What to do with a bag of Broccoli Slaw?

Options
MILFaspirations
MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
Help. I have a bag sitting around in my fridge!

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 1 heaping cup): 148 calories, 3g fat, 610mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 10g sugars, 8g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Prep: 5 minutes
    Cook: 15 minutes

One 12-oz. bag (4 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
    1 cup low-fat creamy tomato soup (like Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) or canned crushed tomatoes
    1 tsp. chopped garlic, or more to taste
    Dash onion powder, or more to taste
    Dash each salt and black pepper, or more to taste
    Dash crushed red pepper, or more to taste
    3 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping, divided
    Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add slaw and 1/4 cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until water has evaporated and slaw has softened slightly, about 5 - 8 minutes.

Add soup/tomatoes, garlic, spices, and 2 tbsp. grated topping. Stir and continue to cook until hot, about 3 - 4 minutes.

Season to taste with additional spices, if you like. Top with remaining 1 tbsp. grated topping. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

slawsidepic.jpg

It takes amazing - like a good pasta. I used extra grated cheese. With the leftovers, I reheated in the skillet and added mushrooms.. OMG.. so good!
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was craving buffalo chicken yesterday so I made these: http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

They come to about 103 calories each, 12g carbs, 3g fat, 8g protein
  • cmoore1013
    Options
    Another HG recipe-

Scoopable Chinese Chicken Salad

PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, 1 1/2 cups): 195 calories, 3g fat, 595mg sodium, 21g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 12.5g sugars, 22.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Ingredients

One 16-oz. package (about 5 1/2 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
    One 8-oz. can (about 1 cup) sliced water chestnuts, drained
    1 cup canned mandarin orange segments packed in juice (or light syrup), drained and chopped
    1 cup chopped scallions
    12 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
    3/4 cup low-fat sesame ginger dressing (like Newman's Own Lighten Up!)
    Directions

In a large bowl, combine slaw, water chestnuts, orange segments, scallions, and chicken. Mix well.

Top with dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS

Just made this last week and it's delish!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Bump! That pasta fake out looks great...gotta love hungry girl!
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    added to whatever you make, soup salads, frittata...I've gotten stuck with it a few times after buying it for a "failed" recipe I have in mind. I added to mac n cheese for the kids or pasta for me ..Im just saying if throwing it away is the only other option then just oss some in any meal youre having...it taste great by itself as a salad with asian ginger salad dressing also yummmmm
  • PamelaGailJacobucci
    Options
    Just eat it straight out of the bag. That's what I do.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thai Chicken Broccoli wraps. They are super yummy and my kids love them... I call them "aisian tacos"...

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/7-fat-fighting-dinners/?page=6
  • candeebandland
    Options
    the hungry girl recipe sounds good!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    i add it to my regular tossed salads...extra veggies & i don't have to cut them up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tamif27
    Options
    Stir-fry 'em with some tofu
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I generally add it into my salads... but I did see a couple egg roll recipes on hungrygirl.com that use broccoli slaw. I'm interested to see what other people say too!
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump. I usually use it for Hungry Girl's Broccoli Bacon Ranch Slaw but I want to use it in other things.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You can add a peanut dressing to it. It is yummy. Or you could put it on a fish taco (mahi mahi) or a regular taco for that matter. Maybe a ground turkey taco? I add mine to my regular salad leaves to add extra texture...
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat it with Trader Joes spicy peanut vinagrette on top, along with fresh clinantro, fresh basil, and some peanuts.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've used it as a topper for one of those cold veggie pizzas before - less veggies that i had to cut up! :-)
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I eat it with tuna fish in it...it tastes like a tuna salad

or you can saute it with some olive oil and garlic....yummy!!
  • jmaffett
    Options
    Great with lite coleslaw dressing. Stays crispy.

I also use it in a ground beef/napa cabbage stir fry and, again, it stays crispy.
  • jujuwoome
    Options
    I add to the whole bag about 1/4 cup or more to taste of dill pickle relish and two tablespoons of reduced fat Kraft Four Cheese Dressing. Mix it well and makes a great side dish.