Seriously?!

Options
I'm seriously ready to start the diet pills again. Yeah I was a jittery crazy person but it actually WORKED. I've been doing the diet and excercise thing the healthy way for 5 weeks and lost only 3 pounds. Then when I weighed myself this morning I gained 5 lbs since my last weigh in. I'm seriously discouraged beyond reason. This is why I had an eating disorder in the first place becuase diets never worked for me. I'm so pissed.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    seriously!?
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No stay away from the pills! They are terrible for you even if they work. It's just a temporary solution. Long term you need to be eating healthy and working out. Eat less, move more!

How has your eating been? Are you eating enough? Too much? Have you been working out?

Could the weight gain be water retention from your cycle?
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    Have you been doing measurements?? I have about a 5 pound flux but when I measure I see the progress. Just a thought....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Educate yourself on healthy eating and portion control. It may take longer but at least you'll be able to do it forever. Unless you plan to take diet pills forever?
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I never thought of doing measurements... I just went off birth control and this will be my first cycle all naturale. My eating has been good. Always under 1500 calories. Think I might just lower it down to 1200.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    DIet pills teach you nothing. Unless you intend on taking them for the rest of your life you will likely regain any weight you lose using them if your habits do not change.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I never thought of doing measurements... I just went off birth control and this will be my first cycle all naturale. My eating has been good. Always under 1500 calories. Think I might just lower it down to 1200.

So, it never occurred to you that because you're off birth control you may gain weight as your body is changing back to normal?
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks before I started to see any weight loss, but I had some NSVs like my jeans fit better. You have to persevere and remind yourself that even though you aren't seeing results exactly when YOU want them, it doesn't mean you're not making big strides. Hang in there and don't look for a quick fix because in my experience, the weight comes back on as fast as it came off.
  • beatleschic87
    Options

So, it never occurred to you that because you're off birth control you may gain weight as your body is changing back to normal?

Well I gained 10 pounds when I went on BC so going off of it I thought naturally it would come off again.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Some diet pills give you worms.

From your picture, you look small enough that it might take you a little longer to see results.

Don't get discouraged - keep pressing on. :)
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options

Try it out. I have been working out and doing my lifestyle change for 5-6 weeks now and I have only lost 6 lbs BUT I have lost 12.25 INCHES!! So deff look into it!!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Keep netting 1500, exercise, drink lots of water and watch sodium. This gain is probably water weight or bloating due to your body adjusting. Trust your body!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Stick with it!! I promise you WILL see results and you will feel so proud and accomplished. Focus on eating the best you can and getting in at least some excerise whenever you can and over time add more time to your workout. I promise you doing it the right way will work!! No diet pills! I believe in you for sure but it will take hard work and will power!!
  • beatleschic87
    Options
    Some diet pills give you worms.

From your picture, you look small enough that it might take you a little longer to see results.

Don't get discouraged - keep pressing on. :)

I look small enough? Wow thank you. I'll keep trying, I will. It's just getting over this slump is hard.
  • wyndestalker
    Options
    <.< Not really a topic I know anything on but I know my wife avoids the scales at all possible when it comes to that "special" week of the month. Due to the water gain and such it is a terrible idea to do your weight check and measurement check at that time. It is a complete downer.
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't use the diet pills, I did off and on during my life and it messed up my system...now I'm on daily thryoid medication. I've been on MFP since 1/9 and my weights varies from one to three pounds up or down daily. I'm told to eat the amount of calories required and drink lots of water. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Deleted
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    let's see that diary....
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Listen and please don't get angry. I just read your profile. You need to stay away from the diet pills. It is not the answer and can be addicting. You just got off of BC (trying to have a baby?) The last thing you need is to be on pills if you get pregnant. And you can gain weight by getting off of them as your body is adjusting. It takes time to lose weight. You gotta do it right or you will always gain it back. Work out more and how is your food diary? Maybe open it up so those who can help can see what you are eating.
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are only a short term solution for one problem...food addiction. To help curb the appetite for a short time so that you can get a handle on over eating. So, if you are already eating healthy you dont really need them! :) Good for you!

Review what you are eating... sugar & carb counts. Make sure to drink LOTS of water. Maybe try switching up your exercise routine.

I know it is discouraging...but stick with it! You will get results :)