Any Metal/Hardcore/Punk/Rockabilly fans in here?

Options
Hey,

I'm a weird mix. But I truly enjoy metal especially GWAR and Sonata Arctica and old punk - the Germs, Iggy Pop, etc. Just trying to connect with any other metal heads on this site. I'm also friends (like actual friends not "friends on Facebook") with Los Gatos Locos and Mobile Death Camp. Both excellent bands. Just trying to find like-minded people to throw random motivational and obscure Horror Film reference quotes and metal lyrics. You know like "You're THE ACE OF SPACES!" or "I think we're going to need a smaller boat," you know fun times.

Replies

• Heather20646
    Options
    Wow, GWAR brings back some memories!
  • CathLeenyLeen
    CathLeenyLeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    GWAR=love. I <3 metal and all types of music, actually. Full Blown Chaos gets me pumped to workout.

I have been thinking that somebody really needs to come out with a workout dvd set to Slayer or some equally amazing band.
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!!! I love good music in general but metal is my first love. I agree with the workout dvd set to Slayer. Or how about a mosh pit aeorbics class? Sounds so fun!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    MEEE :D
    and, mosh pit aerobics, sign me up
    >:]
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not so much metal but I love punk.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Prog metal is my scene. Syl, messugah, textures, sikith...
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    I am definitely a hard rock/ metal fan, always have been really. Now that I have heard of such bands as In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage, and my new favorite, Volbeat. And I have always liked Dream Theater, whatever you would classify them. I do NOT, however, like Scream-o. Whatever that is - that all sounds the same.

I also find myself appreciating more rockabilly and anything -abilly in my older years. I WISH they did have a workout for metal. That would be very cool.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I LOVE Iggy Pop, especially gimmie danger (: and I am a huge metal enthusiast. I listen to black, folk, ambient, death, blackened death, progressive, symphonic, melodic and viking metal.
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Mosh pit aerobics....NICE!!
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i do love metal and punk! iggy is awesome, but I also really like the Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold/Korn type of metal too. Punk = Social D, Clash, Ramones, some Misfits. Okay, I could go on forever, my music tastes span far and wide. :)
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a hard rock/ metal fan, always have been really. Now that I have heard of such bands as In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage, and my new favorite, Volbeat. And I have always liked Dream Theater, whatever you would classify them. I do NOT, however, like Scream-o. Whatever that is - that all sounds the same.

I also find myself appreciating more rockabilly and anything -abilly in my older years. I WISH they did have a workout for metal. That would be very cool.

Volbeat! I find the voice so different sounding...but I like it.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I LOVE Dream Theater...they are amazing. I love hard rock and melodic metal...not so much the scream-o, or as my friend calls it, cookie monster music ;)

I like rockabilly too. Ever heard of Three Bad Jacks?
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    oooooo iggy.. I'm in
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    i do love metal and punk! iggy is awesome, but I also really like the Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold/Korn type of metal too. Punk = Social D, Clash, Ramones, some Misfits. Okay, I could go on forever, my music tastes span far and wide. :)

I just saw Social D when they were here in Denver...amazing show.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    Definitly a huge metal fan right here. Devildriver, Suicide Silence, All Shall Perish, Born of Osiris are a few of my faves
  • rzrbckmaniac
    Options
    I love Metal. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold , and Volbeat are among my favorites. They make some great workout songs. I love all kinds of music though.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Definitely a hardcore and metal person more than anything... some punk can be okay but most of it irritates me haha
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Metal here, although punk and metalcore gives me the ****s.

I listen mainly to power, prog, oldschool heavy metal and a bit of hard rock too.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Yup... well... a wide variety.. love Stray Cats, a lot of rockabilly stuff, also Joan Jett, Ramones, L7, Lunachicks
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    i listen to pretty much everything from Atreyu to Zepplin lol