Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

valentines day gift

13»

Replies

• monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday! But before we had kids we used to buy each other something for every holiday every year! We both work good jobs and had nothing else to spend our money on!

I've gotten flowers and diamond earrings and necklaces! We don't get anything for each other anymore for any holiday we choose to spend it on our kids :)

Although I did see this idea for the 14 days of Valentine's and it'a little cheesy note with something related attached to it. Most of the stuff comes from the dollar store (candy) but I thought it might be fun!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    The best Valentines gift was a surprise trip for a long weekend to Paris from my husband. Love that man so damn much.

The worst gift was in HS a boy gave me a cheap piece of bling that he had bought for another girl but they broke up before he gave it to her. So a regift, and a cheap one at that.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I love Valentines day! I've always gotten something nice from my husband and vice versa. He really loves getting random flowers all the time and it's so sweet. :) He will also buy me a stuffed animal of some kind and a night out if I am okay with spending the money. The intention to go out of his way to do these things is what makes me love him, not the actual gifts themselves. I really think gifts can get out of control and the personal ones are always the best. I plan on making him something handmade, home cook his favorite dinner, and maybe get some other extra things he would enjoy. You don't have to spend a ton of money or none at all to enjoy the holiday.
  • I AM THE ULTIMATE ROMANTIC. I GET MY GIRLFRIEND GREAT GIFTS ALL THE TIME. LAST YEAR FOR VALENTINES I SENT HER 2 DOZEN LONG STEMMED RED ROSES TO HER WORK AND MADE A PERSONALIZED VALENTINES CARD ON TINYPRINTS.COM (SHE LOVED IT) THIS YEAR I WILL BE SENDING HER A 24K GOLD ROSE FROM IHATESTEVENSINGER.COM (THE PURPLE ONE)  ITS A REAL ROSE DIPPED IN REAL GOLD. I IMAGINE AND SURE HOPE SHELL LOVE IT. IM SENDING IT TO HER WORK.