Do cheesecake?

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
After many many batches of protein fluff, it was time to move on to mastering cheesecake. Low cal, high protein and customizable, the cheesecake is quite a versatile piece of dessert as I've found.

Last night I created this frumpy, sad looking pumpkin cheesecake.
Entire cake came out to 847 calories, 89g protein, 84g carbs, 11g fat.

photo-3.jpg

Here's tonight's version after making some adjustments. Much more respectable in my opinion.

Macro's for the entire cake are 850 calories, 98g protein, 80g carbs and 14g fat.

photo-4.jpg

Here's to cheesecake and making it a part of your life!

Recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    post the recipe!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious, and very beautiful! I'm definitely going to try it... but before wasting the ingredients just to find I don't like it, about how close to the "real thing" is it?

Thanks a lot!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    Yes do tell the recipe!!!

Does it taste as delicious as it looks? :love:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Would that turn out okay without the protein powder, do you think?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You just made my day. I can't wait to be home for spring break so I can make this!!
  • MCK0257
    Options
    I wish I could decipher your ingredients to make this in Australia :(
  • gp79
    Options
    My wife likes it, which is saying something. I know...subjective. It's not Cheesecake Factory. For the $6 it might cost, It's a risk I'd suggest taking.

Recipe is here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph
  • gp79
    Options
    Looks great! Would that turn out okay without the protein powder, do you think?

Yes it will work without it. If you're worried about the taste, it's not noticeable. Without it it will be slightly creamier / less firm but will still set.
  • dunq13
    dunq13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    looks amazing...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    looks awesome! i cant wait to get to the store to pick up the few things i need for it :D
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh dear god, I think I just found my new must have snack. Mmmm
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Totally going to try this as soon as I run out of chocolate protein powder (that's when I get to buy some vanilla LOL).
  • gp79
    Options
    Totally going to try this as soon as I run out of chocolate protein powder (that's when I get to buy some vanilla LOL).

Use chocolate protein powder, drop the vanilla extract, add some unsweetened cocoa powder and sub half the milk for hot brewed coffee.. Bam! You're well on your way to a chocolate version.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i have nothing to contribute here other than 'yum' and 'bump'
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Use chocolate protein powder, drop the vanilla extract, add some unsweetened cocoa powder and sub half the milk for hot brewed coffee.. Bam! You're well on your way to a chocolate version.

OMG chocolate cheesecake..... DH is going to love you. :-)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

What don't you understand?

fage is greek yoghurt.

alternative for graham crackers:
    Substitutions: Substitute with plain cookie such as vanilla wafers, shortbread, ginger snaps, Marie biscuits, digestive biscuits (British) by Mcvitie's. Graham crackers are made with graham flour
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Love it and I'm going to add some lemon zest to it too.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

16 oz Philly Cream Cheese - Fat Free = (Philadelphia or other cream cheese)
    5 oz. Fage 0% Greek Yogurt - Plain = (No Fat Greek Yoghurt)
    2 large eggs
    1/4 cup Almond Breeze (40 cal) = (Almond milk - maybe a health food store?)
    1/2 cup granulated Splenda - (1:1 replacement with white sugar) = (Sweetener - I've not looked for this is Aus but I'm sure you'll have a version of it)
    1/2 scoop Trutein Vanilla Protein = (Protein Powder - chemist or supermarket)
    2 full sheets - Honey Maid Graham Crackers = (Not checked out Aussie biscuits/crackers, will have a look next time I shop)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Hope that helps a little x
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would totally eat that.
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump!:happy: