Why Batman is not a super hero

Options

Replies

• chelleymarie88
    Options
    While I agree batman is not a 'superhero' in the traditional sense, ie Spiderman, X-men etc, I think he OWNS superman. Namely because I'm not American, so for me, superman is just a little bit too....American idol cheese, whereas Batman is dark and cool.

Although, I am hoping Man of Steel will rectify this.

Who do you prefer, Captain Britain? par har har..

Yeah, he would and has destroy Superman. I am VERY excited to see Man of Steel... I have loved every single animated/real-time Superman movie.

U like SM RETURNS? I was disappointed--hopeful of MOS

It was mediocre. Not as bad as the X-Men movies. Extremely disappointed with all of them, except the newest First Class movie.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    While I agree batman is not a 'superhero' in the traditional sense, ie Spiderman, X-men etc, I think he OWNS superman. Namely because I'm not American, so for me, superman is just a little bit too....American idol cheese, whereas Batman is dark and cool.

Yeah, he would and has destroy Superman. I am VERY excited to see Man of Steel... I have loved every single animated/real-time Superman movie.

It was mediocre. Not as bad as the X-Men movies. Extremely disappointed with all of them, except the newest First Class movie.

Agree with u mostly -- X2 <----loved it
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Captain Britain would be awesome!
    Plus, I like to think of some superheroes as British. Thanks to the the xmen films Xavier and Magneto will always be British to me.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Agree with u mostly -- X2 <----loved it

They ruined Rogue and butchered the stories, but they were entertaining
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Plus, I like to think of some superheroes as British. Thanks to the the xmen films Xavier and Magneto will always be British to me.

Yeah... They butchered my beloved X-Men... Thanks Fox....
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Batman is "the truth" , he has some crazy fighting skills, Superman is my guy though! He's just that...SUPER!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Batman is "the truth" , he has some crazy fighting skills, Superman is my guy though! He's just that...SUPER!

Indeed :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I really didn't mind Superman Returns, but the animated Superman stuff is way better. X-Men movies are terrible, absolutely terrible. Even the great Patrick Stuart couldn't save it.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

I really didn't mind Superman Returns, but the animated Superman stuff is way better. X-Men movies are terrible, absolutely terrible. Even the great Patrick Stuart couldn't save it.

I love Patrick Stuart... but he has a British accent.... Magneto...is not British.... They tried saving it in First Class, but even that story was f'ed up. Lol
  • TheDoctor90
    Options

First class was pretty amazing and they're both British in that. Well, Fassbender is Irish/German but we'll count him.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

First class was pretty amazing and they're both British in that. Well, Fassbender is Irish/German but we'll count him.

Yeah, but at least they gave him the right background in First Class. Lol
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Agreed he's not supposed to have the accent. Oh how I was confused in Star Trek TNG when he was Cpt Picard , supposedly a frenchman with a British accent. Ah how the future will be different :)
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Agreed he's not supposed to have the accent. Oh how I was confused in Star Trek TNG when he was Cpt Picard , supposedly a frenchman with a British accent. Ah how the future will be different :)

He definitely looks EXACTLY like Professor X tho
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    No doubt about it, he's got the look nailed! Man now I have a hankering to watch either Superman Returns or some Star Trek....
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    on the topic of super hero movies and disappoint, the spiderman trilogy is mine. First one ok, and after that...blah. I mean they made venom look like a mega *****. I hope the new spidey movie will be good, also cant wait for the Anvergers movie
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    on the topic of super hero movies and disappoint, the spiderman trilogy is mine. First one ok, and after that...blah. I mean they made venom look like a mega *****. I hope the new spidey movie will be good, also cant wait for the Anvergers movie

Wasn't too keen on the Spiderman movies, but Avengers does look epic. Thor was one of the best superhero movies I've seen in a long time. The scale was pure epicness
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    tumblr_ljomemG7vZ1qj41h3o1_400.jpg
    Yes..... Spidey 3 is the worst superhero movie ever made- I totally posted that on the group forum ahaha. I think a lot of people agree with us... Not to mention, Mary Jane shouldn't have even BEEN in these movies.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Wasn't too keen on the Spiderman movies, but Avengers does look epic. Thor was one of the best superhero movies I've seen in a long time. The scale was pure epicness

Thor was awesome. Chris Hemsworth looks EXACTLY like Thor too.. They did make some booboos, but I don't expect them to cover everything in an hour and a half.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

Thor was awesome. Chris Hemsworth looks EXACTLY like Thor too.. They did make some booboos, but I don't expect them to cover everything in an hour and a half.

Exactly they can only do so much. I still can't get over how much mass he put on compared to his George Kirk character in the past Star Trek movie.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Funny, best 'superhero' film of the last 10 years is the one without a 'superhero'. The Dark Knight.