch marks and excess skin), I know that I can make huge progress with time, effort and committment!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I had three boys last was an emergency c section. There is a pic of my tummy now. You definitely can get it back with hard work.
  • ChelsBuch
    ChelsBuch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You ladies look great! I had twin boys at 37 weeks one 6 lbs 14 oz and the other 6 lbs 9 oz. I had to have a c-section since baby A was breech and would not budge. I gained about 65 pounds but lost most of it after I had them and after about a month. I am currently 14 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think I will ever have a stomach that will look that great since I received many stretch marks with my babies, but I am hopeful to get a flat tummy someday. Thanks for the pictures they are great inspiration :)
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yall look fantastic!

I have stretchmarks out the wazoo! I HATE them, they are the really deep wide ones, not the itty bitty ones :( Hopefully I can do something to get my belly to look like yall's! Great work!

I'm right there with ya ... I'm hopeful they'll lighten up a bit over time and maybe I can find some awesome tummy tightening fix. We'll get there eventually :)

Well, at least stretchmarks on white women are less apparent. My stretchmarks look more like beige tiger stripes on a mocha background. Just awful. I've resorted to a tummy tuck being my only hope at ever wearing a 2 piece again.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thank-you for this - truly inspirational :)
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • meghspencer
    Options
    bump
  • jusandaiden
    Options
    You look awesome and are a huge inspiration to me!! Can you tell us if you breast fed and if so, was it difficult during bf? How long did it take to lose it all?? Thanks for sharing...your pics are a motivator.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm in AWE. you rock.
  • Mommy2CCCC
    Mommy2CCCC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very inspiring to me! I have 4 kids and STILL trying to get back in shape. Thanks for giving me hope......
    Leah
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!