Chicken Nuggets!?!?!? Yay or nay!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    10 piece chicken mcnuggets has 420 calories and 24 grams of fat, so i guess 20 of 'em has 840 calories and 48 grams of fat

i'd die from a guilt trip if i ate that :noway:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I knew someone was going to post that pink soft serve looking chicken pic! :laugh:

Oh, and I could kill a 10 pack right now!! Buffalo and BBQ sauce, please :bigsmile:
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

chicken-mcnugget-step-one-1447-1-1.jpg

:noway: is this legit/real?

hahah I saw this on FB last week too. First thing I thought of when I saw this post ;)

Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I make my own...to die for! Cut up chicken breast, roll in seasoned bread crumbs, saute in pam or olive oil...serve with desired dipping sauce. :drinker:
  • Roshams
    Options
    Question......??

Why do they call it "mechanically separated" poultry, when really it's mechanically squished together poultry?!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    wow I haven't had nuggets in months... homemade much better - if anything I would go for the strips instead
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    They stopped using the mechanically separated chicken in '03.

Get over it.

Ok, well here's how chickens should be raised

freechickens.jpg

Here's how they're raised at factory farms that produce the chicken nuggest for major food companies like Tyson and fast food companies

chicken-factory-farm.jpg

^^^ Increasing the risk of diseases including salmonella. To prevent this they treat it with ammonia

Before it starts: no I'm not on a high horse; yes, I use to eat fast food; no, store bought nuggets are no better

Edit: Yes, I eat meat and no I don't have a problem with killing animals or people eating meat. Just think we all, including myself, should know what we're eating. Has nothing to do with calories
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS
    I know, imagine that! Meat drying up and not rotting?!

jack-links-original-beef-jerky.jpg

Check this out: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Where exactly is the nuggets on a chicken anyways?:tongue:

I'm allergic to wheat, so I can't eat them. But I do make them at home with a wheat free flour mixture that I make. Yum!!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    Question......??

Why do they call it "mechanically separated" poultry, when really it's mechanically squished together poultry?!
    They separate the meat from the bones. :flowerforyou:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    i prefer my nuggets to be from chicago.

A woman with good taste!!!! She knows where the quality nuggets are!:bigsmile:
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chickens don't have nuggets ;)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

:noway: is this legit/real?

hahah I saw this on FB last week too. First thing I thought of when I saw this post ;)

You need moisture to grow bacteria and mold and the like....ever hear of dehydrated food?
  • Roshams
    Options
    I know, imagine that! Meat drying up and not rotting?!

jack-links-original-beef-jerky.jpg

Check this out: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

My friend makes this stuff, but she has to use a dehydrator to dry it faster so the meat doesn;t go bad.

SMART *kitten*

It was a photo of nuggets and fries. Whether or not it's true how old it is, it was still pretty gross.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    Increasing the risk of diseases including salmonella. To prevent this they treat it with ammonia
    Like the mechanically separated chicken, the ammonia thing isn't happening anymore. (http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i prefer wendys nuggets
  • bethanymelton
    bethanymelton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Talking about fast food on hear is not helping to encourage me :-(
  • killagb
    Options
    i prefer wendys nuggets
    Wendy has nuggets? Wouldn't that make her Wendall?
  • killagb
    Options
    Talking about fast food on hear is not helping to encourage me :-(
    So don't read it, is my advice.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Errr, no thanks on the fast food nuggets. Makes me cringe to think of bitting into those squishy cartilage pieces..... :sick: