I have a weird question

Options
124»

Replies

• bonnie37204
    Options
    not weird at all, Soup is very easy to make and I use fat free no added sodium broth and just add chicken lots of veggies, and it is much better than a can
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I blot pizza! It makes me feel better eating it! lol
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would blot to save calories and because all the oil is just nasty (sure does make the pizza taste good though! ;-) Pizza is my weakness.... OK, one of them....the BIGGEST one! As for the broth, yeah, less sodium is a great thing, especially if you don't miss it! I probably wouldn't log any differently though... I"d rather err on the side of deducting too many calories than not enough. Great work, keep going! Veronica
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think you should be buying better pizza and soup. Unless it's with pepperoni, a pizza really shouldn't be greasy unless they are using a low-quality "cheese product" and there are lots of excellent lower-sodium soups out there that have more flavor.

Bingo.
    Beyond buying better foods, have you considered making them yourself? Homemade pizza and soups happen on a weekly basis at my house. They are surprisingly easy to make.
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    its not weird..its normal..i know this because i do the same thing! haha...have you tried making your own soup and pizzas so thats its healthier?...then no skimming or soaking!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    If you blott the grease off, what do the hot pepper flakes and parmesean cheese stick to?
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think every little bit helps and there is no reason to eat things you don't miss.

I don't miss brussel sprouts...does that mean i can skip eating them!? hehe

LoL, I don't miss them either

I used to loathe the sprout with a passion, and then I learned how to bake them and OMG they're good that way! Toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil, some crushed garlic and a bit of salt, and bake them at 400°F for 35-40 minutes. They turn crunchy on the outside and totally tender on the inside, and they're gorgeous!

Going to the market - will try baking the sprouts tonight - thanks!
  • AMaro215
    AMaro215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is something to try, I will get my mothers recipes and try to make them myself. I don't change the calories when I soak up the grease or drain out the broth :) I am over on my sodium a lolt though so I wonder if me doing this when I eat chicken noodle soup if I am actually under but just don't know it...Soup is my weakness, I love it!!! Pizza is probably a once every two week thing(its hard when you have a fiance who wants it every week)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't like overly greasy things either. I have always blotted pizza, and anything fried. Not fond of oily salad dressings either. Been doing it since I was a kid. I don't try to adjust my calories, I figure it is better to over estimate a bit.

I prefer to make my own soups and freeze them. Then I can season to my taste and add no extra salt.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    On the sprouts thing...
    I love them as they are, including raw.
    But, if you're not so keen and are in a hurry just slice them a bit and throw them in a dry, hot frying pan. They go crispy, slightly charred if you like them like that. Taste nutty and delicious. Dry frying works for so many veg, and there's no grease. Simple.:tongue: