Seriously?!

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    And you didn't gain 5lbs in a week. Unless you ate 1500 calories extra per day. Relax.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    May I vote no?

There are many other things to try first. And the scale sucks. Measure. Get a bf% monitor. Play with dif calories. Get others' opinions on your diary. Add weights. Change up your exercise. So many other options to try first. Esp if you have ED history.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Give it 8 weeks. Start today. 1500 calories + exercise ( and not a crazy amount, either )

As a recovered, now fat anorexic, I seriously get where you are coming from. Wanna be a skinny *****y human again? I don't. I want to be a loving wife & mother to my children. I cannot be that on pills. I CAN be that on exercise.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    but it actually WORKED
    no, it didn't....
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    open up you diaries and we can analyze it better for you :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    First, throw that damn scale out! Its a liar!! Unless you are measuring bodyfat % you don't know how well you are doing. I can make myself swing almost 10 pounds up in a day and none of it is fat.

Just keep at it, its a lifelong journey so just stay on it.
  • adockins1
    Options
    Remember, as you increase exercise, you will gain weight... but it is muscle weight- not fat.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    How about you give it a little more than five weeks, don't weigh yourself very often, and let us see what you're eating. I can guarantee you didn't gain five pounds overnight.

But hey, if you're into the easy way out, go ahead and get those diet pills.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    DIet pills teach you nothing. Unless you intend on taking them for the rest of your life you will likely regain any weight you lose using them if your habits do not change.
    Absolutely, I agree.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    do what you want really .....

You know we are all going to say not to take them

If you would like actual advice and will take it then ask.

If you want to poison your body be my guest
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what to do, but I know you can lose weight without diet pills! I went from the 120's to 200's with both my pregnancies & lost weight (weight loss in progress with my daughter born a few months ago). That is two small I children I lost. lol!

You can do it! Just live in the moment. Yes I want to lose 20 - 30 pounds by April, but if I don't SO WHAT! The models on tv don't control my view of myself. And if I see a skinny woman in public I say to myself how hard did she work to get that body? Think positive. Buy clothes that make you look good in the present. Just a few tips for along the way.

Don't beat yourself up. You are not alone. Trust me.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home, do meth.
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    If you feel like you absolutely must use some sort of diet aid, try slimshots. They are made of all natural ingredients and suppress your appetite pretty well. They are not a pill. It is a little cup that looks like a coffee creamer full of liquid. I use them on occasion, but I haven't needed to here lately. I have found that by eating alot of natural fresh foods, and no processed foods, I haven't had as much craving for junk. And also exercising at the gym takes my appetite away.

I am sure you can do it. I hope you don't quit.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I thought about adding diet pills for about 3 seconds..and changed my mind. I have a heart murmur that could get aggravated with that much caffiene in those pills. I am serious..I have an expresson and I am bouncing off the walls being super annoying.

I try not to step on the scale near that week. My body does all sorts of funny stuff.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    do what you want really .....

You know we are all going to say not to take them

If you would like actual advice and will take it then ask.

If you want to poison your body be my guest

THIS!!!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    let's see that diary....

This!
  • barcher1958
    Options
    Don't get upset!! You can do this. Don't get discouraged. I have only been dieting for three weeks and it is hard. This is the first time I've ever had to and I am soooooooo hungry all the time. But I keep in my mind what I want and I keep moving forward. I have cut out literally all sweets, and most carbohydrates and it is working
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home, do meth.

1t23x4.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Well I gained 10 pounds when I went on BC so going off of it I thought naturally it would come off again.

Um no..thats not how it works. You don't lose 10 pounds over night.. just like you don't gain 10 pounds over night. Plus are you sure it was the BC that made you gain or could it have been something else?

It takes about 4 weeks for your body to get used to a change in diet/exercise/medicine etc.. so keep plugging away and keep playing around.. eventually it will happen.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you've just come off of BC, give your self some time off from weigh-ins. The fluctuation in hormones can do crazy things to your body. Let your body readjust. It can also effect your mood - I'm not saying your feelings aren't legitimate, 'cuz I know damn well they are, but coming off the pill can make you feel worse about yourself than you would have otherwise felt.

Also, and I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way ('cuz after all I'm a stranger on the internet), but I noticed in your profile that you've had issues with addiction in the past. Diet pills can sometimes be dangerous - you use them to try and control some aspect of your life, and then you end up in the mindset that you "have" to take them because they're the only thing that works. You've already proven you don't need to rely on foreign substances to be yourself and kick *kitten* at life by kicking your addiction - you don't need more pills to help you lose weight!

You look great in your pictures. Don't let a number on a scale going up (or not going down fast enough) make you feel bad about yourself! I bet you're losing inches and not even realizing it.

Rock on lady!