Almond Milk vs Soymilk?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A cup of SO Delicious Almond Milk has 5 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber.

Are you sure there is that much protein in Almond milk, please post nutritional label or info? last few times I had it is was 1 gram or less. the Soy milk has 7-8 grams.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Almond milk have at least 6 grams? When I did drink it for awhile over last summer. not a fan of the texture
  • abskings10
    abskings10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soymilk is very processed and increases estrogen and horrmone levels in the body. Studies have shown the increased Hermes in the body are leading causes of cancer. I.e. breast cancer. I definitely recommend almond milk. Stick to the original flavor instead of vanilla to avoid added sugar. Be sure to check that it is soy free. Can be Biden in the ingredients!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to soy and milk proteins as well...

I actually have rice milk... I might try almond milk one day but I like rice milk at the moment.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Soy doesn't just affect thyroid...it's a mimic for estrogen (the 'female' hormone). Too much of it can actual stimulate cancer growth (but only if the cancer is already present in your body).
    The upside to soy: It's the only plant based source of complete protein, so it doesn't have to be paired with anything to give you all the essential amino acids you need. I personally drink oat milk and get my protein elsewhere (lactose intolerant vegetarian here).
    Almond milk, while I've never had the stuff myself seems like a great option, so unless you have some kind of nut allergy it would probably be good to go with that one. The taste of any of these alternative milks might seem strange at first, but after a week or 2 they'll taste just fine.

Don't we all have cancer present in our bodies? A nurse friend of mine said that soy based products were good for menopause symptoms. I wonder if it is the milk companies that are giving us all the negative feedback. I have tried them all milk, soy and almond milk. Almond milk taste great but has more calories than soy, so I usually dilute it with water. Almond milk makes great smoothies. I like the taste of soy milk. Regular milk has pro's and con's. They have flax milk now, but I haven't tried it. I grew up on goats milk as I was allergic to regular milk. I don't think I like it as a child.