LOVE HIM OR LET HIM LEAVE???

Options

Replies

• MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine posting THIS much about my personal life or marital problems on a public website. :noway:

Honestly if you have nothing nice to say then butt out. I'm tired of your constant negativity!! You don't like it then ignore it!!

I was thinking the same thing! She actually posted a topic talking about her and her unemployed fiancé living off his 82 year old grandmother. I guess that's not personal information.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine posting THIS much about my personal life or marital problems on a public website. :noway:

Honestly if you have nothing nice to say then butt out. I'm tired of your constant negativity!! You don't like it then ignore it!!

I was thinking the same thing! She actually posted a topic talking about her and her unemployed fiancé living off his 82 year old grandmother. I guess that's not personal information.

Wow, yeah what people chose to post on here is their business. We support and encourage eachother, not bash and make people feel bad about themselves. There's sooo many rude people on here (I guess just like any forum) but this one is made to support.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Wow, yeah what people chose to post on here is their business. We support and encourage eachother, not bash and make people feel bad about themselves. There's sooo many rude people on here (I guess just like any forum) but this one is made to support.

:heart:
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for giving me something to think about. He has asked me before "what, you want me out your life" usually after he's done something where I should be saying "I want you out my life" instead I say "is that what you want" and when he says no the knot in my throat softens and I feel relieved. I have told myself that if he asks me again, I'd say yes. I'd like to think that I have the strength to say yes. Often I wonder. His cheating is an issue, eventhough I'd like to believe it's a thing of the past, it's VERY hard for me to trust him and yet I still don't want to be without him. I don't want to sound like a glutton for punishment, and I'm not one who asks for advice after B**ching about her man and then defends him....but he's not a bad man. He's a good man and a good father, he's just more needy than I expect a man to be but I've excused a lot of that because of his abandonment issues. But you, MFP friends, are right I do have to do what's best for me and my family. He's my man not my child.

I have said to myself that I should stop chasing a man who doesn't want to be caught. And it was mentioned on one of the post that you can't keep someone who doesn't wants to be kept. I guess I'll have to face the ugly truth.

Good men do not cheat multiple times. Good men don't need their women to make excuses ("abandonment issues") for their bad behavior. Good men do whatever it takes to put food on their kid's plates. Good men do not put ultimatums to their women to quit the established job that put food on their kid's plates when said man had no job in favor of spending more time together. Good men don't start the "Do you want me to leave" bs in order to emotionally manipulate their women. Good men don't start the "Do you want me to leave" bs as soon as they are financially stable and ABLE to leave.

Good men will not make you feel bad about yourself - and if you don't feel bad about him feeling the need to dip his wick in someone else's pool rather than stick with yours, then I don't know see you can have any problems finding a truly good man who not only says he loves you but ACTS like he does too.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options

One I don't know what post you read, but I mentioned nothing of living off of anyone's grandmother at any age. I tend to think that my writings are more comprehensive than that but maybe not???? Second, what I wrote was that I have loved him through a period in his life when he was unemployed, which for clarification was only a matter or months, and that the issue now is TOO MUCH WORKING!

I know I asked for it when I posted something so close to my heart on this forum but REALLY? you would think if you were going to take the time to respond then you would at least take the time to understand to what you are responding.

Thanks to everyone for your positivity and for those who are not so positive, thank you for your honesty. Have a good day, everyone.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

One I don't know what post you read, but I mentioned nothing of living off of anyone's grandmother at any age. I tend to think that my writings are more comprehensive than that but maybe not???? Second, what I wrote was that I have loved him through a period in his life when he was unemployed, which for clarification was only a matter or months, and that the issue now is TOO MUCH WORKING!

I know I asked for it when I posted something so close to my heart on this forum but REALLY? you would think if you were going to take the time to respond then you would at least take the time to understand to what you are responding.

Thanks to everyone for your positivity and for those who are not so positive, thank you for your honesty. Have a good day, everyone.

No no no hun. Some rude girl posted the comment to you that she "can't imagine posting personal stuff on this site" we were defending you telling that negative girl to butt out and to leave you aone. Then the next person was stating that the girl who said she wouldnt" post such personal stuff" was posting last week about living off her grandmother" We were defending you and your choice to post here!!:flowerforyou:
  • chicklidell
    Options
    You lost me at "countless infidelities". I don't even know you, and I know you're worth more than that. Good luck with your decision.

I have to say I agree, a man who cheats, does not respect you , love you or is comitted to you or the family, it's the most selfish thing a person can do. I didn't read past the infidelities, sorry....that just pisses me off. If you forgave that, more power to you, as far as i'm concerned his head should be so far up your a** he can't see daylight, he should be so grateful you took his sorry a** back.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The last time my husband left me over something stupid in anger I helped him pack his bags. He came back after 2weeks and hasn't left since and that was 7 yrs ago. I have never had to worry about infidelity though. I go away for 1 wkend a month and 2-3 wks a year sometimes spaced out sometimes all at once and that keeps him on his toes and helps make him appreciate the things I do and the times I'm home.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options

No no no hun. Some rude girl posted the comment to you that she "can't imagine posting personal stuff on this site" we were defending you telling that negative girl to butt out and to leave you aone. Then the next person was stating that the girl who said she wouldnt" post such personal stuff" was posting last week about living off her grandmother" We were defending you and your choice to post here!!:flowerforyou:

I know that many understand why I came to MFP for support, especially you WildFlower7, you've definitely had my back. I should've been more clear...within the quotes someone says that they "thinking the same thing" that they agree with the first quote. Quote, quote, quote...I guess it does get a little confusing...lol

and that I mentioned something about living off his grandma, really don't understand how they came to that conclusion unless they were looking at two posts at a time.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    They were agreeing with the poster who said that the first poster was rude. The first poster in the quote within the quote within the quote lives with her 82 year old grandmother and she and her fiance are unemployed. The only reason I had any clue is because I actually read the topic where that poster was complaining about a neighbor who didn't help shovel snow.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Perhaps there are relationship websites that would be more supportive in this type of problem than a health topic website like MFP?

Put yourself first...get out or remove him from your life. Love should not take so much energy or pain.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I understand loving a man through all of those hardships, and I think you are a very strong woman. I don't think it's ok for him to expect you to quit your job. Personally, I think you should sit down, tell him everything you've told us....let him know that you love him unconditionally, but that you won't put your family behind the financial 8-ball just because he feels the way he feels. I will get better, as you said.

No matter what choice you make, I hope that everything works out for the best and that you find peace.

<3
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "countless infidelities". I don't even know you, and I know you're worth more than that. Good luck with your decision.

This.

Leave him and find someone who appreciates you. You are capable of giving enormous love to someone, but it should be someone who reciprocates and deserves you.

Furthermore, by sticking around, you are teaching your children this is how a relationship works: man cheats, woman forgives; man expects everything to be done for him, woman gives all she has to make it so.
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    it sounds to me that he has selfish issues and you need self confidence to see the right from the wrong. He needs to grow up and perhaps, he'll become a man. You need to gain confidence and then you'll realize what is love, honesty and integrity.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    So often, people get caught up with the hustle and bustle of real life woes .. working alternating shifts does complicate 'family' life .. no one can argue with that. Sure, it sucks .. but at least you are working and you are both should be commended on your efforts to support your family.

Given this new turn of events with working longer hours, you may have to keep reminding him it is only temporary. The extra money you will earn will help to buy the extras you may not have been able to treat yourself with before or at the very least lighten your financial burden. So, there is a bonus for your effort and his patience.

Attachment or abandonment issues or not ... It's time for him to grow up and do what's right for the family unit .. THIS is not the time to focus on incidental personal issues, or for that matter ... even use that as an excuse to manipulate a situation. THAT is just being selfish.

Not that I don't understand or respect abandonment issues .. they can be very real and incapacitating for some people. What I'm saying is, he should deal with it .. and move on .. It is not fair to hold it over your head to sooth his difficulties.

Partnerships are doomed without compromise ... ALWAYS! There are probably a LOT of people here who can identify with having to do what you have to do when it comes to keeping their job. Crikey .. I'd can't tell you the nights I've gone with no sleep due to my very demanding job ... countless. It's like having a piece of machinery .. Sometimes all works smoothly, and everyone is happy .. then sometimes .. It doesn't, and a little more effort is required to keep it from falling to pieces. Big flipp'n deal! We ALL have to do it .. We all have relationships that suffer because of it .. That's where the compromise comes in yet again.

If you seem to be the only one who is doing the compromising .. it's time to "talk turkey" with him and set out some new ground rules to keep that boat afloat! Don't enable his behaviour. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
  • barbaratanika
    Options
    Can I just say something here? I mean this with all the kindness and love in my heart. I am an old fashioned girl..I am the daughter of a Baptist preacher and a stay at home mom....My dad at times pastored churches that couldnt afford to pay him a salary..He didnt get into the ministry to make money...However even if it meant working three jobs he took care of the six kids that my parents chose to make. My mother only taught private school from time to time so that we could attend for a discounted price. I am married now with five boys of my own. I am fully aware that the world has changed just as the economy has. My husband works doing whatever he can do to fully support our family and he has a broken hip...At times we barely get by...right now is one of those times. But we are a family...we didnt just become a family when we had kids. He and I alone were and are a family in God's eyes as well as our own. There are times when we get frustrated with each other when bills come in and we dont know how we're going to pay them, but whether we sink or swim we do it together. Of course your husband has the "right" to feel however he feels, but the two of you are working to swim because no one has fun sinking. I would just encourage him and also lovingly remind him that you are trying to help your entire family unit be better off financially.....he's a part of that family. Set aside one day a week that no sleep or no work can interfere with. Support him in your words, actions and mostly in your prayers. He will benefit more from your silent prayers to your maker than he will from anything else you do. No matter how much the world has changed the Word of God has not. Men are the providers of the home and even while you support your family...you are still the heart of your home. He needs that from you just as much as your bills need to be paid. I applaud you for all your hard work and your dedication to your family. God Bless and whatever you choose, you are a good woman!

I agree that God needs to be more at the center of your decision. If you all read 5 Love Languages or Fireproof, I think it would give you some good tools to start with. This is not to say that you should continue or discontinue, that is not for us to decide. You should open your heart and increase your relationship with the Father to let Him decide.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry sounds to me like you are and have been putting in more then you are getting out. So I say get out of it. Sounds like your happiness has never been a priority and you have always been the one trying to keep it all together.

Good luck hun ;0)
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am divorced and I have to say that it was the hardest thing I have ever been through. My ex-husband cheated on me after 13 years and then left me for the other woman. I had 2 and 1 year old boys, a full time student and no income. I can't tell you what to do, but I stayed with a man that cheated, worked it out several times and it eventually ended at one of the hardest times in my life to be a single mom. Just don't sell yourself short and be the one to pay for it in the end.

That being said, it was also the best thing for me in the end. I met my husband 2 years after my divorce. He not only loves me, but raises and loves my boys as his own. We now have a daughter together and I am the happiest I have ever been. This time around I knew what I wanted in a person who shared my life. I wanted an honest, loving, responsible person who shares my same goals and values as well as being a good dad. It happened and I am very lucky.

If you work it out, work it out because you think its going to succeed. If you don't think its going to succeed, do what's best for you and your children in the long run. Also ask yourself what kind of role model he is for your kids, then make your decision.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Wow. Are you aware of how ignorant this is? This is a place for support. The name of the message board is "Chit-chat"....it's not YOUR life/problems and you didn't need to respond. Take your negativity somewhere that it doesn't have to be seen by people trying to help and stay positive.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    He is picking a fight to leave you or have a new reason to cheat.