Why are some so desperate.........................

Options

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi is really growing i think :P

I'm not sure why so many fall for it. Like the shakes and such are going to make you lose more weight.. even when you have the same about of calories? I don't get it.

I use body by vi! I don't think it is going to make me "magically" lose weight, but I think the shakes taste VERY good and I love drinking them in the mornings and before I work out. If you use it along with diet and exercise, there is nothing wrong. If you think you are going to lose weight just by drinking the shakes, then you are wrong.

isnt body by vi soy? I searched for the ingredients but got a bunch of sales pitches
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Those are people looking for the idea of a magic fix with no real work or change in themselves. I learned that the first step to weight loss was to accept the reasons I gained weight.. no blame on others and no excuses. I was looking for a real change not a temporary loss, which I find many here have. I want a permanent change in myself which means learning to eat right and incorporating hard work into my weekly plans.

This is a lifestyle change....
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    As Barnum reputedly said "There's a Sucker born Every Minute"

Human nature, sadly, shows no sign of changing even with free basic education available for so many more people.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It is funny though.

There's a new one in the UK where they send your already cooked food to your house for money. That way, they say, you'll lose weight.

I love it. The thought is so funny. . .
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    who stole the cookie from the cookie jar??
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    People want an easy way out. They need to try and fail a few times before they realize there isn't a quick maintainable method.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    People aren't educated well enough to take care of themselves properly or to lose weight the right way. It doesn't help either that they are surrounded by convenience foods that are terrible for them. I really feel nutrition labels should be mandatory on ALL foods for this reason, including fast food products and things like that. At least that would leave out most of the guesswork for people...

^^ This^^ and we should be educating everyone how to take good care of themselves- in schools from a young age on along side PE classes perhaps. Wait that's another thread :)
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Anything that claims that you will use weight without changing your diet or daily routine is TOTAL BS!!!

The reason why you are unhealthy is because of your diet and your daily routine, YOU NEED TO CHANGE THEM!!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    But I slathered myself in butter and cornflakes and ran around the house..the internet told me I'd lose 20 pounds,,is this not true? I'm gonna be mad!
  • urownstupidity
    urownstupidity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Let's clear this up here and now: THERE IS NO MAGIC PLAN.
    Sadly, this will never be cleared up. You may reach a couple of people here and there. But the gazillion-dollar weight loss industry isn't getting funded by people who want to eat at a calorie deficit and exercise. Everyone wants that bikini body in pill form.

At least a lottery ticket has a mathematical possibility....

I like him. He was right on the money. :)
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm the biggest diet skeptic around. I don't believe any of the claims. YET, I actually ordered Sensa one time....O.M.G>!!!!!! What a freaking moron. I knew it wouldn't work. I barely even tried it when it arrived because I knew there was no way in hell the stuff would work. I must have clicked that buy button at a *very*, *very*, *very* weak point. WoW.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never understood, but I do now. My weight has gone up and down the same five pounds since the beginning of July. My clothes keep getting tighter. I've tried eating less, more, changed my workout routine, added more protein, cut carbs. You name it, I've done it and NOTHING. So, a "magic" pill or whatever sounds pretty good to me.

And, yes, had a physical and all is perfect.

Diet and exercise have failed me. Now what?
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I never understood, but I do now. My weight has gone up and down the same five pounds since the beginning of July. My clothes keep getting tighter. I've tried eating less, more, changed my workout routine, added more protein, cut carbs. You name it, I've done it and NOTHING. So, a "magic" pill or whatever sounds pretty good to me.

They're going to tell you that you've done something wrong apparently. Because the guidelines are always correct...nothing else matters. You did something wrong...and if you buy anything to help you you're a MORON, an IDIOT. Why? Because they're all so self righteous.

Calling people stupid...well it makes you look ignorant. Yeah people buy stuff to help hoping by some 'miracle' they'll be better. What gives you the right to say that makes them stupid? How dare you people sit here and criticize like you're some type of high power...in all seriousness get over yourselves.
  • tigerlily_82
    tigerlily_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I kind of have to disagree, I don't think people fall for scams because they are too lazy or stupid. I think the majority of people who do fall for the scams are hopless. They feel like are willing to do anything to lose weight becasue they have been put down to the point where they don't believe that they can lose the weight on their own. Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit. The law of thermdynamics doesn't fail, and no magic pill can circumvent it.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    u mad cause the Giants are stylin' on you?
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Can I say yes there is no quick fix plan that will get lean ripped abs in less then 3 minutes a day, or a pop of a pill and drop a dress size over night and in 8 short weeks have the body you have always wanted.....
    But can i just say something else.....i have been working out since june last year and do you know what! I have been stuck at 75 kilos since then....the only reason why i dropped to 73 kilos in 2 weeks was i lost my appatite....its not the best thing to do but hey if i didnt feel like eating i wasnt going to...its what stress did for me.....now can i tell u something, i am desperate to actually see results....i was doing MFP for 5 months, maintaining my calories, exercising 3 times a week and do you know how much i lost....? maybe 200grams if that! over the 5 months!
    So i decided id do it on the 1st! then i make excuses i didnt lose then why would i now?
    So then last week i decided again lets do it, so my plan is to burn my fat away....I ate 500 cals for brekfast/lunch and then went to the gym after work i did a half hour class of a core class and then body attack which was an hour and a half class....i then did my usual 30 min interval runs and 30 mins of weights of 3-11-18 kilo depending on weight section.
    I burnt 1280 calories in 2hours 30 mins....it is 2 days later and i AM FEELING LIKE **** i ache all over.....
    If i had a schedual that would tone me in every place possible that would get rid of some of my gut id be in heaven! Every time i get to a goal weight I am like oh i need to be less to be in better form....and do you know what since 2008 i have lost 23 kilos.....17 went in 6 months and the rest is clinging to me like lycra....I am far from lazy, i am hopeful, i am looking for something that would budge me from 75 kilos because nothing worked..... Its just so hard! I cut my portions, i eat food i wouldnt touch and i exercise and i cut down on my bad food and do you know where that gets me.....nowhere.....so I am using a ill kill every muscle in my body even if i have to walk like a nanna for 2 days after doing gym classes! Ill go hard and Ill go often! 6 days a week if i can!
    Im not looking for a quick fix, because im not stupid, it doesnt exist without lipo and surgery...and i cant even afford a personal trainer so there is no hope of that!
    I was stuck at 75 kilos for so long....the african diet pills....fail.....
    food.......fail
    exercise ........fail
    Obsession for feedback and what works.........DISTINCTION......
    Results...........fail
    We all need help, just some chose magic and bubbles of hope over reality!
    Some times we just need a boost!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

That's a lot of different things to change up. This is hard (or at least very time consuming) because each little change often takes several weeks before you can make a fair assessment of whether it's working or not. And many of these changes (like cutting or re-introducing carbs) have dramatic short-term effects on weight.

I looked at your diary and it looks like you are very disciplined and consistent when it comes to logging, and you seem to be eating a healthy level of calories. If you are not finding success, this must be very frustrating indeed.

Not sure how current your photos are, but you look like you're at a healthy weight currently. How much are you looking to lose and what is your lbs per week loss set to? Do you know your body fat percent by any chance?
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I think its abit harsh that people are calling others stupid and lazy, yes alot of people are uneducated and dont know the sciences of nutrition and health, but calling them stupid and lazy is just arrogant and ignorant, some people are so desperate they will buy anything that gives them hope

Encouragement to do it naturally will help, the original post is constructive critism and to the point, Insulting people just adds to the problem.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You lie! I just KNOW there is a magic pill somewhere damn it :tongue: