Chicken Nuggets!?!?!? Yay or nay!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Vegan nuggets from the Loving Hut! The most perfect crunchy outside ever.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

chicken-mcnugget-step-one-1447-1-1.jpg

McNuggets and breast implants share a common ingredient called polydimethylsiloxane. Google it.
    I'm a fan of Morningstar Farms' nuggets. They taste just like the real thing but are made from soy - not beaks, bones and cartilage.
  • me217
    me217 Posts: 2
    Options
    Gross have you seen how those nuggets are made....if you crave them go someplace that uses real chicken breasts!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    After seeing food from McDonald's sitting out on a counter for 2 years consecutively, and it not spoiling or rotting or even changing in color....I will NEVER eat that "food" again.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are NOT mechanically separated, but all 100% WHITE MEAT (they were at one time made the other way but have changed many years ago in favour of quality!)

Still come from factory farmed, generally abused-never seen the light of day-antibotic & hormone pumped chickens.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

:noway: is this legit/real?

Gross...
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    We like the ones from M&M Meat Shoppe or the Janes brand... for whatever reason since I started eating better even the smell of the nuggets at McDonald's makes me nauseous.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I make my own...to die for! Cut up chicken breast, roll in seasoned bread crumbs, saute in pam or olive oil...serve with desired dipping sauce. :drinker:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....So when you make them next, I'll be coming over. Sound good? ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are NOT mechanically separated, but all 100% WHITE MEAT (they were at one time made the other way but have changed many years ago in favour of quality!)

Still come from factory farmed, generally abused-never seen the light of day-antibotic & hormone pumped chickens.

Poultry and hog producers are not legally allowed to use hormones in the US.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I quite enjoy my factory farmed, generally abused-never seen the light of day-antibotic & hormone pumped chickens. It gives them more taste and they are generally more tender.. because they have been abused... :tongue:
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options

hahah I saw this on FB last week too. First thing I thought of when I saw this post ;)

Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS
    You need moisture to grow bacteria and mold and the like....ever hear of dehydrated food?

Wow, we could give out Sarcasm awards on this page! LMAO

No, actually I have never heard of dehydrated food. Please, enlighten us all with your wisdom.

Actually, there is dehydrated food. It is used when you are hiking for long distances or carrying a lot of weight on a hike. They remove the water so it takes the weight off the food. You rehydrate the food in the camp or eat it dry. It isn't too bad and it saves your back on the long hikes.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have never liked McD's chicken nuggets. I do like Wendys and Chik-fil-a's though! And bbq sauce is definitely the best to dunk in! mmmm

Same here on everything! .....Except the BBQ sauce thing. I hate BBQ sauce. :grumble:
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I KNOW the feeling! I had a 6 piece for McDonald's LAST night!! And yes, I had the fries too w/ a side of sweet and sour sauce. YUMMY!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

hahah I saw this on FB last week too. First thing I thought of when I saw this post ;)

Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS

It's not "gross" it's basic biology, if something dries out before it has a chance to mold, nothing will grow in it. This is how jerky, dried fruit, dried beans, etc. work. (I'm not defending McDonalds, and I don't eat meat at all, but I'm a big fan of critical thinking.)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Spicy mustard from McD's is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Chick Fil A nuggets. The strips are delicious too. If you budget it it won't break your calorie bank. Go ahead.... you know you want to.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Most food will not decay sitting in a dry, insect-free environment like a counter or in a lab. It just dries out. That's why your bread gets moldy in the bag, but if you leave a slice on the counter it just turns into a crouton. Not a valid test of anything
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Why couldn't white meat be mechanically separated. Is there a regulation that white meat but be hand cut or pulled from the bone?
    Mechanically separated denotes a process where the meat is pushed through a filter to remove the bones. It produces the paste that everyone loves to post pictures of (that McD's stopped using in '03).
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

That may be, but so does most chicken you buy from the store and other fast food places too. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Why couldn't white meat be mechanically separated. Is there a regulation that white meat but be hand cut or pulled from the bone?
    Because mechanically separated chicken is a process involving the whole chicken. They toss the whole chicken into a grinder (including guts and the head and everything) to take it off the bone. It gets all mashed up together. Now they separate the white meat from the dark meat, which would be a different process (similar to how they get chicken breasts).
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    chick-fil-a all the way :)