Sixers Love Yourself Challenge- Week 6

Options

Replies

• REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    Lauryn. I am so sorry to hear that. So many people are getting laid off at work and it really s*cks... but we are here for you!!!! :flowerforyou: HUGS.

pedal. i bumped up my calories too / don't work out as much... but for some reason it seems to be what my body needed to get past 150... now i am @ -1lb / week ... and i feel better too... the body is amazing...

bunny. hello!!! :flowerforyou:

kristin. cute... fun baby stuff! how exciting. :smile:

one exam down one more to go... chemical oceanography. yuck. i am so bad at chem... but on a positive note i got a 100 on by biological oceanography exam... so i'm happy :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Had a big plate of cake and chips out. Ate most of it. Then I started crying. Turns out my throat can only manage swallowing or crying, not both at once. The food lost out. Then I started reading posts here and PMs and cried a little more. Now I feel a little sickly for stuffing my face but glad I've stopped. It wasn't any more damage that I would have done at a shower, eating cakes and chips.

I'm okay. (deep breath). I am okay.

You guys are great. :flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, so sorry to hear the bad news. You'll make, I know lots of people out there finding ways to make it. Hang in there girl. At least you have some time to look before your last day. Who know's you could find a better job before then.

Well, working on cleaning around the house. Talk to ya's later.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lauryn

I'm sorry to hear that... I will be praying for you. You are right God always makes a way...

REDSOXFAN13 Congrats on that 100!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Tiff, looking great! Honey, where the heck are you going to find those 34lbs?!?!?! :noway: :wink: :flowerforyou:

I tried Zumba tonight (video) - it was so much fun!! And for a home work-out, I burned a lot (net 373 cals in 46 min). I think I need to re-check my resting calories though. Perhaps I'll do that tonight while I read in bed. I went over my calories today by a fair bit but I'm under maintenance so I should be okay. I ended up not being able to get a couple of the things that I'd planned on having today so the day was a little messed up. But, it was pretty healthy foods and I wasn't over because I binged or anything so I don't count it the same way as if it were a "bad choice". I feel good about today! :happy:

Tomorrow I'm going swimming with my kiddos and that's about the extent of my plans. My one knee has really been hurting me - I twisted it a little the other day and it's feeling jarred. I haven't run since ...hmm... several days ago anyway. I really want to and it's driving me nuts but I don't want to push it and hurt my knee further since they're already so sensitive. I'm considering getting a support sleeve for my knee for when I run outside and I can't control the surface and slope conditions - I know that makes it a lot harder on the knees.

Well, have a great day tomorrow everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    pedal. i hope your knee gets better... but i would take it easy for a few days... swimming is great though... less pressure on your knees and just as good of a workout... congrats on having a good day.. i did as well ... so good in fact that i knew i would be down from tuesday... and i was 145.6!!!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

gonabfit. you look amazing!!! if i looked that good already i would be finished :happy:

lauryn. once again we are here for you!!! and just yell (internet style) :laugh: if you need anything...:heart:

nellienell. hey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 202 PROGRESS -8.2
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 146.4 LBS PROGRESS -2.0 LBS
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 186.5 lbs Progress -5 lbs
    Brittany
    SW 220 lbs / GW 210 lbs / CW 219 lbs Progress -1Lbs
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 166 lbs Progress +6.5 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 178.4lbs Progress +0.8 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 159 lbs Progress +/- 0 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 210 lbs Progress -0.5 lbs
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 210.0lbs Progress -8.0 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs. PROGRESS +0.4 lbs.

Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 167 Progress -5 lbs
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW148.6 Progress -4.8 lbs
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress -4.0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 188 lbs Progress -3.5 lbs
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 200 lbs Progress -11 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 187.8 lbs Progress -6.6 lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0

Hey all --
    Just wanted to let you know I'm alive, just still out of town so I don't know how much I will be on until I am home Sunday.

Lauryn, So sorry!!!!! Hang in there dear, you are one strong lady!!!

I like the name of the next challenge, sounds great!

Hopefully be back later!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    @Robin- your cakes are soo nice! I didn't eat a 1/4 cup and I deffinently didn't eat any fondant lol that stuff is soooo gross. and actually I didnt have any of the cake I gave it to my boyfriend and his buddies to demolish. We are baking the actual cakes tonight, decorating tomorrow! I will try and post pictures! ^_^

@Rhiannon those last minute slip ups suck! unfortunately I had a huge slip up last night.. or maybe I didnt I am SOO confused about it right now read my comments in a second to try and understand

@Lauryn- Im so sorry about ur job hun!!! I've been there though, and you are right god will certainly open a window.. I lost my full time nannying gig about six months back. I was devestated because they chose their old nanny over me, and the only nanny ran away to vegas with her gambling addicted boyfriend over a nice stable job. So I took a week or so to myself then started the search. And now I work as a full time manager for my mothers store in Grand Blanc and love it! I mean this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I have a lot of fun, I enjoy the people I meet, and some of them have given me other opportunities (ive picked up four babysitting families from it!)

Okay. So my last.. I dk.. 15 hours have really really really sucked.
    I was doing wonderful until about an hour before I got off work yesterday.
    My stomach started hurting really badly.
    So went home and took a small nap hoping it was just sleep deprivation. not so much. Instead I have extreme cramps(totally immobilizing) from a period I no longer get from an IUD I had put in. This really sucks. and to make it worse I went over my calories yesterday and I didnt walk/exorcise at all, and I didnt drink all my water. I just had a TERRIBLE evening. I went to bed at like 9 and didn't wake up till my boyfriend shook me awake to tell me it was 9:50 and I was going to be massively late for work (need to be at work by 10 and its half an hour away.)

So my day/night sucked.. and I gained back like all 3 pounds I lost.(yes I weighed myself yesterday morning and i had lost a full three pounds!!!) . I have NOOO idea how.. but I did. I dont know if it is water weight due to bloating or if I honestly gained back that much from the food I ate, which the reason I went over is because I had two Tomato, avacado, turkey sandwhiches on Wheat instead of just one putting me over by like... 300 calories... So tonight I am forcing myself to the gym cramps or not. I cannot sit around the house eating, and feeling sorry for myself.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    God i feel terrible.

<3
    B

p.s. sorry for the novel!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Brit, in order to gain 3 lbs you would have to consume10,500 calories above what your body requires to maintain. Weight can fluctuate up to 5-10lbs with water, sodium intake, lack of water intake... It's really important to try to shift your perspective about your weigh-ins to such that you are looking for a trend over time and not fixating on one particular number or only one number after the next. Also, to a degree you need to honour your body's messages. If you are feeling a lot of pain and it hurts when you work out, please find an alternative (like not relying on any workout calories and giving your body a chance to recover from whatever ails it presently). Sometimes working through something (like a mild cold or some natural exercise-induced muscle stiffness) is a good thing. But if you force yourself to workout in circumstances where something is really bothering you it's very very easy to cause another injury because you will be compensating during movements with muscles that aren't being engaged properly or you will simply place too much demand on your body. (I'm a personal trainer.)

AmyLou, great to see you on here!

RedSox, congrats on a better number on the scale! I'm down again today too. Nice feeling!!

Well, off to get ready for the day!
    Hi everyone... And CATHY, hope you're okay!! Where are you?!?!?!?!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Pedal Hound you're down another pound! Congrats! PH and Red Sox Thanks for the compliments!

The bikini pic is actually me 13 pounds ago ! :-) But I like it and am embarrasing myself*lol* / putting it out there for motivation to keep going! I was about 138-140 in that picture and my goal has always been 115-120 because I am only 5'1 and want to stay within the lower part of my BMI so i can hopefully stop taking blood pressure pills and be healthier *hereditary high BP, that the docs say my weight doesn't contribute to.. but I know it is better on my heart if I weigh less* . But.... I was so stressed from med school my first year I totally went in the opposite direction and ended up gaining weight and losing some of my muscle. I now am back to lifting weights and continuing my cardio so I should see some improvement in my weight and body fat!

I am proud of the fact that today I chose NOT to go to the Hibachi for lunch even though I wanted to b/c I am trying to stay within my calories. I think it's hilarious that I'm in medical school and clearly know a lot about the science behind all this stuff... BUT the details of how many calories I need to actually LOSE weight in real life and not just on paper is still confusing to me! LOL. Pedal Hound you seem to have the calorie equation under control HELP! All help is appreciated! I haven't been able to normalize my caloric eating yet.... sometimes its 1300, 1700, 1500, etc... I'm working on doing better though! :-)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Second day with no Cathy? Nell, is she ok?

gonabfit, wowza on the picture! I could only hope to look so good in a bikini some day!

Brittany, I agree with Rhiannon, don't worry so much about a fluctuation. I myself weigh every day, but I also don't beat myself up if I see a jump, and I don't get excited over a drop, until it's been there for a couple of days. As you continue down the healthier eating road, you'll get a feeling for when it's a true gain or not.

Rhiannon, good for you to know when you need to take time to recover.

Amylou, RedSox, Tamm.... Hello to all of you, and to everyone else I missed!

Cub scout dinner last night... Food was catered, mexican... I love me some mexican, but this was not good food! I covered it in salsa and sourcream, and even scooped the runny refried beans on top of the chicken enchiladas, and it still didn't taste good. At least I know I didn't run over on my calories:laugh: :laugh:

I have a cake to do myself tonight (just finished the one for the kids for the scout cake auction--well, they did about half of it, and I finished it off because they had homework.). This one is for the low income housing community center, for the monthly birthday celebration they have. I'm a little on the bitter side about it right now, because I normally charge 50 to 100 (depending on size and what they want.... Oh, and friends and family get the $20 special rate:wink: ), and I do these cakes for free. The last time they called, they told me that there's more kids coming, so could I do a larger cake? And then added that they don't care for the fondant, so would I keep that in mind. I've never done a cake that was completely covered in fondant for them, the one time I did fondant, I made a bow out of it, and made the cake look like a gift wrapped box. It was only fondant accents, not covered in it. And the cake is free, why would they dream of being picky? Sorry, I get kind of pissy about it, because if all they want is a plain frosted cake, I'd be more than happy to do that. But they don't want plain frosted, they call me, because they want the cool looking cakes, but then try to limit what I do.... Sorry I'm snarky, I just am venting, ignore me :ohwell: :ohwell:

Hope you're all having a good day, tomorrow is Friday!
    Robin
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    been reading.......
    having major medication issues.......BP meds maybe causing me this swelling. i woke this morning with a swollen left lip. by the time i left the allergies office my right side was swelling up. i had major side effects from what the stupid doctor gave on sunday, headaches, dizzy, constipation, bi**chy, insominia, sore muscels, tired, etc. anyway got in to see my allergiest and he can't test me for anything because i have been on so much antihistamines. anyway he doesn't really know what is causing these swellings. he said sometimes you can just swell up and it goes away. he said as long as it itches it makes it better, no worries. if it didn't itch he would be running lots of tests. anyway he said it also could be caused by my BP meds. which i have to stay on because that's what protects my kidneys with the diabetes. so we are in a catch 22. i go back in a month and we will set up the big allergy test. i have to be off my meds for 10 days. so i need to prepare for that time frame, and some things have to be watched.
    i have to drink out of a straw now until the swelling goes down. i am on high doeses of antihistamines right now. i think it's like 400mg from 2 different kinds.

congrats to all the losers. better stay same than gain to the maintainers, gainers it will come off. we flucuate so much in water and that.
    lauryn...sorry for the news. something better is waiting for you.

need to get some kind of exercise in. haven't done any for 3 days now. don't feel good about that. eating has been soso.

later :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Cathy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh Cathy, I hope the swelling and terrible side effects go away soon!! FEEL BETTER!!! :flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    ~ Cathy feel better! "

Good news I worked off the calories. Although strength training was easier tonight then walking/elliptical.. but things are better. you except the part about me having 4 papers due in various college courses tomorrow and me not being able to finish them at all because my Microsoft 2007 expired today.. so basically pardon my language ladies I am F***ED! ..

gnight yal I hope you had good days!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey There Ladies!!!

Today was NOT a good day at work! They came from Atlanta to Va to fire our best dental assistant because they say he filled a prescription in his name. SO NOT LIKELY!!! I felt SAD the rest of the day. I have a big problem when people don't do whats morally right first. Instead of getting the proof first, they fired him and said now you prove it. There is no way I can stay longer than a year with this company. My morals and how I treat people just don't go hand and hand with the company. I would lose my job standing up for someone who I trusted.

Plus. note... I woke up 2lbs lighter today! That's a pleasant surprise. YAY!!!

Lauryn- God's love is all around you!!! You have enough time to find a better job. I'm sorry it happened to you but you are a wonderful woman and you will succeed with your next job too!

Rhiannon- I am sooooo jealous. Where did you find a zumba DVD. I'm a dvd junkie and I need that one too!!! LOL

Cathy- I hope you feel better

Bunny- Glad to see you are doing well

B- Enjoy yourself and just continue to workout it will get better!!!

To all others.... BEST WISHES. I just want you all to know .... WE WILL REACH OUR GOALS ONE POUND AT A TIME.

Take care ladies,

Tamm:heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    HOW did I forget my one and only sister..... TIFFANI!! Sorry sweety! Long day!! I read your post... glad you are writing more. I know you are busy and congrats on the weight lifting. I need to get that together quickly. Love ya

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Feel better soon Cathy! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Cathy, feel better!!

Amy, good luck tomorrow!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    your in my thoughts today pdx.....good luck.....

no swelling this morning. have granddaughters today. already got in a c25k here at home before they get here. haven't done any exercising all week. scale up 2#s. fine i know with all this medication crap it's messing with my body, and potty issues :blushing:. all good.

need to shower and dress. girls want me to take them shopping. and maybe visit shanell at work today.

later :heart: