Celebrity Encounters

Options

Replies

• skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I worked at Blockbuster in Baton Rouge and Jason "WeeMan" Acuna from *kitten* came in and rented a movie. Apparently he was dating a girl from here.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I've been very VERY lucky in getting to meet all kinds of celebrities...that's one of the perks of working in radio. I've posted some photos on my Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28122&id=527106525&l=630386ffd9

Feel free to take a look...and even become my "friend" if you so desire (if you do "Friend Request" me, let me know that you're from MFP)

Thanks!

your FB link isnt working for me....

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to copy & paste the link...I can't seem to get the HTML to work properly on here :mad:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

Back when I was about 24, my girlfriend and I went out to eat in a nice little restaurant in Toronto.
    We were having a good time, sipping on our Mango Daiquiris when Mario Van Peebles walks over to our table.
    He introduces himself and asks if he could get us anything.
    My first reaction was like "wow, times must be tuff for him". :laugh: But then our waiter came and he told our waiter that he was just making sure that we were happy.

Rumor was going around that he had been to that restaurant several times that week with a different woman on his arms each time. rolleyes.gif

Stay tuned because someday I'll have a celebrity encounter with Donnie Wahlberg. crush.gif

Hey Mir, have you ever felt, I mean, seen Michael J Fox up there in Canada?

What has Michael J Fox ever done to you! :angry:

Made a time machine out of a DeLorean.

I don't think it was Michael J. Fox that built the time machine... Wasn't it Christopher Lloyd?

(Ha Ha Ha... I burned Maxxie!)
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I've been very VERY lucky in getting to meet all kinds of celebrities...that's one of the perks of working in radio. I've posted some photos on my Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28122&id=527106525&l=630386ffd9

Feel free to take a look...and even become my "friend" if you so desire (if you do "Friend Request" me, let me know that you're from MFP)

Thanks!

your FB link isnt working for me....

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to copy & paste the link...I can't seem to get the HTML to work properly on here :mad:

yeah it doesnt work when i copy and paste either....
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    When I was a kid, we had a cottage on a lake where we spent all our summers. Not a big lake, not a big town. We actually had the house right next door to my cousin's, which was great because we played together all the time. Anyways, one of her friends from school was Sasha Nugent, Ted Nugent's daughter. So, we all played together a few times, and I of course got to meet her dad once or twice. It just wasn't such a big deal that I remember.

I do remember another girl in the group giving Sasha her jean jacket because Bon Jovi was going to be at a party at her dad's house, and the girl wanted Bon Jovi's signatures on it... She got her wish, but everyone really ripped on her when she wore it. Because most of us just treated Sasha and Ted like normal people... which by the way, they were.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    pretty much every NASCAR driver outthere.......I watched a race from Jimmie Johnson's pit with NIck Lashe ...he is just as cute in person.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Long story, but I was on The Queen Latifah Show when she had her talk show so ...I met her. After we filmed our segment we talked to her a little while on stage and she told me I reminded her of someone but she couldn't remember who!! lol On that same show she had Brian McKnight on and I met him backstage while we were both waiting to get our makeup done. He was super nice!! (didn't hit on me though!! lol I was 16 at the time!!) I met Mary Tyler Moore at a Juvenile Diabetes Convention in Washington DC, she was super nice also! The current Miss USA was there too and I met her but I don't even remember her name! It was about 6 years ago! I am trying to think of anyone else. Does one of the Blue Man Group guys count?? :huh: Anyway one of them walked up to me but they dont talk!! lol

Why were you on her show?
    Kind of a long story but my little sister passed away when she was 8 years old due to complications with juvenile diabetes. ( I was about 13) My parents decided to donate 7 of her major organs. She saved 7 people's lives that day. There is a rule that if you or a family member donate an organ you cannot contact the recipient unless they make that contact first, so all we knew was the recipient's age and sex and what organ they received and if they lived. About 2 years after my sister passed we got a call from the show. A little girl named Melissa had received my sisters heart and wanted to meet me, my mom and my brother. She was 7, a year younger than my sister, when she received the heart and had been given only days to live. The show had contacted us unbeknown st to her. ( The producers of the show found her website chronicling everything that had happened to her. ) We came as a surprise. Her and her mother were there under the pretense that they were talking about organ donation awareness. We surprised them on stage and it was awesome. After the show we spent most of the day with their family talking. Melissa is now 18 years old. She graduated High school last year. She is now attending nursing school in Philadelphia where she is from. After she received her new heart she went on to do a special Olympics for organ recipients and also cheer leading. I have her on myspace and facebook and we keep in touch everyday. We have only seen one another in person that one time on the show but I hope to maybe visit her again soon. You see we live in Alabama!! On a side note Brian Mcknight was there to surprise another girl. The show theme was "Dreams come true" or something to that effect. We have never met any of the other recipients of my sisters organs. As far as we know they are all still alive except for a man who passed away recently who had received a kidney. Hopefully this story does not make people feel sad but is an inspiration to all who read it. You all have inspired me in different ways. I hope I can do the same. Thanks for listening!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Now this is the kind of person I would like to meet. Someone who actually makes a difference in people's lives. I could care less about some shallow actor. Give me a real-life hero any day.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Long story, but I was on The Queen Latifah Show when she had her talk show so ...I met her. After we filmed our segment we talked to her a little while on stage and she told me I reminded her of someone but she couldn't remember who!! lol On that same show she had Brian McKnight on and I met him backstage while we were both waiting to get our makeup done. He was super nice!! (didn't hit on me though!! lol I was 16 at the time!!) I met Mary Tyler Moore at a Juvenile Diabetes Convention in Washington DC, she was super nice also! The current Miss USA was there too and I met her but I don't even remember her name! It was about 6 years ago! I am trying to think of anyone else. Does one of the Blue Man Group guys count?? :huh: Anyway one of them walked up to me but they dont talk!! lol

Kind of a long story but my little sister passed away when she was 8 years old due to complications with juvenile diabetes. ( I was about 13) My parents decided to donate 7 of her major organs. She saved 7 people's lives that day. There is a rule that if you or a family member donate an organ you cannot contact the recipient unless they make that contact first, so all we knew was the recipient's age and sex and what organ they received and if they lived. About 2 years after my sister passed we got a call from the show. A little girl named Melissa had received my sisters heart and wanted to meet me, my mom and my brother. She was 7, a year younger than my sister, when she received the heart and had been given only days to live. The show had contacted us unbeknown st to her. ( The producers of the show found her website chronicling everything that had happened to her. ) We came as a surprise. Her and her mother were there under the pretense that they were talking about organ donation awareness. We surprised them on stage and it was awesome. After the show we spent most of the day with their family talking. Melissa is now 18 years old. She graduated High school last year. She is now attending nursing school in Philadelphia where she is from. After she received her new heart she went on to do a special Olympics for organ recipients and also cheer leading. I have her on myspace and facebook and we keep in touch everyday. We have only seen one another in person that one time on the show but I hope to maybe visit her again soon. You see we live in Alabama!! On a side note Brian Mcknight was there to surprise another girl. The show theme was "Dreams come true" or something to that effect. We have never met any of the other recipients of my sisters organs. As far as we know they are all still alive except for a man who passed away recently who had received a kidney. Hopefully this story does not make people feel sad but is an inspiration to all who read it. You all have inspired me in different ways. I hope I can do the same. Thanks for listening!!

Okay, this made me cry...this is an incredible story! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I sat one seat down from President Jimmy Carter at the 3D muppet show at Disney World. There was a 20 minute delay letting us into the show, and it was because he, his family, and their security team had to go in first. It just so happend I was ushered down his row. I was only 8 at the time and didn't know him, but my Dad introduced himself, and we both shook his hand.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

hmmm i dont have much...
    im related to Jean-Sebastian Giguere from the anaheim mighty ducks hockey team... for you hockey fans....

Hey jackeh, do me a favor.... at the next family event and tell your cousin my husband really wants him to go to Detroit. OK,,,did my good need for the hubby today//:tongue:

My funniest story, I literally ran face first into some guys chest in a club in Vegas, and I'm fairly tall 5 8". Kept walking back to my table after mumbling excuse me, my friends asked did I notice who I ran into...Literally ran into Dennis Rodman...
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

hmmm i dont have much...
    im related to Jean-Sebastian Giguere from the anaheim mighty ducks hockey team... for you hockey fans....

Hey jackeh, do me a favor.... at the next family event and tell your cousin my husband really wants him to go to Detroit. OK,,,did my good need for the hubby today//:tongue:

My funniest story, I literally ran face first into some guys chest in a club in Vegas, and I'm fairly tall 5 8". Kept walking back to my table after mumbling excuse me, my friends asked did I notice who I ran into...Literally ran into Dennis Rodman...

Was he wearing the same outfit as you? :wink:
    Rodman is crazy!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

hmmm i dont have much...

Was he wearing the same outfit as you? :wink:
    Rodman is crazy!

Good Lord no...I have a teny bit more fashion sense...I hope..
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I ran into George Strait at a gas station. (He lives in San Antonio)
    I rubbed Pat Green's arm :blushing:
    Was he as nice as he seems?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

*Hugs* Thanks for sharing. :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Now this is the kind of person I would like to meet. Someone who actually makes a difference in people's lives. I could care less about some shallow actor. Give me a real-life hero any day.

I'm sure not all actors are shallow. Ted Nugent (my celebrity rub) is very down to earth. Knows common sense when he sees it, and ummmm.... Gosh, I was a kid, I don't know.... lol

List your real life hero that you've bumped into. Many real life heros become celebrities themselves...
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options

Such an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. My son was born needing a small bowel and liver transplant so I love hearing stories like this....actually brought a tear to me eye!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I went to a party at a directors house and spent most of the party chit chatting with this extremely good looking guy. He invited me out for coffee "some time". I had to decline (my then boyfriend might have objected :laugh: ). Anyhow, come to find out he is an egyptian actor and has been on Lost, CSI, 24 and a few other shows.

(After the breakup, I regret not taking him up on the coffee date :laugh: )
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    hi ive shaken hands with Queen of England and sat beside Julia Roberts on a flight from Mexico
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I went to a party at a directors house and spent most of the party chit chatting with this extremely good looking guy. He invited me out for coffee "some time". I had to decline (my then boyfriend might have objected :laugh: ). Anyhow, come to find out he is an egyptian actor and has been on Lost, CSI, 24 and a few other shows.

(After the breakup, I regret not taking him up on the coffee date :laugh: )

My actor "friend" with Naveen Andrews on the set of LOST

naveen_marc.jpg

*sigh* so yummy! :love: