people with goal weights 110 and below

Options

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I am around 121-123 (depends on the day), however, everyone is telling me NOT to lose anymore weight and I would probably agree with them. If anything, I would just like to be more toned.

402712_10150522828224268_503864267_8625172_429647263_n.jpg

You look terrific!! Has anyone told you that you resemble Kristin Cavalleri?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    And thank you all for the nice compliments!
  • Thinkingthin10
    Options
    5'4 and aiming for 110 :) if I'm not happy still when I get there I'll start aiming for 100
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my goal is 110...I don' t know if I can get that low because while I'm overweight right now I naturally have a lot of muscle (underneath the fat). I think it partially depends on your body composition.
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    Don't look at the bmi, especially if you are close or over 30. I am also 5 ft 3 in, and at 140 (which according to the bmi chart is still over weight) I am a size 6 and have next to no curves. If I got down to 110 I would be skeletal. A good plan rather than focusing on that final number is to set a goal size (I want to be in an 8-10, so I still have my curves) or to simply eat healthy, live active, and see where the scale ends up. Best of luck to you!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and around 130#. I used to weigh about 110# through my early 20s, but that was way too thin for me.

Ironically, I'm wearing about the same size clothes now. I just have a lot more lean body mass. If I lose much more weight, I don't really get any "smaller" because of the width of my ribcage, hipbones and shoulders... I just get bony and gaunt.

This is a pair of jeans I've actually had since 8th grade (Holy Hoarder, Batman!), when I was 19 and maybe 115# tops and 20 years later, late last year around 130#.

1991-2011-copy.jpg

In other words, by BMI, I'm about the same clothing size at the dead center of a healthy weight for my height as I was at the low end of a healthy weight for my height.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 111, I started at 138. I dont want to go any lower and wont mind going up as I build muscle =)
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and am trying to get down to 110. I am currently at 119. I lost about 22 lbs. before starting MFP. They always say the last 10 lbs. are the hardest to lose!! I tend to agree! I am a runner and am now doing core work and weights to tone. I have skinny arms and legs but big hips!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My sis in law is 5'3" and she is 112 pounds.. she looks pretty thin.. i think 125 is best for that height.

Surely it depends on your build? My mother is 5'3" and looks quite big at 125 lbs, she looks about normal at 112 lbs. I on the other hand am more muscular and look quite thin at 125 (at 5'5")
  • peacelily0507
    Options

is this you? I weigh 118 and don't look anything like that!!! :/ I am getting seriously depressed over all this today...at first I started to feel tighter but all of a sudden I'm feeling flabby again and I haven't changed much except 2 days a week i now do zumba instead of a jilllian michaels dvd..i thought this would only help me...i don't know for sure if it's behind my feeling not as toned but in any event even when I WAS feeling more toned I had a long way to go...sigh don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

anyway I think you look awesome

Thanks! I I'm sure you aren't flabby, but I do a lot of strength training, at least 3 times a week. It's really amazing what lifting some weights can do. Do you do any strength training?

what do you do for strength training? I am trying to...at least I think...right now I do zumba 2x a week (mostly cardio there I know but you got to have SOME right?) and the other 5 days I do jillian michaels or kettle bell workout (dvds) anything I should be doing differently??? her dvds are usually 30-45 mins long with intervals of weights-cardio-abs 3-2-1 (mins) as I said I noticed changes at first but now not so much and I've added cardio and trying to take in more protein..was hoping to keep progressing you know? I just started kettlebells...its a 60 minute workout with stretching and I used an 8lb kettle bell...I def felt it the next day and I'm just starting so I didn't want to start too heavy you know? any suggestions??? I'm all ears...
  • Rhokirkland
    Rhokirkland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and weight about 113-116 and I would not say I look too thin. It has to do with muscle versus fat. I am trying to get more muscle. Also it is truly about body type and what is a normal heathly weight for your body type and how you look and feel.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone is different, but I don't see myself going any lower then 118. My heigh is 5'3 1/2. I think for ME personally I would look unhealthy. I'm at 125 right now and loving it.
  • pelorizdo
    Options
    That is pretty unrealistic for your height.

120 at your height is bordering on underweight.

I hope anyone reading your post doesn't feel they should be aiming for the same target because it's EXTREMELY unhealthy.

Goodbye boobie and hello bobblehead!
    im 5'6 and my goal weight is 116!
  • asmithson19
    Options
    This thread has made me feel terrible :-( ... With the title I should have never looked at it so it's my own fault!

I'm from Australia so work in kilo's and cm's... But in non-metric talk I am 5ft 3in... A few years ago, my lowest was 125pounds and people would tell me I looked too thin... Bones sticking out, etc - I have very broad shoulders (which I hate), broad hips that I equally hate and I didnt have an ounce of muscle on me at this time... so I guess what everyone is saying about body types is right - Although it still doesn't make it easier that it is probably not humanly possible for me to be lower than 120 - I would kill to have a petit or slimmer body - But I guess I will just have to stop sooking and make do with what I've got! :wink:

My current goal weight is 132 (60kg's), with my strength training and the muscle I have built/am building I should look good at this weight but I will have to stop reading threads like this and dreaming of that smaller frame!

CW: 150.... Shame!!! :(
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 53 kilos (116 lbs) and I feel untoned and flabby. I am definitely no where near as in shape as some people here that are 5-10 kilos heavier than me. I think it works differently for everyone. I am looking to loose 3-5 kilos, and I don't think I will look sickly at all. I am eating healthy and doing strength and cardio training, and putting on a kilo or two of muscle weight would be a plus for me.

Just because one person looks sickly thin at 110 doesn't mean everyone else will too, I think we need to remember that.
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and used to hover around 105-110. On me (with my double-wide hips), that was extremely thin, though I've seen people of similar heights who look fine at that weight--a lot of it has to with bone structure. Would I ever want to get that low again? Probably not, but that's not to say it can't look healthy and attractive on other people.
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" and always was 110, after having my second baby my weight slipped up to 118 for a couple of years and got sick of it and joined MFP in June and got rid of 6 lbs, I was down to 110 about a month ago but found myself to boney and now like to sit around 112 with some added muscle! My profile pic was taken a couple of days ago and I tried to add a pic at about 113 lbs in November!

meBR2-2.jpg
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

is this you? I weigh 118 and don't look anything like that!!! :/ I am getting seriously depressed over all this today...at first I started to feel tighter but all of a sudden I'm feeling flabby again and I haven't changed much except 2 days a week i now do zumba instead of a jilllian michaels dvd..i thought this would only help me...i don't know for sure if it's behind my feeling not as toned but in any event even when I WAS feeling more toned I had a long way to go...sigh don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

anyway I think you look awesome

Thanks! I I'm sure you aren't flabby, but I do a lot of strength training, at least 3 times a week. It's really amazing what lifting some weights can do. Do you do any strength training?

what do you do for strength training? I am trying to...at least I think...right now I do zumba 2x a week (mostly cardio there I know but you got to have SOME right?) and the other 5 days I do jillian michaels or kettle bell workout (dvds) anything I should be doing differently??? her dvds are usually 30-45 mins long with intervals of weights-cardio-abs 3-2-1 (mins) as I said I noticed changes at first but now not so much and I've added cardio and trying to take in more protein..was hoping to keep progressing you know? I just started kettlebells...its a 60 minute workout with stretching and I used an 8lb kettle bell...I def felt it the next day and I'm just starting so I didn't want to start too heavy you know? any suggestions??? I'm all ears...

Girl, it sounds like you are already doing a lot! Do you think maybe you are being a little hard on yourself? It takes some time to see results.

I also do some cardio (my intensity work outs that involve aerobics and weights) but there are days when I go into the gym and just do strictly lifting, I use all the machines they have to offer and I do free weights as well. I am not pro and I have some ways to go, but I am more focused on being toned rather then losing weight at this point. I wish I could give you more advice, but like I said I'm not an expert either :(
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I am around 121-123 (depends on the day), however, everyone is telling me NOT to lose anymore weight and I would probably agree with them. If anything, I would just like to be more toned.

402712_10150522828224268_503864267_8625172_429647263_n.jpg

You look terrific!! Has anyone told you that you resemble Kristin Cavalleri?

Yes, I've actually heard that quite a few times from people over the years, haha, more so when I am thinner though ;) And thank you for the compliment, you look great yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!