Any Metal/Hardcore/Punk/Rockabilly fans in here?

Options

Replies

• twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Atlast, I've been waiting ages for a this post. There are so many good bands that are hidden from the mainstream it is impossible to name them all. Can't understand why society enjoys the talentless waste of Rap and R&B.

There's; A Day To Remember, Abacinate, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Abigail Williams, Atreyu, The Acacia Strain, Architects, Across Five Aprils, As Blood Runs Black, After The Burial, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Alesana, Alexisonfire, Asking Alexandria, All Shall Perish, All That Rermains and Avenged Sevenfold... And thats just the ones beginning with A!!!!!!

Saw AILD with August Burns Red and Evergreen Terrace a few years ago. Saw them again with War of Ages and Demon Hunter last year or the year before. Does Mayhem Fest come to where you are? It'll be great to see them (AILD) sharing a stage with Slayer, Slipknot, and Anthrax. Devil Wears Prada and Whitechapel are also on the bill.
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    i love the ace of spades on rockband. hahahaha.
  • kelsey_bee
    Options
    Hardcore is probably my top <3 I don't get to hear too many of the underground bands as I don't go to shows but I love Have Heart Shipwreck Verse Guns Up! Acacia Strain Blacklisted ect
    Metal's been catching up in recent years after giving Mastodon, Syl a chance. Recently started listening to Megadeth & Pantera, Volbeat, and I love Type O and Clutch.
    I've been wanting to listen to some more rockabilly though, right now I really only listen to The Rev and the The Kings of Nuthin'

Almost none of my friends listen to any metal/hardcore so it's nice to see some people who do :)
  • sirenvega
    sirenvega Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A few that I love are Acid Bath Agents of Oblivion, (anything the Almighty Dax Riggs sings) Isis, Danzig, Theatre of Tragedy (old), and Eyehategod.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Atlast, I've been waiting ages for a this post. There are so many good bands that are hidden from the mainstream it is impossible to name them all. Can't understand why society enjoys the talentless waste of Rap and R&B.

There's; A Day To Remember, Abacinate, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Abigail Williams, Atreyu, The Acacia Strain, Architects, Across Five Aprils, As Blood Runs Black, After The Burial, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Alesana, Alexisonfire, Asking Alexandria, All Shall Perish, All That Rermains and Avenged Sevenfold... And thats just the ones beginning with A!!!!!!

Saw AILD with August Burns Red and Evergreen Terrace a few years ago. Saw them again with War of Ages and Demon Hunter last year or the year before. Does Mayhem Fest come to where you are? It'll be great to see them (AILD) sharing a stage with Slayer, Slipknot, and Anthrax. Devil Wears Prada and Whitechapel are also on the bill.

Mayhem fest doesn't even come in my country...shame. We have Download and Sonisphere fest here but I'm not really a festival person. I don't drink or take drugs or anything so being surrounded by thousands of others being taunted to do stuff I don't want to isn't really my idea of fun. I prefer to go to individual gigs, atleast that way you get to see the bands that you want without any downsides. Havn't been to one in almost 2 years tho, Parkway Drive, Winds Of Plague, Despised Icon and 50 Lions was the last gig I went to. Was thankful that I went 'cos it was Despised Icons last ever tour :(
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like everything, though I've toned down as I've gotten older. My 16 year old was particularly jealous when I told him I saw the Clash of the Titans tour (Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Alice in Chains). Monsters of Rock was awesome too. I used to go to tons of metal/punk shows. Anyone in their mid/late 30s-40s from the Boston area who listened to music will recall some pretty great places to catch a show, The Channel, The Rat, the Middle East, to name a few. Small venues to catch Pantera, Sick of it All, Suicidal Tendencies, Mighty Bosstones, The Specials, etc.

Just recently I've seen the Bosstones, Dropkick Murphys, and Social Distortion.

My music tastes are a bit more toned down now, and really I love some songs in all genres (even country and rap, to the chagrin of my son). I despise the newer metal, like August Burns Red and All The Remains. Maybe I still just like the older stuff for nostalgia sake.

My all time favorite genre is, and always will be, 80s glam & hard rock. Give me Motley Crue, Van Halen, AC/DC, Poison, and I'm a happy girl :) (again, to the chagrin of my son!)

There's to much good music to not appreciate all sorts of bands!
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    < - - HUGE Iron Maiden fan here!!!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Me!

I've recently done rock/metal belly dancing classes. Soooooooo much fun :o)
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Social D is my FAVORITE band. Love Frank Turner also. <3
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Me!

I know I'm a guy but I want to do Metal belly dancing!!!!
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    would probably say i was a rock chick, mix of bands from foo fighters, vaccines, muse, chillies. also like some metal/punk.

:flowerforyou:
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    <-- this girl! not so much in to metal but rockabilly and punk fo sho!
  • catattack13
    Options
    *raises hand*

street punk and psychobilly :D
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Mayhem fest doesn't even come in my country...shame. We have Download and Sonisphere fest here but I'm not really a festival person. I don't drink or take drugs or anything so being surrounded by thousands of others being taunted to do stuff I don't want to isn't really my idea of fun. I prefer to go to individual gigs, atleast that way you get to see the bands that you want without any downsides. Havn't been to one in almost 2 years tho, Parkway Drive, Winds Of Plague, Despised Icon and 50 Lions was the last gig I went to. Was thankful that I went 'cos it was Despised Icons last ever tour :(

I'm not a huge festival person myself. The only one I ever go to is Mayhem, and that's because most of the bands that come to Mayhem don't come around here outside of Mayhem. :) And I understand what you mean about the drinking/drugs. Sometimes the worst part of going to a show are the other fans. lol
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    DEATH METAL AND DEATHCORE ALL DAY! :D

Not so much into punk or rockabilly though. I just like heavy *kitten* music.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    What? That is Awesome!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Me!

That is AMAZING
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like hardrock too..... actually my email has "hardrock" in it.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love metal and rock music too. But my favorite is symphonic metal/rock. Bands such as Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Lunatica, Krypteria, etc. I guess my favorite music is a reflection of myself; very melodramatic! lol :)
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Yesterday there was like no posts in here, so glad I'm not the only one on this site. You all sound awesome. Feel free to friend me. I cast a wide net hahahaha. Has anyone ever gone on 70000 Tons of Metal? It was supposed to be our honeymoon but we weren't as happy with the lineup this year.

http://www.70000tons.com

Anyways Glad you all are here i live in Washington State but we're moving to Boston (where my husband is from) in about a year which is good and bad. Mainly, because I'm from Hawaii it's bad. If you want to live in a place where the bands never come, live in Hawaii.

I'm also going to shamelessly promote my friend's bands Todd Evans used to be Beefcake for GWAR and he now has Mobile Deathcamp they are a good metal band. My friend Chuck has Los Gatos Locos and they are really good psychobilly lots of murder and blood and guts.

Thank you all for replying I was getting nervous. Does anyone go to the gym and have to explain their tattoos, colored hair, or why they just screamed RUN TO THE HILLS, because that's getting really old.