What's your embarassing hobby?

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I still love Donny Osmond and I drove to Little Rock, Arkansas to see him in concert. And then drove the next night to Oklahoma City. :blushing:
  • missmacknz
    Options
    I'm a secret scrapbooker.
    I collect Marilyn Manson stuff including lunchboxes and dolls.
    I also collect ridiculous pens with lots of glittery stuff and maribou feathers on the end of them.
    I like drinking wine and playing farmtown on facebook.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Bollywood Movies. ALOT. I was so pumped when I found out that Netflix has a whole swarm of em'. I just can't seem to get enough of the singing and dancing I know they can be a little flaky but they are sweet .

I generally like foreign films. But Bollywood will always have my heart first and foremost.

I also have a mad obsession with Neil Young. I just love the man. If he is 92 and rockin' out in a wheelchair I would still pay to see him!!! I just wanna be his Cinnamon girl. :blushing:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I watch episodes of star trek TNG every time i come across it. No matter how many times I've seen it. Even the episodes I don't like. Every damned time.

And i am addicted to angry birds. I beat all the games with 3 stars, get all the eggs etc., and when I finish every game of every level, I uninstall the app without a back up, and start again. I am now working my way through them all again for the 4th time, but it's the first time on my tablet.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'm extremely obsessed with traveling, like intensely so & compete with my dad about getting most countries on "the map".

therefore when i meet someone who is like ".. uhhh i've never left the country", i cannot seem to control my "WHY?! ARE YOU NOT ALIVE?!" response like they're completely daft for not spending all their money on exploring the world which i know is not the case but my brain does not want to accept that.

i am also completely over the moon when i get someone to play "name the capital" with me. like someone says a country & then you have to say the capital first to win, i get so ridiculously competitive about it & a bit braggy, as with the traveling thing, it's such a bad habit.

edit:

oh & in my travel obsession, i also collect maps. it's cool yo!
  • fireman300
    fireman300 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2 hobbies...neither one is terribly embarrasing but :

1. Metal detecting...yes, if there was a beach near by I would be the weird guy with the bermuda shorts, flip flops and the metal detector complete with headphones. On the plus side my wife loves when I find jewelry (especially gold with diamonds..LOL)

2. I ll let you check it out www.firehousedips.com well it started as a hobby..turning quickly into a buisness :-)
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Stargate!!! all of them. I have every series, and episode!!!!
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options
    Golf...and karaoke....but rarely at the same time

Now THIS I would pay to see.

then it would be call sing dammit!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not really embarassing, but like someone else said, I could spend a whole night watching true crime stories like Forensic Files. I am also addicted to the show World's Dumbest.

That's me too!!!

And I love comic books and some video/online games....yep, total nerd!
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So I'm sure everyone has got some sort of hobby or ritual they love to do, and can't do without. I'm curious to see what other people's are.

For me...I can't go out on Monday nights...AT ALL...because I'm watching WWE Monday Night Raw. I know, it can be SO dumb, but that's my thing. My wife understands that she can talk to me during wrestling if she likes, and most of the time I'll respond, or at least acknowledge what she says, but I won't remember what I said later. She seems to be using that trick on me a lot lately...."So honey, are you going to do the dishes tonight?" "Yeah....yeah....of course....." *sigh* lol

I read the news (online or on my iPad) from lots of different sources (Baltimore Sun, Houston Chron, Huffington, CNBC, BBC, USA Today ... you name it) ... then I read RSS feeds I have set up to come into one of my apps ... You'd think one news sources or maybe a couple would be enough ... noooooooo.

LOL
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Vampire Romances .... yes I am a 30 year old woman that totally digs the twilight series. Team Edward!

LMAO
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I spend countless hours on a certain fitness forum.....
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Vampire Romances .... yes I am a 30 year old woman that totally digs the twilight series. Team Edward!

LMAO

No way! Team that other dude!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed about them at all :D

Crocheting, photography, cooking, designing websites, bow making, and anything else I might like would be crafty things. I also sing to myself and I love doing that :D... Not sure that's a hobby, I do it nearly when I have quiet time in the house lol.
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Collecting shot glasses from HardRocks But I don't drink!!!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh and let's not forget New Kids on the Block, not embarassed about it tho.... My friends and I go to their concerts and have gone on their cruise every year for the last 3 years...it's SUPER expensive but we save all year long for it. Tryin to see if I can afford a trip to Europe to see another one of their concerts this year though....

AND Twilight, Harry Potter....

Go ahead...u can laugh...I'm used to it ;)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

LMAO

No way! Team that other dude!

That dude that almost hit Bella? Yeah I agree :P
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Collecting Pez dispensers....
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a bookshelf in my room dedicated to anime and manga, merchandise, etc. I also LOVE doing cosplay. But my bf loves it too, so it's great!!! :)
  • andreacord
    Options
    I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading about music, listening to music, trying to talk to others about music, making playlists....... Most people don't get my obsession. And I don't get why everyone isn't this way.

LOL

Me too, except rock music. And I still have a stuffed animal thing at almost 19.