Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options

Replies

• a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im so excited to see all these posts! I am a 3 time c-section mommy... all were NICU babies delivered early...

I have a major pouch, with stretch marks and am ready to say goodbye... I never had a flat tummy to start with (always a pudgy one) lol but I am looking forward to hopefully changing this monstrocity of baby baggage! I have contemeplated surgery to correct the horror, but am now hopeful I can do without!

GREAT JOB LADIES!!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump- will add pics later :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Jealous... My c-section was vertical for two of my babies :-(
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. I am a 2x c=section mom too and have a horrible pooch! but hoping I can end up even close to what you guys look like.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    OP you look great! Your skin bounced back really well from the pregnancy, mine, not so much. Even if I get my abs into that kind of shape, I'm still going to have the stretched-out skin hanging down. :-( I envy women who's skin didn't do what mine did, I didn't even have a c-section and my skin is ridiculous. *sigh*

I completely agree. My skin is never going to be the same. It's saggy and wrinkley and no matter how much I lose or tone, it will never look decent again without surgery.

Same here. :( 2 years after giving birth to my first I still had handfulls (like it would fill my entire hand if I grabbed it) of loose skin just hanging. And that was at 105lbs at 5'3". My tummy will never ever look like those posted here, no matter how fit/toned I get or how much weight I lose. A tummy tuck is the only thing that will work for my mess of a belly. I am way jealous of those who were lucky enough to have skin that can bounce back and not just stretch out and be saggy wrinkley goop!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow i really needed to see this thread, I've had only one baby with a normal delivery she was 8lbs 10... My weight has actualy crept up since having her.. And I have had this flabby wobbly gut hanging over my jeans for almost 3 years! I was wondering if I would ever have a flat tummy.. And thought there was no hope... Well you have proved there is!! Gunna work extra hard on those core muscles now :) thank you!!

Same here. Normal delivery average size baby, only 30 lb weight gain. And then she got colic (really badly) and we stopped cooking because you can't bounce the baby and make dinner at the same time. I put on more weight post-delivery than pre (although I still joke it's baby weight). She's 16 months now so I really have no excuse to still be this size.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I refuse to believe that some of you just had babies 7-8 months ago!! :noway: Wow, you look amazing.

I had my daughter 2 1/2 years ago when I was nearly 40, and I gained around 30-35 pounds. Lost the baby weight last year; still working on the belly, but it actually looks pretty good for an old broad who had a late-in-life baby, LOL. Maybe I'll be brave enough to post pics this summer!
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    Thank you for posting, I didn't have a c-section but a complete hysterectomy and I mean everything!!!:angry: I really hope I can get a flat tummy again some day!! you look great! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • chicklets0524
    Options
    I am mid-30s with 3 children (the youngest are 3 and 2). I am soooo grossed out by the flabby belly that just won't go away!! I have just started logging everything, but with the dieting and exercise, it has decreased, but not enough. How do I tighten it up one all of the excess fat is gone?? I am concentrating on cardio right now as I want to burn the calories and drop the weight, but I do some occasional upper body weight training.
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this thread.. I've had two children; my first was natural, she was 8lb 15 oz. & my second was a c-section. they opted to the c-section because i had pre-eclampsia & the day before i delivered him he was measuring at 11 lb. 7 oz!! the day he was born, he a whopping 12 lb. 1 oz!!!! he was the biggest baby my OB had ever delivered. he said that his size was all due to genetics, my father was an 11 lb baby & my mother's father was 11 lbs as well. anyways, i have been working my @$$ off since i was able to move around well enough after my c-section. i am down 81 lbs (30 being the weight i dropped after i had my baby), but that belly flab is still there :(:(:( i just want to know that there is hope! i need more people to motivate me & i am more than willing to help keep any of you motivated so please feel free to add me!! i keep to a pretty strict diet & exercise regimen so if you need help staying motivated, i can help!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have read a few threads lately of people asking if there is hope for a flat tummy after a c-section. The answer is yes, of course you can!

I'm 5'5" and about to turn 34 years old. My "babies" are 9 and 6. With my first pregnancy I gained about 70lbs and topped the scales at just over 200lbs (yikes!) when I delivered. With my 2nd baby I gained less (maybe 40lbs) but started out heavier and he was 9lbs of cuteness.

This is me at 41 weeks (yes, a full week overdue!) with the 9lb boy.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/41weeks.jpg[/img]

And this is me this morning (excuse the PJs, it's a snow day and the kids & I are lounging around)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

(in this forward-facing photo you can just see my c/s scar right above my pants line. It's pretty faded.)

And one of my gigantic hulking man-muscle biceps (just kidding!) because I'm proud of them. :)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/muscles.jpg[/img]

My current stats are 122.4lbs, 20% body fat. Waist at bellybutton is 27", lower "mommy tummy" is 30", my hips are about 35.5" and my biceps are 11". My post-pregnancy weight was around 165.

I did it by eating pretty clean (hey, I like my junk food too, though), focusing on small meals every 3-4 hours and mixing up cardio and lifting some heavy weights.

Hope for all those mommies who are just starting out on weight loss you can have some hope that your tummy will look good again!

What did your tummy look like after c-section before weight loss. Or did your tummy go down almost straight away? Shame you didn't post those pics.
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have read a few threads lately of people asking if there is hope for a flat tummy after a c-section. The answer is yes, of course you can!

I'm 5'5" and about to turn 34 years old. My "babies" are 9 and 6. With my first pregnancy I gained about 70lbs and topped the scales at just over 200lbs (yikes!) when I delivered. With my 2nd baby I gained less (maybe 40lbs) but started out heavier and he was 9lbs of cuteness.

This is me at 41 weeks (yes, a full week overdue!) with the 9lb boy.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/41weeks.jpg[/img]

And this is me this morning (excuse the PJs, it's a snow day and the kids & I are lounging around)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

(in this forward-facing photo you can just see my c/s scar right above my pants line. It's pretty faded.)

And one of my gigantic hulking man-muscle biceps (just kidding!) because I'm proud of them. :)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/muscles.jpg[/img]

My current stats are 122.4lbs, 20% body fat. Waist at bellybutton is 27", lower "mommy tummy" is 30", my hips are about 35.5" and my biceps are 11". My post-pregnancy weight was around 165.

I did it by eating pretty clean (hey, I like my junk food too, though), focusing on small meals every 3-4 hours and mixing up cardio and lifting some heavy weights.

Hope for all those mommies who are just starting out on weight loss you can have some hope that your tummy will look good again!

Wow you look amazing!! I wish my belly looked like that. I didn't have a c-section, but I have three kids ages 11, 10 and 9 and I'm now 43 and still can't loose that lower belly. I feel like I will have it forever... Wish I knew that secret that would get rid of it!!

Thank you for posting!!!
  • angagc
    angagc Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Amazing pics..... Although it's been 30 years since I had my baby, I am trying to get to my pre-baby weight.... Sounds funny....I had always kept my weight around 117 but with menopause I gained the 15 plus a few more pounds that comes with it. So now with MFP, I am getting back to my goal weight.....I put in 20 pounds as total to lose, but may go a few pounds more if I can....So congratulations on your loss......
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ladies look amazing!!!

what Am I missing though
    I have 2 kids..7 and 8
    both vaginal
    Im 5'7 and about 132/133 now and I have loose pouchy stomach :(

any tips appreciated!
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! I wish my stomach could look like that, but after 3 kids (and no C-section) and a TON of stretch marks (and I only gained about 20 pounds but I had A LOT of fluid and a huge belly and I'm only 5 feet tall so there wasn't much room) I definitely will never have a stomach like that. Your story is certainly inspirational though! Congratulations!
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So amazing!! Oh my god! Well done :D
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks for this - super inspiring! Just had my 2nd son (both over 9lbs) 7 weeks ago & my gusto is newly renewed after seeing this post - I CAN get back my flat belly. You look phenom. Congrats on your success!
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great that is incredible!!! Great work mama!
    Add me
    Angela
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Still working on my belly after 3 c-sections (18, 13, 12 years ago). Toned all over, except the belly. Argh!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!