Friends needed that eat their exercise calories!!

Options

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome!!! I needed every last one of you!!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do too, I'd be starving if I didn't.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    Thank you all for adding me. It's wonderful to see so many eating their exercise calories and losing steadily!!!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think you might be on to something. That would explain why I spent the last few months steadily gaining while keeping my calories under control. I'm gonna try it!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    I leaned the hard way. I spent the last week (not losing and ounce) and extremely weak and exhausted, I lost 3 days of exercising from being so tired. I want to be energized and live. So, I choose to eat and lose. When it was explained to me that when I eat 1200 and exercise 600 my body is only getting 600 cal and that's to little to complete a 2 hour exercise class. It finally makes sense to me.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    Anyone else???
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. :)
  • kasicrawford
    Options
    Oh I totally agree with you! I eat half or more of them back. If you want you can add me too... Still trying to figure out this scientific method that it seems to take to loose weight! LOL!
  • sweettara74
    Options
    This is new for me also! But it seems to be working! 5 lbs in 2 weeks is good for me! Good luck :)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I try to eat over my calories, then go and work out to get back in the green...........same idea though!
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I always eat back exercise calories. If you don't you are depriving yourself. it drives me crazy looking at friends diaries and they are eating less than 1200 and not eating them back. I will send you a request.
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    With a goal of 2 pounds a week to lose... I only get 1270 calories a day... I workout so I can eat. I don't always eat my exercise calories back but I am trying really hard to stick with this. Last year before I started MFP I realized I was working too hard and sending my body into starvation mode. So now - I am eating so I can burn! :)
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I eat mine too! Sometimes I don't eat all of them, but that is just because I don't have an HRM, so I can't be sure I am burning as many calories that I think I am. SO, I eat a bit less just to be sure. But, if I don't eat them all, I don't lose, so I am definitely of the same mindset. :)
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The main reason I excesize is so I CAN eat them back lol!
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree that NOT eating them would definitely set me up for failure. If it's working...if you're losing weight and exercising regularly, there's no need to change a thing. I eat 'em ALL most days! :D
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories back everyday (not all, but most - got to leave a buffer). I'm all about slow, healthy weight loss so feel free to add me if you need more support.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I eat almost all my exercise calories back...I always leave just a few in case my calculations are wrong some where.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the sort of friend you may need..... I do eat back my exercise calories, but I do it all in one day. I'm a Spike Dieter and I workout heavily 3 times a week (burn about 1500+ cals/week) and I eat all of my exercise cals back on my Spike Day - Saturday. I just started this a couple of weeks ago and I don't feel as deprived. I have a problem with night binge eating and this way of eating has really helped.
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I got at a 20 % deficit of my current BMI and then try and burn 200 calories a day by working out. But I'm not afraid to have day or Keats that I go over. I just don't go no where below 20% and find that reasonable. I lose like a pound a week. Eventually I will go back up... Or I may try zigzagging but I need to read more on it. Much love and luck.
  • woodmetal
    Options
    I am Kim!! I eat when I am hungry, try not to eat when I am just going to eat for the sake of eating cause then I usually eat junk! I am finally mastering portions but have a hard time planning. I would love suggestions for snacks! I am into clean eating so I do not eat things with splenda or other artificial ingredients- including genetically modified foods. I think Franken-foods are scary!