Negative calorie foods!

Options
123457»

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Very well said (I wish there was an applauding happy face) Lol, hey but ya gotta appreciate people having nothing better to do then be all upset about someone posting about fruits and veggies ON A FITNESS SITE. Now I'm gonna go poke around and see how much weight all of these (sarcastic) people have lost!

Oh geez! People are not upset about fruits and veggies, they are upset at your sub-par attitude towards everyone who disagree with you. 211sbuv.gif
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Present random thought. Wait for random disagreements and random points and several arguments .

Seriously I am not emotionally involved in arguments on the internet so I have no "claws" to retract..

This post amuses me no more because the contentious nature of strangers online took over.. Good day mfp's Have a drink on me ;-) :drinker:
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    To the OP. I see your point..in that "neg Calories" is more figurative and not litteral. In that once your body utilizes its energy source or calories, each item provides, the bodies ability to digest is more efficent as compared to calories of a more complex or processed nature..Thereby, its fueling proprties are readily absorbed and utilized as instant energy rather than sitting in the gut and transfering its unnecessary value into storage or fat like say a slice of white wonder bread. Thanks for posting this.. Now I have an easy go to list.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    To the OP. I see your point..in that "neg Calories" is more figurative and not litteral. In that once your body utilizes its energy source or calories, each item provides, the bodies ability to digest is more efficent as compared to calories of a more complex or processed nature..Thereby, its fueling proprties are readily absorbed and utilized as instant energy rather than sitting in the gut and transfering its unnecessary value into storage or fat like say a slice of white wonder bread. Thanks for posting this.. Now I have an easy go to list.

Yep. Exactly, thank you.:bigsmile: and thanks to all of the tons of friend requests from those of you in support of what I was trying to say:laugh: Like I've always said, if even just one person learns one thing from me then my job has been done and if I learn something from one of you, then you've done a good job as well and in this case I'm fortunate enough to acquired a bunch more awesome MFP friends. Thanks everyone for your input. This was an intresting debate to say the least. Happy weight loss everyone, even you sarcastic one's :bigsmile:
  • WildFlower7
    Options

Very well said (I wish there was an applauding happy face) Lol, hey but ya gotta appreciate people having nothing better to do then be all upset about someone posting about fruits and veggies ON A FITNESS SITE. Now I'm gonna go poke around and see how much weight all of these (sarcastic) people have lost!

Oh geez! People are not upset about fruits and veggies, they are upset at your sub-par attitude towards everyone who disagree with you. 211sbuv.gif

Like my mother always taught me, do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. I wasn't rude until someone was rude to me, So with that being said, people can't expect to be rude and jump down my throat when their trying to make a point and not get anything back from me. and I beg to differ with what you said, you clearly have not read the entire post if your making assumptions that "people are not upset about fruits and veggies" when I saw people stating " I won't be stuffing my face with these anytime soon" and numerous people arguing about eating fruits and veggies. Some people on here are just plain nasty, people can make their point without being a jerk. Isn't that what this site is about?? To support eachother and help steer eachother in the right direction?? My tone in all of the posts from me was completely sarcastic and giggily, why on earth would I get mad at people I dont even know stating their opinions? We all have one, and if anyone doesn't agree, then great, I, do like to know why. Were all here to help educate others, not to go on the defense because someone posts something you don't agree with. Anyway, moving on now. I think Ive made my point. Best of luck to you!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Some people are so rude on this site... its really a shame.

I couldnt agree more! Seriously....whatever happend to "if you dont have anything nice to say...dont say anything at all" Rude people!

That is a guideline for polite conversation. This isn't a polite conversation; it's an internet forum. That means there's a steady stream of misinformation getting generated, and luckily, a small percentage of knowledgeable people refuting the misinformation.

Good story????
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I remember when I was a (chubby) kid. My grandmother bought some 'diet' chocolate candy. Through the course of the evening and late night, I ate the whole bag. Then the next day told my grandma that I was sure I had lost some weight overnight. As if. :laugh:

LOVE your profile pic!!! Sandlot!!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This thread seems pretty much done - but I want to thank the OP for going back (the following day) to read through and answer my question. I appreciate the explanation, though of course I wish I had seen it sooner :smile:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    This thread seems pretty much done - but I want to thank the OP for going back (the following day) to read through and answer my question. I appreciate the explanation, though of course I wish I had seen it sooner :smile:

Lol, your welcome, I think it's very easy when typing and texting for tones to be taken wrong, things to be mis-construed or taken the wrong way... I do it with friends sometimes too, and I actually kknow them and the tones they speak in.:laugh: Was a good debate though!