Friends needed that eat their exercise calories!!

Options

Replies

• nanasudo
    nanasudo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome. That is what I do. Sometime I even work out more just so I can have that ice-cream sandwich LOL. :.)

10246869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jenk24
    jenk24 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site and have been eating my calories back most days, if I am not hungry, I don't! You can friend me if you want, I don't have many friends so far!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine back. Seem to be in a stall so I am not sure what is going on.
  • monapurplelove
    Options
    I'm glad I read this. I wasn't sure if I was doing it right but I find myself more eating my workout calories too. More of a push to get a better workout!
  • rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i wasnt loosing weight as have a thyroid problem, but since eating my calories ive begun to loose again.
    i hate exercise so i excercise to get my treats
    i work out the whole days calories based on what MFP recomends , then i start excercising so i can get all the treats i want.
    I log all of these together with the exercise
    funny thing is my treats dont seem to be chocolate but fruit or wine and the occassional fish and chips
    im loving it as it gives me the motivation i need
  • mpetrocco75
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well. Feel free to friend me. I eat my exercise calories back most of the time but I'm on 1200 a day and if I didn't, I'd be famished!
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Also adjust your protein fat carb intake if you haven't the protein is reall low for the standard setting of Mfp. I try to stick very close to the ratios don't always or ever really hit it but it's a good goal day to day.
  • Sagetheplace
    Sagetheplace Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eating back my exercise calories in new to me, but I have stopped losing and keep gaining and losing the same 3 lbs since Christmas! So I have to try something new and I have been told by many people on here I am not eating enough. I believe it becuase I am much more tired and my body feels weaker doing my workouts. So eating back my exercise calories is what I am trying to do. Although now i have had to cut back on how much exercise I do, becuase i cant keep up eating all those calories back!
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am leary about eating them all because I think MFP overestimates the calories I burn during some of my workouts.... But once I get a HRM, I plan on eating every single one!!!! Add me if you want!
  • lilyjay_
    Options
    I actually find it really hard to eat back my calories sometimes...

I never want to eat too much during the day in case I don't get to the gym after work and leave myself with not enough calories for dinner, so then when I do go to the gym and then have a healthy dinner, I end up being left with loads of calories to eat back and I don't want to eat so late - after work, gym & dinner it's normally between 8 & 9pm, later if I finish work late.

Also, I don't normally have many snack foods at home so if I did want to eat back my calories my only option is usually toast and I eat too many carbs as it is!
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have about 150lbs to lose...and I'm trying to change my philosophies that culture has imposed on me. I believe you when you say it works, but I struggle to eat healthy foods to get to that goal. After logging my breakfast and lunch for the day and my exercise (Zumba - 1 hour class) that I will be doing this evening...it tells me that I still have 1,800 calories for the day. Do you have any advice for getting such a large amount of calories in, in a healthy and wholesome way....I'm trying to stay away from processed foods and white bread. I would really appreciate your help and any advice any of you may have. Thank you so much!
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lilyjay - I completely understand your scenario....I think sometimes I have the same encounter...I'm curious to know what others may suggest us to do.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I never want to eat too much during the day in case I don't get to the gym after work and leave myself with not enough calories for dinner, so then when I do go to the gym and then have a healthy dinner, I end up being left with loads of calories to eat back and I don't want to eat so late - after work, gym & dinner it's normally between 8 & 9pm, later if I finish work late.

Also, I don't normally have many snack foods at home so if I did want to eat back my calories my only option is usually toast and I eat too many carbs as it is!

Eat during the day!!! You'll need those extra calories for the gym!.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I find it impossible to NOT eat the exercise calories! Not all of them (on purpose). I will send you a request
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    YAY for eating and losing. =0)

I'm happy with all my new friends!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • lilyjay_
    Options

Eat during the day!!! You'll need those extra calories for the gym!.

I do always eat decent breakfast, lunch and a couple of small snacks throughout the day but all low calorie.. I just worry that something will come up meaning I can't get to the gym to burn any calories and then won't have enough left for dinner.

I do notice feeling a bit weak by the end of the day sometimes though so I'll try to have bigger lunches I think!
  • fairycake25
    Options
    I always eat my exercise calories makes me feel like im on less of a diet and i can still ahve treats here and there to keep me on track and thats the way i like it :)

Add me if you like
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I often do, not always thought. I also try and earn some if I know I'm going to be eating out something like that :)
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine back and the ones I don't sometimes goes toward a day when I don't exercise and am super hungry. Feel free to add me.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    Add me with a message that you DO eat your calories back!! Otherwise I might miss you.