Bacon replacement

Options

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Seriously... NEVER replace BACON. Period.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    soy chorizo is yummy!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do my family a mixed grill every week, with bacon, sausage, egg and beans, it's just that bacon is really high in fat, as are the sausages, any ideas for a healthier option that I can eat with the family?
    :noway:

I actually think bacon and sausage are fairly healthy. I consume an entire package of bacon almost every night, sometimes dipping it in real butter, too. My food diary bears this out.

Many people are fat-phobic with the idea that fat in the food automatically becomes stored fat in the body, which, upon closer inspection, is like arguing that tomatoes cause one's skin to become colored red (Dr. Richard Bernstein's analogy, not mine, from his book "Diabetes Solution").

Woah woah....you dip it in butter? I mean, I love bacon and I love butter, but I don't understand this.
  • traciemwood
    Options
    There is NO replacement for BACON.
  • TeeJayBee_xo
    Options
    Use meat-free versions of the bacon & sausages - for example, Quorn - very low in fat & high in protein. & use less oil when frying.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for bacon. That idea is just so wrong.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Replace bacon?! Blasphemy!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    There is NO replacement for BACON.

Get Center Cut Bacon, its lower in fat and is better
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Use meat-free versions of the bacon & sausages - for example, Quorn - very low in fat & high in protein. & use less oil when frying.

But there is SOOOOO much 'stuff' in those. Soy and fillers and gums, etc. I like the taste but I don't like an ingredient list that covers 1/3 of the box.

GO bacon!
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    either i have to live with 1/2 the bacon (say 2 slices instead of 4) or go with turkey bacon, ham..or even a bacon and cheese omelette to get some bacon with too much. i just won't put 360 calories of bacon into my body for breakfast anymore (don't get me wrong..love bacon..could eat a pack at a sitting)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is a scam - more processed and has higher sodium without saving a ton of calories. Go with regular bacon (also, it's the bestest foods ever). A lot of the fat is cooked out of the bacon when it's done properly so it's only about 30 cals a strip. I say go for it. Eat what you want, just moderate your portions :)
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Butterball Turkey Bacon is the BEST!!! )
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    No.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    the replacement for bacon is less bacon... really 2 slices is only 70-100 cals and totally worth it.. turkey bacon is just as high in cals and is super processed and not nearly as amazingly good..

why dont you bring some veggies to grill? bell peppers,asparagus,eggplant,zuchini,ect.. all super yummy when grilled..
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    turkey bacon
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the real thing in moderation...THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR BACON!!!!!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for bacon. That idea is just so wrong.

agree 1000%, either eat it or dont, there is no subsitute
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Not sure where your from, but Morning Star brand has some really tasty options in the freezer section? But there is not substitue for delicious salty bacon! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BACOONNNNNNNN,
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    There is no replacement for bacon, no matter how much processing is done to try to make the imposters taste the same. BUT...as far as sausage patties go, the Morningstar Farms Veggie sausage patties are really good!

I call BS. A good quality turkey bacon is darn near identical to normal bacon. Even when I wasn't dieting a lot of times I'd buy turkey bacon instead. It's delicious.

I respectfully disagree. I've tried several different brands. They smell like bacon, but the taste was not pleasant to me. Lots of people like it, but not me! Blech!

I disagree as well... never have I ever eaten turkey bacon that tasted like pork. Ever. It just makes me mad.