Seriously?!

Options

Replies

• barcher1958
    Options
    Seriosly? Please don't even suggest Meth. My daughter was a drug addict and lost everything and I mean everything. Including her kids. You are kidding yourself if you believe that. If you want to die, go ahead.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home, do meth.

Looking at OP's profile, I think this joke was kind of in poor taste. :flowerforyou:
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Track all your food if you haven't. Make sure you are tracking accurately. Open up your diary for everyone to see. You really don't want to get yourself in the diet pill rut. You will just hurt yourself in the long run.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the people who tried to help rather than reprimand... I will try drinking more water, weighing myself less, taking measurements... this experience is fairly new to me. I appreciate all your support.

To all the people trying to reprimand me for sharing how I feel, go away. You aren't doing anyone any favors. This website is here for support not bullying. I pity you.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously ready to start the diet pills again. Yeah I was a jittery crazy person but it actually WORKED. I've been doing the diet and excercise thing the healthy way for 5 weeks and lost only 3 pounds. Then when I weighed myself this morning I gained 5 lbs since my last weigh in. I'm seriously discouraged beyond reason. This is why I had an eating disorder in the first place becuase diets never worked for me. I'm so pissed.

And pills are going to help you how, exactly? Other then maybe finally making sure that you'll never have an weight issue again? Because, let's be honest, once your body is decomposing there will be nothing but loss.
    Seriously, there is no magic solution to weight loss - and pills are certainly not the way.
    So it's slowly and it will take time, sometimes you gain again, but at least you learn about food and healthy living if you do it right.
    On the other hand, if for the rest of your life you want to depend on medication... I just think you are doing yourself much more of a favour if you try stiking to a healthy diet, skip the pills and continue working out. We all have those days when things are just not working out at all. But unfortunately such is life. I am sure you can do it without pills, listen to the others, they've given you retty good advice.
    And if that is any help, I've lost, then I gained, now I am losing again...
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you've just come off of BC, give your self some time off from weigh-ins. The fluctuation in hormones can do crazy things to your body. Let your body readjust. It can also effect your mood - I'm not saying your feelings aren't legitimate, 'cuz I know damn well they are, but coming off the pill can make you feel worse about yourself than you would have otherwise felt.

Also, and I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way ('cuz after all I'm a stranger on the internet), but I noticed in your profile that you've had issues with addiction in the past. Diet pills can sometimes be dangerous - you use them to try and control some aspect of your life, and then you end up in the mindset that you "have" to take them because they're the only thing that works. You've already proven you don't need to rely on foreign substances to be yourself and kick *kitten* at life by kicking your addiction - you don't need more pills to help you lose weight!

You look great in your pictures. Don't let a number on a scale going up (or not going down fast enough) make you feel bad about yourself! I bet you're losing inches and not even realizing it.

Rock on lady!

Thank you so much. You don't offend me at all. I put that on there so people know where I'm coming from. Thank you for your support.
  • spencerp2122
    Options
    I use oxyelitepro once a day everyday! I feel fantastic they don't make me jittery but i am energized. Along with a healthy eating plan and those they work fantastic!!
  • kmp411
    kmp411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Remember, as you increase exercise, you will gain weight... but it is muscle weight- not fat.

No its not muscle weight, it's water
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    Go big or go home, do meth.

LMFAO :drinker:
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! I know this is a hard journey, but..jusy stay focused and grounded and things will fall into place. You have come along way I'm sure, Keep your head UP. Exercise exercise and more...and drink the heck out of some water. IT will come off. Eventually.
  • kmp411
    kmp411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Rome was not built in a day.... so the weight may not fall off as quickly as you like, but it WILL..give it time

Plus if you just started in the BC, that could also contribute to the sudden gain.
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You need to quit looking at numbers and think about HEALTH. Keep counting your calories, exercise, drink water and quit being so hard on yourself. Sometimes our bodies change before the scale does.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    you're in the process of getting sober, of letting your body remember how it's supposed to work. i know what that's like, i've been there. it'll frak you up for a while. but let me put it this way: why would you take a pill when you're trying to live clean? take the time to let your body remember what it's supposed to do. diet pills are counter-productive to this.

go to meetings. log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. drink your water. move more. repeat.

i swear to you that it works.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    First of all, looking at your picture, it does not look like you need to lose a tremendous amount of weight, so that is one reason it is going slow. Second you say you just got off the pill another reason for fluid retention and change in your metabolism, it could take a few weeks for your body to get adjusted. And third you said you were just released from the hospital after a drug and alcohol addiction treatment and you are talking about diet pills. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!! those are drugs and your body WILL get addicted to them. All you will gain after a short lived weight loss is a screwed up metabolism and possibly other negative side effects (which BTW do not necessarily show up until years later) Do yourself a favor if you want to enjoy years of happiness with your friend, take the healthy route. Be patient, you are young, you are pretty. Built a lifetime plan you can stick with, instead of a scheme for instant gratification.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    And if diet pills works so good, why are you here now?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the people who tried to help rather than reprimand... I will try drinking more water, weighing myself less, taking measurements... this experience is fairly new to me. I appreciate all your support.

To all the people trying to reprimand me for sharing how I feel, go away. You aren't doing anyone any favors. This website is here for support not bullying. I pity you.

I think people were just bothered by the fact that after 5 weeks of healthy eating and it not going exactly as you had planned you were ready to just jump back to diet pills. There are people on here who have been here for a year or so and are still working off their weight. It's not an over night kind of thing, it takes a lot of time and a lot of hard work, especially for someone like yourself who doesn't even appear to need to lose that much weight, it's going to be harder.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Educate yourself on healthy eating and portion control. It may take longer but at least you'll be able to do it forever. Unless you plan to take diet pills forever?

Bingo. What are your goals? Long term, healthy lifestyle maintenance of a quick drop in a few pounds? Gaining all that weight took time, so will losing it. You're making changes and your body is going to take time to adjust to those changes as well.

It's your choice, of course, but I hope you don't take the "easy" way out.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    DON't DO IT!! It's not worth it!! Anything worth something isn't easy to achieve!! Don't hurt your body in such a way!! Weight loss isn't a fad or a diet, it's a lifestyle change and it's not gonna happen overnight. I've working my *kitten* off for months and months and effin months to lose 32 lbs. Don't do it, just dont
  • gailashton
    Options
    Don't even go there. I've lost over 100 pounds 3 times, the first 2 times battling an eating disorder, both bulimia and anorexia. This is the first time in my life that I truly have control and I can do, I am doing it. I'm only 9 pounds away from my goal. When I think of all the horrible things I have done to abuse my body and feel blessed to be here today. I feel younger, stronger and happier than ever. If I can do it, you can do it. The quick fix never lasts, it is just that. Which is why I put the weight back on every time. You can only sustain diets, eating disorders and other bad habits for so long before you give up or they kill you. You make the choice, I hope it's the right one. You are strong, you control your destiny - you can do it the right way! Look at the rest of us! LOL
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Even if a diet pill works, you will gain it back using that method, it is a temporary solution. Are you going to stay on them permanently? If you want to actually lose weight and be healthy. Learn to eat healthy, realize it is not overnight magic and takes time, and exercise. Health, weight management, and fitness are a life time commitment.