Is a flat tummy possible?

Options
13»

Replies

• cmevans22
    cmevans22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have learned that toxins, which our environment is full of, is the cause of stomach and waist fat. Our liver, which is taxed, produces fat to encapcilate the toxins to protect our other organs. It is the stored toxins and fats that cause us to regain the weight we worked so hard to lose. Rid the body of the toxins and replenish it with the right nutrients to gain lean muscle, with good proteins, and you can easily get rid of the bulge and regain the flat stomach. That is what I did and now my goal is to gain a 6 pak by my 63rd. I'm on my way.

You're joking right? Toxins is not THE cause of stomach and waist fat...That's absurd to say. Having less toxins in your body is definitely beneficial to your health...But it is not the reason for fat in the stomach/waist area. Generally it's the extra food & sitting on the couch all day that are the cause & sometimes certain medications. That's just kind of obvious. -.-

I don't know if you've had children but I know women who exercise and eat healthy and still have a flabby stomach, due to pregnancy. Extra food and sitting on the couch aren't the only things that cause it...neither are certain medications...so it's not obvious. Perhaps you should be a little more considerate in your responses. This community is supposed to be uplifting and supportive...I've noticed a lot of debbie downers and people who are downright rude on here.

The person said generaly....and really, the myths are not helpfull!!!! It was not rude.... and if being supportive is agreeing ....then I am rude

I suppose it was the "You're joking, right?!" and the "That's just kind of obvious. -.-"
    Words like this can give people the wrong idea...as I said, perhaps being a little more considerate in responses would help to get your point across in a more uplifting, supportive matter...instead of condescending. You can disagree and still be supportive. I'm also not just talking about that post because I've seen several on here that come across as rude.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Strenght training and high protein diet was able to do this after 6 pregnancies

6443643851_b54111feda_m.jpg
    Photo by yanicka, on Flickr

Did you have normal deliveries? My doctor told me I would never have a flat stomach again after 2 c-sections because after the second one, I still had a little "roll" over the scar. She said I would need surgery if I ever wanted a flat stomach again. I sorta gave up after that. But if there is truly a way to get a flat stomach without surgery I want to know how to do it.

I can't paste a link here 'cause I'm typing on my phone but earlier today I posted my "post babies post-c-sections" tummy pics in the success stories forum. Yes you can have a flat tummy after c/s.

THANK YOU for posting this!!! Even though I'm working out and losing I have been SO AFRAID that I wouldn't ever lose that extra pooch stuff from having my c-section! Its just like lose jello that drive me crazy!!! I was afraid I was stuck with it until forever! I'm gonna look for your post!!!!! I would appreciate any tips you can give us. Right now I'm doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 and fast-past walking afterward for 30-45 minutes plus watching my calories.....

I'm on my regular computer now, so here's a link to the other thread where I posted my pics:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/462095-post-babies-post-c-section-tummy-pics
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    ideally, overall.

Bodyweight exercises are good if you can't do the gym thing.

What do you mean by 'bodyweight exercises?' I exercise at home as no wheelchair accessible one I can afford (or afford the taxi fees to get there).

Can you give me an idea of some that could be done from sitting in chair (or floor) or on a mat/rug?

Thanks.

p. s I dropped wheat and have lost 34lbs and 13" off tummy, 7 " off waist.. only an inch of my goal waist but still have little tummy.. though it has shrunk loads from what it was (was 48" now 35 ") I've just got into 14's form 20's (UK sizes) but I don't think I'll get any lower in trousers unless I can get my tummy smaller!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    On board with the circuit/strength training. Seems to be the best way to get any sort of result you want. I have a 13 month old and bounced back after a 37 pound weight gain (which is a LOT for a 4'11" person). But I also do straight up cardio 2-3 times a week as well. When you do the circuits, make sure you're not dilly dallying between exercises. You want to keep that heart rate up in the fat burning zone. When you combine the cardio element with the strengthing element, you're bound to see some results. And don't just do the same things over and over again. Make up several workouts and mix it up so you work lots of different muscles and fibers. There are 1093824098234 core exercises out there, so you can get pretty creative. But make sure you are working all your muscles, too. You'll get there!

Thanks!! Inspiring and helpful!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Check this site out. I think it will help overall, not just for your tummy. Many women are afraid to lift heavy weights, but this gives info about strength training, cardio, and what you should be putting in your mouth.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Good luck!

Thanks!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ideally, overall.

What do you mean by 'bodyweight exercises?' I exercise at home as no wheelchair accessible one I can afford (or afford the taxi fees to get there).

Can you give me an idea of some that could be done from sitting in chair (or floor) or on a mat/rug?

Thanks.

p. s I dropped wheat and have lost 34lbs and 13" off tummy, 7 " off waist.. only an inch of my goal waist but still have little tummy.. though it has shrunk loads from what it was (was 48" now 35 ") I've just got into 14's form 20's (UK sizes) but I don't think I'll get any lower in trousers unless I can get my tummy smaller!

Resistance bands bight be good for you!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    ideally, overall.

Thanks.

Resistance bands bight be good for you!

Thanks, I'll look into that. :flowerforyou:
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started "the New Rules of Weightlifting for Women" It goes into detail how much protein you need, sample recipes, and workout plans. I do go to the gym, and if you're a beginner, at least one session with a trainer would be very helpful!

The first month or so is 10 exercises that cycle...Squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, Lat pull down, seated row, step ups, lunges, push ups, and 2 core exercises on a ball. You progressively add weight and decrease your reps to build strength.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Strenght training and high protein diet was able to do this after 6 pregnancies

6443643851_b54111feda_m.jpg
    Photo by yanicka, on Flickr

Which exercises did you do exactly??? I was told (after 7 pregnancies) that I will never lose my belly flab. I have muscle under it, but between the stretched skin and flab ... it's gross and I will never wear a bikini.